How to get us men more appreciated

blakeymikey

So how can we get more men into wearing fur weather it be real or faux. How can we get it to be more acceptable for people to accept that men do like to wear fur. I live in bristol and it does seem that more men are wearing there fur coats out but i think we and even the fur trade can do more as can the retailer who sell fur and who that dont. I have bought my latest faux fur coat from river island and it feels so warm. So lets see if we can make this more appealing. Come on guys and girls. Lets do this

But its not. Retailers could do more. I recently bought my new coat from river island but it was online only. If they had it in store and even in the front window on a male manaquin that would help. It is getting more popular but we can do more

It's a positive feedback cycle. If retailers see more men wearing furs out on the street, they'll make more since there's more of a market for it. And when retailers make more furs for men, more men will buy them.

Got to agree with Fox on this.

Last year I bought a pilots jacket with quite a thick faux fur collar, was quite nervous about wearing it out, but when I did, it gained more appreciation than looks of derision.

Retailers can offer furs for sale, but it is only through men having the will to wear them that the stigma will be broken.

Yeah I mean that really is all there is to it. I've noticed a steady uptick in my hometown of men who want to wear furs since I started wearing fur a decade ago. All you need is just a handful of trendsetters to do the same thing you are doing and it won't be long before you see that domino effect in full swing. It's like that with virtually anything, really. Just look at the sheer amount of youtube videos that are for "Lets Play" video game content or action figure reviews as an example. A decade ago there was nothing like that on youtube and now they continue to pop up like zits on a 12 year old.

I sometimes wear my Russian Sable scarf. (Picked up in a thrift shop for £5! Mind you, it was £80 to have it cleaned and re-lined)

It's incredibly warm and I've had nothing but compliments from other people about it. If ever I won the lottery I'd definitely be having an ankle length sable soat made for me. One day...

Dino's, my local furrier, is stocking men's furs for the first time in their Maine store. The proprietess tells me that there is - at least locally - mmore male interest in furs. Still, they only had a half dozen or so compared with all the women's items they had, and all but one were sheared fur, or nearly so.