Where are people buying raccoon hooded coats? (UK)

Fur Fan Man

I'm seeing so many racoon fur hoods in London (which is amazing!) and wondering where everyone is buying them from? They seem so popular that they must be easily attainable. I can't imagine they are all going out their way to find these coats but I struggle to find many sites selling them (apart from eBay etc) let alone shops. I didn't think my internet searching skills were that bad! I'd love to take a look at them for my wife.

I'm otherwise considering ordering a fur hood trim separately to add to a coat.

Can anyone advise on where I can find these coats?

You can buy almost the exact same coats and jackets on Aliexpress for a fraction of the cost. I would wager that that is where a lot of these shops are getting the coats from anyway.

Smother

I don't have any experience purchasing off AliExpress / Taobao, but I've been tempted (by the prices). However, I'm hesitant to put out any money when it's hard to find sellers not using stock photos or ripping off other seller's photos en masse. (Reverse image search on such listings on Taobao is actually how I get my Korean styler fix every winter!) In my opinion, this practice reflects very poorly on the seller.

Though if any of you have had positive experiences purchasing off AliExpress / Taobao, I would love to hear about it.

Thanks guys. Yea I also share the temptation and hesitation of AliExpress but probably won't chance it. It's just bizarre that I'm seeing so many raccoon hoods but they don't seem to be sold in many places. This place looks very reasonable but mostly out of stock. https://www.theboutiqueessex.co.uk/collections/fur

Also tempted to buy the fur trim separately and attach to a coat but could be fiddly.

There are a load of people selling parkas lined with fox or raccoon on Instagram. From Ukraine and Russia in particular. I've found a couple in the UK and the US as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Probably from Sorel/Canada Goose. Possibly some coyote as well not necessarily raccoon. I'm not sure if Canada Goose uses raccoon at all but I know Sorel for sure uses coyote.

• 1 year later...