What was your first fur?

Pelts

1 hour ago, shyfurwriter said:

Only a true fur lover writes like this!  Furs have always appealed to all my senses. So refreshing!  Thank you for sharing!

Lynx is the best for the wind blowing through it..the gaurd hairs are so long... another favorite of mine is silver fox.. a few -20 days mornings coming this week, so hoping for a chance for a day in lynx and a day in fox... but who knows what will happen..  tonite is calling for a low of -20 with the windchill..so definately an excuse in the morning to wear a fur coat....  but the high tomorrow is +6.. so we go from extreme to another.. it does go full opposite after that though.. lows -20 highs -10 fro the rest of the week!!! Possibly last full week to enjoy some fur outside...

3 hours ago, shyfurwriter said:

Only a true fur lover writes like this!  Furs have always appealed to all my senses. So refreshing!  Thank you for sharing!

If you like seeing the fur blowing around, Mongolian lamb is another good one... its longer than lynx... I have a mongolian lamb jacket, but its an inside coat... its a little too short in the body length for outdoors for me... Finn raccoon is another good one... I have a jacket in that, another I have yet to have out this year... it was such a crappy year for wearing fur to be honest.. even though I got out alot, it was still disappointing going for weeks on end because it was just to warm out... especially here where January is famous for -30 and colder, its the perfect reason to wear fur and get out in places.. I find when its "colder" out you don't draw as much attention wearing a fur coat, versus if its 0 degrees out... Winnipeg flip flops from one end to another.. It often has happened where Ill be wearing a fur coat in the morning, and coming home in short sleeved shirts... (like tomorrow for example)

• Thanks 1