When classic fur gets boring

greg

My lady, the one who is modeling the furs we sell, said to me that she is bored with all the oversized classic furs. She said she wants a modern style cheaper jacket with hood and a posibility of detaching the sleeves. She wants to wear fur casualy not just for stroles and dress up occasions. Now I have a question. Does anyone here have some experince with cheap chineese fur? I could buy like 5 different furs for the price of one from the furiers and we could really use them without being constantly carefull about damaging the expensive luxury. We just can't have all the fun on a bench in the park in the middle of the night while she wears a 2k fur coat... I know that the quality will never even come close to the italian products made of saga furs, but you know when the lady has a wish I'll do anything to please her.

If someone has bought a chineese fur please share the experience and a photo of the actual item that came and a link with photos that were advertised.

Thanks!

@red_fox: Have you bought any? My thinking was: in the last couple of years the quality of chineese products has reached really high level at prices you just can't beat on EU market. So I wonder if the quality of the furs have raised too...

I've never bought from a chinese seller but I constantly hear reports of buyer beware type situations that customers find themselves in. For instance the"Furs" usually have strong odors, or their made from materials like plastic, acrylic, polyester or thicken instead of real fur. Sometimes sellers will steal pictures from legitimate sellers in order to fool customers....Other times the buyer will pay up and then the fur will never show up...I'd be willing to bet that there are a very small handful of chinese furriers with extremely high quality goods and pretty damn good reputations to match. But I don't think you'll be able to find those sellers on ebay. I equate most chinese fur sellers on ebay to the kiosk vendors at the mall who sell bootleg smartphones, because in both cases most of the items are either too good to be true or outright theft was probably involved.

I have checked alot of ebay etsy and similar fur sellers but just cant find someone that I think I could trust. Thats why I asked if anyone had positive experience...

I bought a rabbit jacket last year for my girlfriend and some mink gloves. The seller on alibaba was zdfurs.

They are not the cheapest, but the quality was good for the price. One advice for you is to ask them for an actual photo. Even if they say that the shown picture is the original one - ask them for a picture taken with their mobile phone. In most cases they will send it and you can see if this will be the product. Sometimes i thought it is too cheap for the price and when they send me the pictures i saw that the product they offer isn't like the one they show you in their product picture. Asking for the mobile phone pictures i received what i really ordered and the products looked like the pictures.

@red_fox: Have you bought any? My thinking was: in the last couple of years the quality of chineese products has reached really high level at prices you just can't beat on EU market. So I wonder if the quality of the furs have raised too...

I had some experiences. You certainly won't be getting a fur for 1/4 the price with the same quality as a european furrier, but there are some brands that gives a competitive quality with a nice price. Just don't be seduced by too low prices.

The chinese market isn't made entirely of disposable itens anymore, but you need to search carefully.

• 2 weeks later...