Ermine vs Rex rabbit for a pillowcase, which one would you choose?

MrsMink

I am going to make a pillowcase and I wonder what is the best fur material for a pillow case I would assume chinchilla but the thousand dollar price for just a one sided pillow case is a little steep

Did you plan to make it yourself? so keep in mind that ereine skin is very common to sew as it is very thin in the skin. so it can easily tear in the seam, although it does not use the seam reinforcement.

Did you plan to make it yourself? so keep in mind that ereine skin is very common to sew as it is very thin in the skin. so it can easily tear in the seam, although it does not use the seam reinforcement.

Yeah I plan to sew them myself, I wonder if rabbit skin is tougher and will hold up better

Ermine pelts are rather small, so it would take a lot of them to make a pillowcase. I think the rex rabbit would not only be easier to work with, require a lot fewer pelts, but provide a better texture to the finished pillowcase.

Rabbit is very easy to sew thicker skin. And you do not need nail reinforcement. But use it if you want. Rabbit it cheaper and nice furs. My tip for you is trying to make a pillow in the rabbit before you make it difficult and make an eremin pillow. Do you have fur sewing machine.. do not need but it makes it easier. I myself sew mostly by hand.

Rabbit is very easy to sew thicker skin. And you do not need nail reinforcement. But use it if you want. Rabbit it cheaper and nice furs. My tip for you is trying to make a pillow in the rabbit before you make it difficult and make an eremin pillow. Do you have fur sewing machine.. do not need but it makes it easier. I myself sew mostly by hand.

What you are saying makes sense ermine is so small and I would imagine that the amount of stitching alone would make it less comfortable than a Rex rabbit fur pillow using only four lines of stitching.

At this point I am thinking to just buy a Rex rabbit play and so the bottom of the pillow with silk since I can’t afford a two sided at the moment I just spent a bunch of money on a fur blanket so I will have to deal with silk for now. Thank you so much for your help I am curious what you think about coyote versus fox they both seem to look the same I wonder which fur is softer to the touch.