Flemington Furs not closed after all?

Joe

Everyone, 

I had a feeling Flemington Furs wasn't actually closing forever.  They had a liquidation sale, and sent out letters to all customers in January, but I just checked their facebook page and it seems they're open for business and currently promoting the Fall 2019 season.

The glory days may be over -- they're still considering moving out of their large building -- but if you're in the area, give a call or pay them a visit.   

~

Edited by Joe

I received the January letter, and one in the spring stating they were going to remain in the storage and repair/restyle business. I see they have some sort of fall new line-up. I'll probably visit there around Christmas time. Who knows?

• 6 months later...

I am so glad to hear that Flemington Furs appears to be in business still: I remember going in there many years ago and asking the very attractive (mature age) blonde saleslady to show me the difference between mink and sable (I did know, of course!).  She led me through the racks of minks (wonderful!) and then (THEN!) she asked me to wait a minute or two while she went back to the vault...in a few minutes time she re-appeared, wearing the most stunning and beautiful, floor-length Russian sable coat -- I was overwhelmed!  It was beautiful and I just wanted to fold her in my arms and rub myself against her -- couldn't, of course!  I shall <never> forget that episode!

Their used fur store was around the corner and run by two charming women: there were often some really nice furs for sale in there, too (trade-ins, etc)

Edited by MAINLYMINK

Their website says Manalapan, NJ Store is permanently closed.  

6 hours ago, MAINLYMINK said:

I am so glad to hear that Flemington Furs appears to be in business still: I remember going in there many years ago and asking the very attractive (mature age) blonde saleslady to show me the difference between mink and sable (I did know, of course!).  She led me through the racks of minks (wonderful!) and then (THEN!) she asked me to wait a minute or two while she went back to the vault...in a few minutes time she re-appeared, wearing the most stunning and beautiful, floor-length Russian sable coat -- I was overwhelmed!  It was beautiful and I just wanted to fold her in my arms and rub myself against her -- couldn't, of course!  I shall <never> forget that episode!

Their used fur store was around the corner and run by two charming women: there were often some really nice furs for sale in there, too (trade-ins, etc)

So how did you say you wanted to buy a sable for your wife as an excuse? 

Stores in: Manalapan, NJ and Flemington, NJ