Cruela De Vil Appreciation Thread

furlover15

When I seen 101 Dalmatians I was young and already had a charming experience with a fur. I remember saying "why doesn't she leave the puppies alone and go after the fluffy animals?" I think if they made the movie about her rounding up the animals in her coat/ purse I would have cheered her on! BTW I also believe the coat/purse represents fox.

When I seen 101 Dalmatians I was young and already had a charming experience with a fur. I remember saying "why doesn't she leave the puppies alone and go after the fluffy animals?" I think if they made the movie about her rounding up the animals in her coat/ purse I would have cheered her on! BTW I also believe the coat/purse represents fox.

Yeah, agreed, the idea behind the dalmatian coat was far more exciting than any actual conception. Imagine how disappointingly deflated such a coat would have been - and to think they would have spread that mass of dalmatian fur across a half-dozen coats. What a let-down that would have been.

Quickly, someone fund a knockoff se/prequel - 101 foxes! And don't skimp on the actual animation!

Honestly, my favorite scene is the climactic car chase because her character really shines through adversity - but in terms of fur there was no better sequence than her introduction.

I meant to post all 72 frames in decent resolution, but I couldn't quite manage and so settled for the following 8:

tumblr_o2x5cwbvxt1v22iizo1_1280.png

tumblr_o2x5cwbvxt1v22iizo2_1280.png

tumblr_o2x5cwbvxt1v22iizo3_1280.png

tumblr_o2x5cwbvxt1v22iizo4_1280.png

tumblr_o2x5cwbvxt1v22iizo5_1280.png

tumblr_o2x5cwbvxt1v22iizo6_1280.png

tumblr_o2x5cwbvxt1v22iizo7_1280.png

tumblr_o2x5cwbvxt1v22iizo8_1280.png

oboi

oboi oboi oboi oboi oboi oboi oboi oboi oboi oboi oboi oboi oboi oboi oboi oboi oboi oboi oboi oboi oboi oboi oboi oboi

this sequence justifies every bit of love I have for her

I stumbled on this coat quite by accident and remembered what we said about collars:

tumblr_o2ylwiUaz71v22iizo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o2ylwiUaz71v22iizo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_o2ylwiUaz71v22iizo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_o2ylwiUaz71v22iizo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_o2ylwiUaz71v22iizo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_o2ylwiUaz71v22iizo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_o2ylwiUaz71v22iizo7_1280.jpg

tumblr_o2ylwiUaz71v22iizo8_1280.jpg

The original listing on Rakuten is here: http://item.rakuten.co.jp/auc-felicita/is-270823-32/

And while I'm not sure this is a double-sided collar (looks too "flat"), its width is certainly impressive. Add a little length and fill out the volume a teensy bit and you have a serious contender for the Cruella look. The model looks a little cheery, but I can forgive that given the generosity of the coat.

Seriously, why are these fantastic designs so hard to find? This one is a Versace "platinum cross" fox, apparently. It seems only Elsafur and Daria really know how to please.

All 72 frames are here. Of course, the stills don't beat a complete audiovisual performance, but I hope they suffice for this thread.

https://goo.gl/photos/9ap4ADMDXcf2nyWMA

Seriously, these have ruined the phrase "a collar you could lose yourself in." May as well call out those eBay sellers for fraud.

Great collection on Cruella fur!!

I have also visited your website, those photoshopped pictures are magnificent and I like them, especially those are based on Eir Aoi.

I have also visited your website, those photoshopped pictures are magnificent and I like them, especially those are based on Eir Aoi.

Thank you! Much appreciated. These things still remain a joke for me relative to the likes of Dragon, foxyfur60, etc etc. But the goal is still to channel the real "Cruella" feeling. Too bad Eir doesn't look remotely evil or cruel - so I usually make up for that by giving her truly outlandish outfits (and leveraging her excessively happy look).

Thank you! Much appreciated. These things still remain a joke for me relative to the likes of Dragon, foxyfur60, etc etc. But the goal is still to channel the real "Cruella" feeling. Too bad Eir doesn't look remotely evil or cruel - so I usually make up for that by giving her truly outlandish outfits (and leveraging her excessively happy look).

What is your website?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Anyone know the release date for the Cruella movie?

Don't think there has been even that much news about it.

I see two.

Kim has double D's and Cruella has A.

Kim is a step up in that department, but Cruella has the nicer coat by far, I think

I bet the person who made that silly photo didn't even suspect we might agree with him. I see little difference and I like what I see.

I see two.

Kim is a step up in that department, but Cruella has the nicer coat by far, I think

I bet the person who made that silly photo didn't even suspect we might agree with him. I see little difference and I like what I see.

The major difference is that Kim doesn't have a puppy head on her bag. I like depictions of cruella with a spotted coat, as we never get to see her beautiful dalmatian coat in the movie. The picture they use is fanart, but oddly enough Disney itself has put out images of cruella in an out of continuity puppy coat

http://imgur.com/8m8sV0I

Does anyone else wish cruella won?

The major difference is that Kim doesn't have a puppy head on her bag. I like depictions of cruella with a spotted coat, as we never get to see her beautiful dalmatian coat in the movie. The picture they use is fanart, but oddly enough Disney itself has put out images of cruella in an out of continuity puppy coat

http://imgur.com/8m8sV0I

Does anyone else wish cruella won?

Nice image - I remember first seeing it in black-and-white in the 102 Dalmatians video game manual. Turns out, by the way, that Disney makes full-size cardboard prints of these, just throwing that out there.

This will sound weird coming from me but I don't wish she won at all - I think I mentioned earlier in the thread that I would much prefer she achieve a superior effect by going for the coat you depicted in your post, dying it appropriately. Her style with power furs can't be beat - and a thin dalmatian pelt doesn't do much for me, personally.

My Darlings,I think she wasted her time with those worthless Dalmatian pups. She should have created a large fur farm to help transform countless foxes, minks and more deserving animals into beautiful furs.

I see two.

you never cease to amaze me, hah

My Darlings,I think she wasted her time with those worthless Dalmatian pups. She should have created a large fur farm to help transform countless foxes, minks and more deserving animals into beautiful furs.

the whole thing is: it would be too easy and less exclusive. i'd go for more known furs, but i surely admire her effort

All 72 frames are here. Of course, the stills don't beat a complete audiovisual performance, but I hope they suffice for this thread.

https://goo.gl/photos/9ap4ADMDXcf2nyWMA

Seriously, these have ruined the phrase "a collar you could lose yourself in." May as well call out those eBay sellers for fraud.

I also love this part:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsCajMdY34E&index=6&list=PLVLwLXWb_ZpOyNpvU1osOOLWiPWhVLYjg

0:45-1:20

And even a Cruella picture:

https://hu.pinterest.com/pin/393783561147246505/visual-search/?x=0&y=0&w=564&h=423

whoa, some serious mutant foxes were used to make the coat for this scene

Yep! That's a measure of "exclusivity" - amazingly full and thick fox pelts!

Aside: this is why I love the scenes with her driving. You really get to appreciate how the coat looks on her when she's behind the wheel. Sometimes in longer shots you can catch a glimpse of her; I love the animators' attention to detail.