Anyone been out yet??

WinnipegFur

-16 windchill here this morning.. pulled out the full length raccoon this morning and drove to work... Stopped in a park for a quick stroll on the way... Only -2 now though... Don't remember being outside in fur this early in a long time!!

Where are you guys at? 

I was in Colorado two weeks ago.  Overnight and morning temperatures were in the mid 30s.  Small piles of snow were still piled up in planter boxes and lawns from snowfall two days before I got there.  Temperatures did go up to the low 70s later afternoon. I did not see a single fur, not even fur trim while I was there.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in chicago so as you know we are seeing some brutal temps this past Oct and into Nov. So i have had to wear my furs out almost every time I leave the house. When we were having temps in the low 40's I was already wearing my full length silver fox just to brace against the high winds we were having. but as the temps dropped even further into single digits or below zero I've had to switch to my heavier blue fox and white fox coats. It is absolutely frigid out here. I've never experienced a Fall season like this before. We normally don't see this kind of weather until late January

6 hours ago, minkme said:

Were you the only ones in furs or did you see others wearing furs?

I didn't see anyone else in fur but my drive to work is all country roads and early in the morning.

Yesterday was the first day I was out wearing one of my furs, my black fox hoodie.  With abnormally-cold temperatures here in North-By-East-And-East-Some-More, it was what the doctor ordered.

Im in Winnipeg by by name.. we had a nasty cold snap for about a week... although today its going to the plus side of 0C (supposed to be +5) but theres also an associated south wind at 30G50kmh so it feels alot colder...

I had to fix the garage opener so went out in my full length raccoon.. wind definately cold..

So far last week Ive worn my FL raccoon and beaver... have to admit it doesnt feel as cold right now... we hardly have any snow on the ground (maybe 1/2 inch) Im assuming after the next few days on the plus side that will be gone...

Its usually cold in the morning (-10C) but by the time Im coming home its warmed up considerably... last week I wore the raccoon at -3 and was just to warm... its definately nice though at -12 and lower :)

• 4 weeks later...

So its -33 with the windchill and ZERO furs... Ive been wearing the full length coyote to work in the mornings.. I usually stop at the park on the way for a quick little walk... its amusing to see other people walking and you can tell they are absolutely freezing.. meanwhile Ive never been so warm!

• Like 1