USA Polar Vortex, wearing any furs?

minkme

Anybody in the USA wearing furs outside during this cold storm? Temperatures in parts of the USA are colder than Antarctica in five states. Anybody wear any furs outside? Did it help keep you warm?

I live in Chicago. I only went outside today for one reason and that was to take the garbage bin out to the curb so it can be collected tomorrow morning and I had to wear my blue fox coat and hat, two layers of gloves, leg warmers, compression socks, the warmest pair of sweatpants I could find and goggles and I still felt that the 2 1/2 minutes I spent out doors was way too close for comfort. The furs definitely kept me warm its just the kind of cold that legitimately feels like its biting you right in the back of your brain immediately once you open the door. It was no joke in that weather. I'm gonna be up all night hoping that we don't lose power and the generator holds up.

I am in San Francisco and its hard for me to imagine temperatures colder than Antarctica but in the USA. Having to run errands and go to work in during the polar vortex.

Unfortunately I've been holed up at home working like crazy on freelance projects, but I did pop up to my roof last night in my black fox full length for a bit! It's tricky because my silver fox jacket and black fox full length coat aren't really garments I should casually wear out in the part of Brooklyn I live in. If I want to go out in them I'll grab a car into Manhattan, it's still pretty darn cold today so I might try to take the full length black fox out later this afternoon.

Here in the Northeast we're not facing the bitter cold and wind chill that the Midwest is, but it's still pretty darn cold: -4F (- 20C) with wind chills of -20F. I still went out with my coffee and thick hooded fox fur and fur pants to sit with the feeding birds.