California Impending Fur Ban

Shy_Fur_Guy

Sad to see it happen but no surprise to me. I remember when animal activist were viewed as "nuts" and nobody took them seriously. Even the fur industry ignored them and underestimated them.  

But will this stand up in court (which has been threatened in the article)? I brought this up in an earlier thread, but California's proposition 8, the ban against gay marriage, fell apart in court, because making all those claims against it were a different matter when not only under oath, but required to provide evidence. I hope for the same here.

• 2 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 8:32 PM, LordTheNightKnight said:

But will this stand up in court (which has been threatened in the article)? I brought this up in an earlier thread, but California's proposition 8, the ban against gay marriage, fell apart in court, because making all those claims against it were a different matter when not only under oath, but required to provide evidence. I hope for the same here.

Sad to say the way the courts are back logged the ban will go into effect before the case is even makes it to court. Not to mention the fact that the animal rights groups attack wearing fur on every level by  "Re educating" people. They protested, bullied, intimidated and now LEGALY banning it. How many people want to invest in such a socially toxic product? I hope I am wrong, I want to be wrong and I want someone to shoot down my statement and give me some hope, because this is not only about banning fur it is an attack on our right to choose IN AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 12/30/2019 at 4:25 PM, fursince63 said:

Sad to say the way the courts are back logged the ban will go into effect before the case is even makes it to court. Not to mention the fact that the animal rights groups attack wearing fur on every level by  "Re educating" people. They protested, bullied, intimidated and now LEGALY banning it. How many people want to invest in such a socially toxic product? I hope I am wrong, I want to be wrong and I want someone to shoot down my statement and give me some hope, because this is not only about banning fur it is an attack on our right to choose IN AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The same could also be said about gay marriage, but again that did not hold up in court, regardless of whether that case happened before or after prop 8 took effect.

• Like 1

I think most people, including courts are much more understanding about human rights and gay rights than the fur industry. It seems like anyone in wearing real fur is held up for harsh judgement and the fur industry is being hit from every direction.  BUT I hope you are right and I am wrong. 

4 hours ago, fursince63 said:

I think most people, including courts are much more understanding about human rights and gay rights than the fur industry. It seems like anyone in wearing real fur is held up for harsh judgement and the fur industry is being hit from every direction.  BUT I hope you are right and I am wrong. 

The point is that these cases show that claims made against the fur industry are lies.

• Thanks 1