Isn't this an amazing fur commercial

Guest jennyfurlover

Okay this commercial is amazing it shows a lucky women getting a silver fox fur coat and one very jealous women right next to her who definitely wants a fur coat and is thinking I wish I had one and then it shows a women shopping for furs wearing a fur coat and then holding another one and then it finishes off with a women in the silver fox saying how much she loves her fur

Flemington Furs is a well known furrier, located in a small town in New Jersey. I visited the place once about 5 years ago. It was probably about an hour's drive from NYC. They also had a smaller second hand fur shop next to the main building which had some very reasonable bargains. I would certainly advise you to pay a visit to the Flemington Furs when you visit NYC, but you would have to dedicate a whole day just for that.

There is a fur company in Alabama that gives tours of its factory. I def want to go there someday. I tried to hit them up for a job, but I guess they are not big enough for a full time IT person.

If they still had these powerfoxes,i would go right now.

Seconded! Unfortunately, as of today their online selection is rather meager. I don't think that signifies, though, because they encourage you to call in about the "thousands" of other items in their store

I thought about passing by this place when I was road tripping my way out to NYC, however I read some pretty nasty yelp reviews of the place and decided to skip it. It certainly would be a dream to visit if it still is anything like this commercial though!

I thought about passing by this place when I was road tripping my way out to NYC, however I read some pretty nasty yelp reviews of the place and decided to skip it. It certainly would be a dream to visit if it still is anything like this commercial though!

Power furs are fun to browse, but in-store service fills me with trepidation. It's easy to gawk at eBay listings; it's another thing to have a clerk breathing down your neck for not dressing like old money. You're right - what Yelp reviews are extant read atrociously. But we should also note that there just aren't enough reviews to assume that things are uniformly bad. Maybe there's also a bit of selection bias when it comes to fur consumers intersected with Yelp reviewers.

...that said, I'm not half rich enough to stroll into an actual established fur salon to dish out thousands for a nice new coat. So it makes little difference to me, and I would feel bad if a clerk were obliged to deal with the likes of impoverished me.

I've lost count of how many times I've seen that TV ad over the years but it's certainly no less enjoyable each time I see it.

Like Jenny said, the jealous woman toward the beginning with her eyes almost falling out of her head is a classic

Most furriers and fur sales clerks realize they need to deal with a LOT of lookers in order to make a sale. If not shopping with the intent to buy, respect them and their merchandise. If you need to touch the furs, use the back of your hand as by doing so you will not transfer as much skin oil to the fur. Skin oil on fur attracts dust and other pollutants and eventually mats down the fur requiring the furrier to clean and glaze unsold product - an undesirable and excessive expense.

thier website is ... amazing to look at as well.........

I could get lost in thier store and not leave atleast with out a fur scarf......

Id wanna wear every fur there if I was able to hahahahaha...

I know how you guys feel about that one

If you need to touch the furs, use the back of your hand as by doing so you will not transfer as much skin oil to the fur.

Thank you AK! We ALL have to remember, that furriers are business people. They sell products. They can't afford to be wasting their times with people who just want to fondle their products. Even though I want to do do that, I refrain as I know the product is very valuable!

Thanks again AK.

J

PS I AM looking for a black fox.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know if they're still in business (no website found, no business address to find), but in the Dallas, TX area there was one Store / Salon that would easily match Flemmington...

Szor-Diener Furs!

An amazing showroom floor, double-level stockroom, well-secured storage area (they gave me the whole store tour - my guess is that they rarely got anyone from the PNW region into their store).