North American fur cities

mrbeaver92

I forgot Dallas, TX and Atlanta, GA; in certain spaces, on colder days and nights, the fur comes out because these are places where the fur-loving population is forced to keep their collections in the air-conditioning 90% of the year. I flew to Dallas from New York last year on December 30 and there were a number of folks carrying furs on the plane that seemed way too warm for Texas!

You're right, who would think people would wear furs in Texas? The times I was in Texas, it was like 900 to 100*F

Minkme..

Its currently 118degrees in the Texas oil field in Odessa/Midland Tx..

Its close to what american military soldiers are facing in the middle east

How cold does it get before you can see furs worn outside? Which months will that be? I just remember that it gets hot, real hot and humid in the summer.

Most of the time.. it is mid to late November till mid February that furs are seen here where I live...

What Texas City would that be?

• 8 months later...

5. Old Town Alexandria, Virginia, or the National Harbor resort in Maryland, on certain days, just south of Washington, DC.

I was in the Old Town Alexandria area several times during January and February. It's entirely possible that I was just missing the right places, but I have to say I was kind of disappointed by what I saw around King Street and the surrounding shops.

I walk around Portland, ME and Portsmouth, NH all the time in furs, mostly parkas but 2-3 time a year in full-length coyote or fox. Never had a complaint but a lot of compliments... Like yesterday.

That's really encouraging! I've gotten a few compliments when wearing my fur-lined parka, but I want to get to the point where I feel comfortable wearing more than just a fur lining or collar. Overall though, I'm disappointed at the lack of real fur in the Boston area. I see it on very rare occasion, and almost never on a man.