Favorite Fur Types

What are your favorite types of fur? You can also list if you like specific types of a certain fur (for example, if you like fox, is it red, silver, etc.)

I really like fox but I have only had the pleasure of wearing blue fox (either natural blue fox or dyed black). With a little luck someday my collection will include Platinum shadow fox, white fox, golden island fox, red fox, and silver fox.

For me I love finn raccoon and fox (blue, black, silver and crystal), and the colour, softness of finn raccoon is just awesome!!

However I don't have any fox fur products(I have a finn raccoon boa only), so I cannot tell what fox exactly feels, but it looks so fluffy and beautiful in many photos and videos(I especially like blue and black one).

I really want to purchase a natural blue fox boa once I can afford one.

One should keep in mind that the QUALITY of fur pelts can vary widely and that a high quality pelt can feel much softer and have better coloration than a lower quality pelt of the same type. Unless you have access to a wide variety of fur types and qualities it can be difficult to properly judge which you prefer more.

As for myself, I generally prefer the longer haired furs mainly fox, coyote, and wolf.

• 2 weeks later...

Well my favourite has to SABLE, although CHINCHILLA comes a close second.

I have a few SABLE items; double sided scarf; long knitted scarf; lined gloves, ushanta style hat, and a short tie.

Waiting to be able to afford a full length coat.

Only two CHINCHILLA items, a FOX & CHINCHILLA bed runner, and a CHINCHILLA trimmed MINK short scarf.

A far as general purpose furs, I have 4 MINK coats (various colours) that I regularly wear, together with various scarves eg MINK;FOX;FINN-RACCOON;SABLE

I wear at least 4 fur items, coat, scarf, gloves, hat every day, often more.

Robert

Well... It all depends of the quality of the fur. I'm quite picky that way. Blue fox can be adorable, but if it's i poor condition it does nothing to me. A quality blue fox rates very high in my book. I'm also very fond of sleek minks. I know a lot of fur lovers prefer the big, long-haired foxes, but to me there is a subtle elegance to mink I really enjoy.

I haven't met a fur that I didn't like. However, fox is my all time favorite fur. I have a silver fox jacket that I absolutely love. I also used to own a blue fox jacket.

Love the long hair furs..Silver and Golden Island fox... Lynx, a full length coyote with a huge collar is always amazing!!! I tend to go in spurts.. for weeks I'll grab nothing but raccoon, then its beaver for a few days, then the foxes seem right All depends!!

• 3 weeks later...

I tend to like the long haired furs as well. I also like furs that have a pattern to them.

My favorites are coyote, fox, skunk, raccoon, beaver and badger. I would also throw in wolverine and black cross mink.

I love the dense soft fur types. Probably rex rabbit first then chinchilla, sheared beaver/ nutria. Had a chinchilla pelt that was amazing. I never took too much to fox, probably because of low grade pelts. Bought a fox blanket off ebay and had to send it back. I have 1 fox jacket that is nice but not a real turn on for me. Sable would be interesting to try but the price is out of,my league. Rex is my fav as of now. Chinchilla may be too soft but rex is awesome and durable. It's an amazing fur.

Furotic, you sure hit the nail on the head. Rex is hard to beat for soft and durable. I too am a huge fan of sheared nutria, sheared river otter, and sheared beaver if it is plucked as well. Not much for Fox other than its looks. White baby huacaya alpaca is softer than white fox and east to clean.Sable is ok but I much prefer the others listed.

Fox is an obvious favorite (especially crystal, silver, or golden island). Lynx is another. But I would also add coyote; the fur is coarser but it's also a very thick fur, which I like.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I love the thought of ermine. It's a very underrated fur today. You want a fur that symbolizes power, this is it.

Fox would be #1 for me. I recently acquired a full length blush fox coat that I love to play with. Although coyote is also fun. I've always wondered what lynx felt like.