Wicked snow storm comin'!

grouchomg

Wicked snow storm comin'. Shovels are ready, snow blower gassed up, and coyote fur parka and fox fur pants hanging by the door. I'm ready!

You don't wear fur when using the snow blower do you? I would be afraid the fur would smell like 2 stroke exhaust! Sounds like you know what your doing. Stay warm...

You don't wear fur when using the snow blower do you? I would be afraid the fur would smell like 2 stroke exhaust! Sounds like you know what your doing. Stay warm...

Actually, I do wear a fur while clearing the driveway. I have since 2007. According to Dino Furs, the black-fox parka has a long life to come.

PS - I'm an engineer and know a lot about these sorts of things. The Kohler engine for the snowblower is a four-cycle engine. God/dess bless Craftsman for their superb 12-yr-old snow blowing machine. Ye ol' snowblower still cutting up to 24 in (60 cm) of snow. And it blows off the side so my fur feels no ill effects. My blessed woman provides coffee.

We got 8" of snow out here. It's absolutely gorgeous. I've been waiting for a snowstorm like this all winter long. I live just close enough to lake Michigan that there is basically a boundary layer that protects us from most of the snow that might hit other parts of northern Illinois really hard. So a typical snowstorm for somewhere out in Lake Bluff that might be 18" is usually 3" for us. Not sure why that is. In the spring, summer and fall it will rain pretty consistently but in the winter we just usually get flurries or that wintery mix

• 2 weeks later...