Best faux fur coats at the moment?

Furhug

Hi!

What are some of the best faux fur coats/jackets/rugs now available? Preferably near or in the Netherlands.
I got myself this one this year and so far nothing has surpassed it (in terms of softness and size):  Image 1 Image 2

Thanks in advance! Looking forward to your replies

Hope to help you, if you don't mind sewing things by yourself, for example to make a rug or bedspread, go and check www.bontshop.com. that's a Nederland based luxury faux fur fabric producer that sell per meter. I made an article about them after discovering their incredibly high quality furs (here, in French, https://www.fourrureclub.com/blog/13721-fourrureshop-fr-limitation-fourrure-de-qualite/).

They are used to supply fur lovers, lots of advices if you contact by email, free shipping in the Nederlands, but also site in English, french and german, ship nearly all over the world. I'm really enthusiastic about what they do as I found here faux furs qualities that I didn't find elsewhere 😉

I recommend the Pamela McCoy collection of faux fur coats..... there are many available over eBay and the Etsy app and the Poshmark app.... I bought my first Pamela McCoy full lenght full lenght faux fur coat pre owned from eBay.....

good luck to you on your search...

8 hours ago, paul2809 said:

I recommend the Pamela McCoy collection of faux fur coats..... there are many available over eBay and the Etsy app and the Poshmark app.... I bought my first Pamela McCoy full lenght full lenght faux fur coat pre owned from eBay.....

good luck to you on your search...

I'll certainly second that, I have a couple myself and they're magnificent

I have a Dennis Basso full length black faux that I bought on eBay. It’s a ladies 3x, but fits my 6’2” 280 pound body great. I can even wear it over a suit without feeling tight. I hope to get a Pamela McCoy some day. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

H&M XL/XXL Iconic grey faux fur coat with notched collar -- it sold out before Christmas '19 in a matter of days because the fashion blogger June Ambrose wore it in an Instagram and Snapchat video.   It looks good on men and women.  And it's dry-cleanable.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2019 at 2:07 PM, scarey said:

@furhug, thats a lovely fur..have you a link from where you bought it??

Sorry for the late reply! Only seeing your message now. It's a Diesel reversable jacket, it's not available anymore on the site I got it from unfortunately (Nelly.com) but I did see it on lyst.com and glamood.com.

To everyone else: Thank you for the recommendations!

@fungus, is it possible for you to post pictures yet? 🙂

• 5 weeks later...
10 hours ago, paul2809 said:

Hey how is the Dennis basso faux furs?? Same quality as pamela mccoys faux furs?

I have had a couple of Dennis Basso. Love them. 

On 12/13/2019 at 8:19 PM, ozfurlova said:

I'll certainly second that, I have a couple myself and they're magnificent

Hey Oz. I miss talking you old friend. Love your new pics. 

22 hours ago, fungus said:

Hey Oz. I miss talking you old friend. Love your new pics. 

Feel free to contact me on flickr if you like (PM's here never seem to work)

1 hour ago, ozfurlova said:

Feel free to contact me on flickr if you like (PM's here never seem to work)

I tried finding a place to PM on Flickr. Do you know how to do it?

I have been amazed lately at the pics I have seen of faux long haired furs and ruffs, and how much better they have gotten in imitating the real thing.  Never the same by any stretch of the imagination, but certainly better than in the past.

22 hours ago, fungus said:

I tried finding a place to PM on Flickr. Do you know how to do it?

As far as I'm aware, the easiest place is on the desktop version and you can find a link from a person's About page to mail them

Hopefully that'll work as I'm mindful of not wanting to hijack the OP with off-topic stuff

11 hours ago, lynxette said:

I have been amazed lately at the pics I have seen of faux long haired furs and ruffs, and how much better they have gotten in imitating the real thing.  Never the same by any stretch of the imagination, but certainly better than in the past.

You're right that it's definitely gotten a lot better in the last few years or so. Some are very difficult to tell apart from the real thing without actually touching the fur