confidence ?

davethediplomat

Hello ! do any of you act or feel different in public when wearing fur? For example are you more confident or feel more powerful ? if you would you please provide an example ?

I walk taller. I smile more. I'm more open to and aware of other people. It often is a source of positive interaction that would not have occurred otherwise. I also tip better and feel less hindered to spend a little more on things.

Wearing fur definitely has a positive impact on my self esteem. It's always why I look forward to winter. I just get more compliments this time of year when I wear my foxes out.

• 4 months later...

If anyone comments my furs (which so far has only been positive comment) I just talk openly about fur, there is nothing to be ashamed of when wearing fur.

• Confused 1

• 1 month later...

I definitely feel different when I’m wearing fur, which I do most days during Autumn and Winter 

I’m  rarely without a fur neck piece, even if I’m not in a full length coat.

I have only ever had positive comments 

My green mink probably gets the most attention 

59F38BF9-816A-4B3C-A220-5B69C86788D0.jpeg

• Like 4

On 1/17/2019 at 4:41 AM, davethediplomat said:

Hello ! do any of you act or feel different in public when wearing fur? For example are you more confident or feel more powerful ? if you would you please provide an example ?

I’m in my 60’s. Started wearing ladies fur coats beaver lamb/mouton outdoors since before I was 50. I used to feel very conscious and embarrassed. I would have died if any of my family or friends had seen me. I used to drive to work wearing a fur, but then stop and take it off just before I arrived in the car park.

What a difference today. I’m very confident, and couldn’t care less about other people’s thoughts or reactions. Life is too short. My wife puts up with me, if I wear beaver lamb ( told her the coats I buy are uni-sex). My mates know me by now, and all accept me wearing them ( apart from the fact I get called YOGI sometimes wearing the beaver coat). To which I reply “ I hate jealousy !”. They laugh and don’t reply!

All my family see me in the fur coats; they accept it.  Only my great-niece moans about me , when she has to take my coat off me when visiting in the winter ( they are very heavy)

My coats have been all over the world on our travels in winter, and on several cruises we have taken in the past!

Peolple sometimes look at me when out wearing my coats in winter. I glare back at them, and they soon avert their eyes.

In all the years I’ve been wearing them, I don’t recall one situation where anyone has said anything derogatory to my face. On the contrary, which you may not believe, I’ve had some very encouraging comments, especially from one lady out shopping in Norwich U.K. last winter. 

So there you have it. I’m very confident , and wearing fur outside doesn’t make any difference to me today.

Good question though !