Macy’s

dumbass45601

If you think about it, you can't picket or otherwise shame an online fur enterprise. I think the demand is still there and the fur business will survive. In the future, a resurgency is not out of the question either. Fashion is fickle and people will get tired of wearing petrochemical clothing. Ugh!  "Ain't nothin' like the real thing"!

Once I went to the big Macy's at Herold Square (many years ago) and was browsing when the salesman came to chat and I asked him to show me the difference between mink and sable (Oh, I knew already!) and he brought out an ankle-length Canadian sable coat in mid-brown.  Without my asking, he held the coat open for my arms!  I allowed myself to be swathed in it and could honestly not bring myself to take it off for ages and ages.  It was glorious!  So glorious, in fact, that I returned the next day for a repeat performance -- this time a very kind woman was in charge of the salon and she immediately knew which coat I was referring to -- and obliged me all over again in wearing that fabulous long coat!  Ah, Macy's!

Edited by MAINLYMINK

• 2 weeks later...

Many years ago I was working on the telephone system there when I got an order for a new line in the fur salon. The only person there was an older woman who was wearing a very nice fox stole. After finishing up the job I sat down to kill a little time and enjoy the sights. I asked if men's coats were available for sale. She sad sadly no, but I could try on anything I wanted. Jackpot. I spent the next half hour with my new friend while wearing a floor length blue fox coat that fit like a glove. Needless to say I was a frequent visitor there in my spare time and I think it made her day too! Fur friends are the best.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/12/2020 at 10:32 PM, minkme said:

I think the California ban goes into effect 2023 so you have time.

Nah it's weird. It literally states on there it can't be shipped to California. And when I put it in my cart and go to pay to test it out, it says unavailable to ship.