What was your first fur and when?

TSCO

Hi there,

I was wondering what everyone’s first fur was and when?

My was a saga fur Finn Racoon ushanka hat, I saved up for it during my summer job and got it at 14

It was in 1999 or 2000, I was 25 when I bought my first fur, a long blue fox coat, on Ebay. My former GF enjoyed it too

Unfortunately it was too small for me and we damaged it during "playing"...

• Like 2

mine was a silver fox stroller. it was in 2008, i was a student finishing my master degree in paris. i bought it on ebay.

Coyote parka was my first: 1994. It kept me warm onsite when cleaning up diesel fuel during train derailments on Wyoming's Red Desert during the height of winter and wind season. Still have that parka, too.

• Like 2

I'd say I really had three first furs. The actual first was a faux chinchilla coat I picked up at a thrift store in 2012 or so. The first real fur was a somewhat ratty blue-dyed fox I bought at a thrift store in Hong Kong of all places. Neither of those lasted long. But I consider my first true fur experience to be a full-length Tanuki coat I bought on ebay in 2013 (I think). I still have that one too!

Genuine shearling flight jacket, recieved as a gift when I was twelve years old. Still remembering fondly how cozy it was.

Not the first fur I've worn, but that one was the first that I owned.

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite grandmother gifted me a grey Inuit-inspired rabbit parka almost twenty-eight years ago while I was in school. I traded it in toward a full length men's coyote coat, a graduation gift to myself, around the turn of the century. Slightly before this, the first one I ever purchased on my own was from eBay: a vintage blue fox jacket with an enormous collar.

The same grandmother gave me a leather bomber jacket -- reversible to Birger Christensen mink -- the year she died. I wore it the other night.

I had a floor length blue fox coat made for me back in 1986. At the time it was my dream coat. I had bought one for my ex. She was very happy whenever we went out in our furs together.

• 3 weeks later...

A beautiful white rex rabbit coat from Goodwill. I was afraid others would find it, and I did not have my own place yet, so I tossed it after a few months. Miss it dearly.

Nice to read everyones stories.

When i studied in America i bought my first furs. A floor length purple dyed rabbit coat with fox collar. And a huge faux fox jacket. Was about 22 then.

Back home in Holland i got raccoon coat with thick collar.

Have used multiple since then.

• 1 month later...

Hey 63, long hair beaver or sheared?

My first was a black-dyed skunk vest. It was really what was left of a thrift store 3/4 coat.

• 5 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 7:06 AM, furs limited said:

Hey 63, long hair beaver or sheared?

My first was a black-dyed skunk vest. It was really what was left of a thrift store 3/4 coat.

Long hair, What fond memories!

• 1 month later...

Full length tan fox with white fox tuxedo back in 1998.  Still have it though it is pretty beat up with the abuse my wife and I give it. But still so soft and comforting.

• 4 weeks later...

Depends on how you count;  I was given an Inuit-style grey rabbit hooded parka by my grandmother in late '91,  but before that I fell in love with many other garments in the closets of family and friends.   The first piece I bought myself was a vintage '70s blue fox jacket with an enormous shawl collar and spiral sleeves, circa '99.  I was so excited about it I posted on the very first Fur Den hosted by Delphi Forums.   The first piece I acquired to wear was a 7/8 XXL men's coyote from Ari Kaufman in New York in spring '02.  I moved that summer and sold it to Ron, someone I met in the original recipe Den.  Ron, if you're reading this, it looks much better on you than it did on me at the time!   

I was 10 and my parents bought me a coyote parka.  Wore it everyday all winter long until I outgrew it as a teen.  Had been asking for one since I was 3, and did not get another until I was in college with some of my own resources.  Have never looked back since.

• 2 years later...

Still don’t have my own…however, however if you include my wife in the equation, it’d be her Crystal Fox full-length as some have seen in other threads. Then she got three mink full lengths within a short amount of time.

My dream and realistic goal would be for  her to possess a 3/4th length Montana Lynx. I’d be sleeping on the couch if we spent anything more expensive!

• 6 months later...

Not counting the fluffy white Samoyed I creamed all over the mane and tail and pantaloons of, it was my mother's Canada Lynx coat. I completely ruined it with my seed and she will likely never know what became of it.

• Like 2