Show us your furs - New or Old

neoJaguar

Being a new member here, I introduced myself in the new members section and also mentioned that I have a pair of fur lined leather pants. Well since then, my PM has been busy with questions about them. I am a hobbyist with fur and leather and enjoy making crafts and things with them. So I decided to line a pair of my leather pants in rabbit fur hides. It was a lot of work but turned out pretty well and they feel amazing to wear. I had a couple pics showing the lining and 1 with these boxers and the other with a leather thong. I thought I better post the boxer brief pic and yes, the undies are just for the pics ;)

Second pic shows pants inside out for a full lining pic..

thumsdfsdfbnail.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 2:04 PM, paul2809 said:

Looks super warm to go out in

They are very warm and perfect for very cold winter walks.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

These are my current furs. The white one is fully lined with rabbit fur( also for sale with the black one) and I also have a grey one lined fully on black rabbit. Amazing to wear. My favorite is always fox though. Looking for a blue fox next. Also have a lot of Russian style hats and a fox stole with cuffs. Need to take more pictures of these with me in them fully dressed but have been busy. Enjoy 

106B678F-7A1A-4280-85BA-8FB6BD48FFB3.png

728BD509-697A-4C1E-A083-0FBE45052890.png

BB767ABA-2B48-4325-A17B-2597704FFF9D.jpeg

7E56E76C-754C-437C-88DF-B37DB5E15808.jpeg

012D30D0-B060-48FB-B8FC-2802B2EF2F53.jpeg

14 hours ago, excalafur said:

Is that REAL chin,  BTW like the blue fox in background.

yes it's real chinchila :) and thank you!

Great chinchilla jacket. Could you share where you acquired it? Chinchilla is so seldom seen except in high end salons. Being a fragile fur, I hesitate to buy it used, online.

On 1/6/2020 at 2:02 PM, furs limited said:

Great chinchilla jacket. Could you share where you acquired it? Chinchilla is so seldom seen except in high end salons. Being a fragile fur, I hesitate to buy it used, online.

I bought it off of my friend. I posted some furs she has for sale in the "Fur Mall"

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 1:49 AM, KHahn said:

My latest. Beige sheared beaver and Canadian Lynx.

Finally showed up! Was delayed by about a month though!

Canada changed the rules on Canadian Lynx. And didn't tell anyone!

Can't ship 1 coat, must be part of a larger order first! So, mine was held

up because of this! Worth the wait though.

Fits nice. Warm and comfortable. Nice long belt to match!

Here, attempting to stand again. After I was dropped flat on my back, by dialysis individual.

Messed up lower back!! Hood up and down. Again, gotta mow face and maybe try again!

Should have a hooded Teal Toscana coming this week, so I've been told. Last coat for a while!

Gotta get medical bills figured out still.

Beaver Fur-1.jpg

Beaver Fur-2.jpg

The cat fur is bobcat, not Canadian lynx. The pelts may have come from bobcats that were trapped in British Columbia, Canada (interior of American West more likely) but the species is definitely bobcat. They look like high-quality pelts, gray in color with many spots. 

In the fur trade, bobcat is known by four names, lynx cat, cat lynx, American lynx, and Montana lynx, the last of which is used for Western bobcats. The term bay lynx is also used for bobcat but that is more of a common name, not a fur trade name.

Edited by Tu_che_le_vanità

Furrier, no. Ex trapper yes. Just always had a love of furs and in the resale fur business to supplement the my retirement! Must be something about Michiganders!