When a woman either buys a fur or has a fur bought for her, is there always a sexual element involved or is it simply about buying the best garment to keep warm with?

dongleboy

This is a question I've often contemplated.  Are there women and men who, when buying a fur, would be surprised to discover there are people who have an interest in the sexual side of fur?  

Perhaps difficult for us fetishists to fathom, not everyone sees fur as erotic. Actually I wish more people valued fur for all of it's practical aspects. 

14 hours ago, furs limited said:

Perhaps difficult for us fetishists to fathom, not everyone sees fur as erotic. Actually I wish more people valued fur for all of it's practical aspects. 

Well said!   For me fur becomes erotic with the person's attitude or mood. Having said that, I enjoy seeing and wearing fur WITHOUT any erotic feelings.  I can understand a person buying a fur just like any other garment.

Sometimes, I think some movies and TV shows give the idea of a sexual element when the wife is given a fur coat.  An example of this is one episode of the Sopranos.  Tony gives his wife a sable coat.  The next clip shows Tony sitting on his bed.  His wife walks in naked under the sable coat, then they have sex wearing the coat.

• Like 2

On 10/30/2019 at 1:36 AM, fursince63 said:

Well said!   For me fur becomes erotic with the person's attitude or mood. Having said that, I enjoy seeing and wearing fur WITHOUT any erotic feelings.  I can understand a person buying a fur just like any other garment.

Also true for me.

Many women bought a fur primarily as a status symbol, maybe they don't even know all secrets today

On 10/30/2019 at 12:24 AM, minkme said:

Sometimes, I think some movies and TV shows give the idea of a sexual element when the wife is given a fur coat.  An example of this is one episode of the Sopranos.  Tony gives his wife a sable coat.  The next clip shows Tony sitting on his bed.  His wife walks in naked under the sable coat, then they have sex wearing the coat.

This is one of my fantasies- buying a partner furs and then getting properly compensated in return! 

On 10/29/2019 at 9:24 PM, minkme said:

Also in some comics. My favorite issue of X-Factor is Vol 1 issue #53. It's admittedly because Jean Grey buys a white fur coat. And it's heavily hinted at that she might be wearing the coat when she and Scott make love (and they at least make out with her wearing it).

Nevermind this. Accidentally got a double post and I don't know how to delete this spare one.

Edited by LordTheNightKnight
correction for posting error

One should not be buying gifts, of fur or any other items, with the expectation of "proper compensation."  It is no longer a gift, if it is to be paid back.

• 2 months later...
On 11/7/2019 at 12:50 PM, furs limited said:

One should not be buying gifts, of fur or any other items, with the expectation of "proper compensation."  It is no longer a gift, if it is to be paid back.

On 11/7/2019 at 12:50 PM, furs limited said:

A wealthy man doesn't spend tens of thousands on a mink for his wife or hundreds of thousands on a sable for his younger beautiful mistress without expected compensation.

47 minutes ago, Arab princes said:

A wealthy man doesn't spend tens of thousands on a mink for his wife or hundreds of thousands on a sable for his younger beautiful mistress without expected compensation.

Any man who pays full retail for a mink coat or sable coat is a fool. No sable coat should cost more than $100,000 and that's if you're paying Neiman Marcus prices. As for mink coats, no mink coat should cost more than $10,000 in this day and age. This is no longer the 1980s, the era of conspicuous consumption and overpriced furs. Keep in mind, every year, multiple dozens of millions of mink pelts are produced. Mink, if anything, is overproduced.

• Thanks 1

On 1/21/2020 at 2:32 PM, Tu_che_le_vanità said:

Any man who pays full retail for a mink coat or sable coat is a fool. No sable coat should cost more than $100,000 and that's if you're paying Neiman Marcus prices. As for mink coats, no mink coat should cost more than $10,000 in this day and age. This is no longer the 1980s, the era of conspicuous consumption and overpriced furs. Keep in mind, every year, multiple dozens of millions of mink pelts are produced. Mink, if anything, is overproduced.

It depends on the mink though. Obviously plus sized garments at full length are a little more costly than their petite/average sized counterparts because there are more skins and more labor to produce the garment, hence the higher price point. Also depending on the skins used or the pattern, a higher price point might be justified due to rarity alone. So you would never see a standard Ranch raised mink or mahogany mink go for over $10,000. But for a Blackglama mink, white pearl mink, or an hombre pattern, a whiskey mink or even Blue Sapphire or Blue Iris can make the price skyrocket depending on the furrier who is selling it. Especially if that furrier only has a handful of garments in those skins. And since too the non standard variety minks tend to jump out on any given rack amongst a crowded display of black and mahogany minks, they will be immediately more sought after by the general public than their standard counterparts.

The only 2 full length minks we had at Alaska fur gallery (and keep in mind this is just accounting for the Juneau location where I worked, which is a seasonal pop up store) were these two full length 54" blackglama mink that retailed for about $19,000 but we were selling it for about $12,000. One was an 18W and the other was a 20W.  Granted this coat also had a collar that had a very thin strip of sable trim going down the leading edge of the collar. It was maybe one inch thick but it was a tuxedo front so I'm not honestly sure whether that was enough to prop up the price to $12,000 price tag. the coat certainly had way more mink than sable on it.

It is also one of my questions about women's attitude on fur and the answer somehow may trigger some fantasy lol 

Recently there was a party held at my home and the guests are the colleagues of my father. One of his colleagues' daughter wore a green coloured fox fur vest with a pair of big collar. Her outfit and pretty face simply stunned me when her entered my home(She is now year 1 at Uni). Throughout the party, she had only removed her fur vest when she was having dinner, and I know it was the only chance I can feel the fur! 

I was excited asf when I helped her to bring her fur to my bedroom(coz my bedroom served as the cloakroom during the party). I checked the floor of my room was empty, and then started stroking it. The fur is really soft and gentle, and the collar is really big! I also smelled it and the perfume of course didn't let me down! But unfortunately when I wanted wear it, I heard someone was walking down to my room's floor so the mission was aborted...

After the dinner she once again put on her fur and I had spotted her many times of stroking the fur and the fluffy collars while watching TV and chatting with others.

So, here's what I predict how she get the fur: 

1. Her mom gave it to her and she wore it when she went outside. (But I think possibility of this prediction is quite low coz a uni girl seems not to wear parents' clothes, but things may vary in different families and countries)

2. She does love fur but may not tend to have any fetishism on fur like many of us. So her parents bought it for her or she bought it by herself. And if this is true, she will definitely buy herself more furs in the future

3. She does have some sexual tendency on fur but yet to discover it. And if yes, it repeats the last sentence of point 2. 

What do you guys think? 

18 hours ago, minkme said:

I think its more like #2.  Maybe her parents gave it or loan it to her for the party.  It sounds like she likes the feel of the fur. 

In fact I also think the #2 is the most possible situation. And I will not forget the moment in which she kept running her fingers deep into the fur when she was watching TV. It definitely suggests she really loves the feeling of the fur! 

But will girls turn her "pure love" on fur to fetishism, and if they don't, will they accept it?

Can't say if #2 or #3, but I'd rather bet on #2. Usually one tends to think of others as of oneself (so we expect ourselves mirrored) which is rather unlikely if you are extreme (=fetishist). And the categories are quite fluid.

But anyhow a love #2 can grow into desire #3, so she might become an outright fetishist sometime.

4 hours ago, LeComte said:

Can't say if #2 or #3, but I'd rather bet on #2. Usually one tends to think of others as of oneself (so we expect ourselves mirrored) which is rather unlikely if you are extreme (=fetishist). And the categories are quite fluid.

But anyhow a love #2 can grow into desire #3, so she might become an outright fetishist sometime.

Thank you for your opinion and analysis! And yes, I think I shouldn't make such an extreme projection on her, even if she does love furs. 

But who knows what the truth is? Maybe just like what you have said, the situation may change over time(from pure love to desire) and if it comes true, I really want to meet her again! 

I love Furs primarily because they make me feel safe, warm, and protected, which in turn enhance my ability and interest in the sexual side of things.  But the two elements are not necessarily connected automatically.  In other words, one can exist without the other so to say.

• 8 months later...

Today I saw a woman (maybe 40-50 yrs old) wore a fur-trimmed jacket, with a huge fox fur tail key chain attached to her cell phone. At that moment I cannot believe what I saw because that fox fur tail is really big and long. 

But what really triggers me is her "true" attitude to fur. From what I assume and observe, many women do like some furry things, so that's why fur wearers are mostly women. But if she even gets a huge fox fur tail key chain for herself, I may assume she does not only wear fur for warmth or be fashionable but maybe an obsession with fur. 

This is just my personal assumption and observation today, and I am glad to share it with u here. 

• Like 2

On 10/20/2020 at 6:08 AM, Baxel said:

There are balloon fetishists

Rubbing a balloon on your dick might cause an electric shock, i'm glad i'm a fur fetishist

• Haha 1