Sexy model rants against PETA

furbound

On furelli's point it was the same with the countryside alliance march in London two tears ago. Nearly HALF A MILLION people demonstrating in support of foxhunting, and yet the media were clusterd around 74 PETA and League against Cruel sports members asking THEM what they thought.

Time to fight back.

Lets write the letter to everybody who has supported the use of fur models celebs designers etc and congratulate them on their courage and stance, and telling them about our group.

We could also lobby politicians every time fur issues crop up, and media, journalists etc too. Both pro and anti stances should be acted upon but when its the anti stance we should write as an individual with the support of an unamed action group. Take that one in turns.

As for the invitation etc that as I said should come from a female.

I have not been here that long, nor do I have or desire to have any formal title or such... but I would be happy to contact people like Mrs. Benson about our group if others here would like me to do so. I think we would need a list of potential people to contact, so that the task can be done thoroughly.

Opinions?

If no one objects, I will put some thought into a little letter of introduction on behalf of the Den. I will post it when it's ready for everyone to read and note changes they'd like or give their approval, etc., before sending it out to anyone. I'll be a spokesperson, but want the voice of all our members here to go into my words.

This is a good idea and I'd like to hear thoughs on who to contact from everyone, please. I can put together the list of suggested contacts with the letter, again for all to peruse and add to where needed. Men and women both should be included on the list, I believe.

Perhaps now we can put our collective voice to good use, bravo Ms Theresa, I for one think you are an excellent choice, (?Janey, ?any others as a collective letter????), and I await your 1st draft for consideration.

As a group conformation, should we set a poll up now, IE 'should members of this group approach well known personalities in support of their use of fur?

If this seems a good poll, I can add it and at least we will know our feelings before the letter goes out. Perhaps a second poll confirming acceptance of the letter in its final form before submitting?

Auzmink

Yes Miss T. you have exactly the media/celeb image we need to attract these people in. Also you could extend it to the likes of Dita and Miss persephone with whom you may have links anyway. They will respect you., not just because of your image but your intelligence and charm.

Be great to have Marilyn Manson cover venus in furs with Dita in the video!

yes, i think we should aim high as we like with the bigger stars... who knows what might happen?

i haven't forgotten about the contact letter, but am giving some time for people to respond to my request for suggested names, as well as juggling time between a few projects I am already involved in at the moment. i will be working on the proposed letter near the end of this weekend/early next week.

Hi all

Well, I have been thinking of the best way to approach someone who is

in the spotlight and used to being contacted by all kinds of groups regularly for this, that and the other. I wanted to make certain points and not pander to any egos more than would seem psychophant-like. I also wanted it to apply to generally any celeb we wish to approach, therefore not to be too specific about anything that would limit this more broad application. I feel we can simply personalize each letter to suit the person to whom it is being sent with the addition of their name where applicable.

I know this is a first draft and will need a few revisions once people have voiced their opinions about what it is lacking, what to alter, etc. Let's have some input everyone!

Here it is:

A Letter of Invitation to the Fur Den

On behalf of many people who share your interest of

wearing fur proudly and openly, I wish to extend to you

an invitation to join our group at:

http://www.theFurDen.com.

Allow me to properly introduce myself before going any

further. My name is Theresa and I am a photographer

and model. I found the Fur Den about a year ago, quite

by chance, and much to my delight. I quickly joined and

became an active member posting my thoughts, sharing

my images with others who appreciated glamour and fur

as much as myself and genuinely found a feeling of

acceptance there. I have become friends with many

wonderful people that live so far across the globe, if not

for the Den I would otherwise never have met them. I am

quite grateful for this nuturing environment wherein I feel

at ease with my genuine love of fur. I now know that

there are large number of other people who share my

feelings.

We are contacting you as you have been vocal about your

openness to wearing fur, or if not vocal per se you have

been seen wearing fur openly out in public. We at the

Den admire your courage and ability to stick to your

beliefs regardless of opposition. I elected to be the

spokesperson for our group and offer up a cheer of

"congratulations to you!" You have the most esteemed

approval from our members and we all wished to convey

that to you.

We are a community of like-minded individuals who have

a den that is warm, soft and inviting like the fur we

adore. You will find many things of interest when you

walk in the front door of our "home" as we like to call it.

There are many areas on our discussion and specialty

forums in which you may peruse silently, voice your

opinions and meet new friends or learn about fur and

share a wealth of knowledge at your fingertips.

We at the Den wish to strive to gain back our personal

freedom to wear fur if we wish, without fear of reprisal or

recrimination. Ideally I believe our members at the Den

would like to see the general public become more

enlightened as to the benefits and joys of real fur. For far

too long, the only loud voices speaking of fur at all have

been passionately against it in every way conceivable. Our

desire at the Den is to invite anyone to join our group who

shares our passion for fur. I believe our group is part of a

new voice that expects acceptance and tolerance of our love

of furs. We wish to tell a more honest version of how the

fur industry operates in well-established, law abiding nations

and the benefits of using a renewable source, such as fur

bearing animals, and how those benefits impact the entire

planet. Our members span the globe and come from all

walks of life. This diversity gives us a great wealth of

information and many perspectives from which to view

issues and discuss them. I feel we as a group posses a

great sense of unity and desire others to join in what we all

have... a furry haven of self-expression, friendship, shared

goals and, above all else, FUR.

Again, we ask you to take a few moments to look at the Fur

Den and hope that you will find it to your liking and wish to

join us. Thank you for taking time to read this letter!

Sincerely,

M. Theresa O.

I wished to keep it short and sweet, and I am sure I missed some points of view that I may not have thought of myself. I look forward to reading the responses and ideas from everyone!

Does The Fur Den have a Public Relations Director?

If not I propose we make Miss T. the Chairperson.

Congradulations on a very fine letter.

OFF

A terrific letter Miss T. Absolutely spiffing my dear!!!!

I wouldnt alter a word; it is perfect. If I had an invitation like that it would make me feel that I wasnt alone. So at least some of who we invite will join I am sure.

Now the hard part.....how do you find the addresses? Some will have sites or fanclubs and start there. My list to date:

J-Lo

Beyonce

Princess Micheal of Kent

Prince charles and Camilla

Lana Cox

Tracey Coleman

Pete Burns

Mistress persephone

Dita von Teese

Plus the anti PETA lady whatshername weve been talking about.

Oh and did I say what a creepily sexy victorian gothic outfit that is Miss T?

You can bite my throat out any time.

Edited by Guest

A perfect letter, so inviting and well-written. I remember seeing a photo of Reese Witherspoon in lynx although I'm not sure if she wears fur frequently. She could be one to add to the list though

Don't forget Elle McPherson who is being attacked by peta for apearing in the most recent American Legend ads. Love the letter Ms. T. it's perfect.

Chubby

This thread is going great guns and miss T writes with so much less abrasion than me(sorry for my rants)

Can I perhaps suggest Miss T when you have time, to put together a letter on behalf of the den to people who are anti to urge them to reconsider their position in the light of more recent eco friendly arguments? (maybe dont tell them where we are on the net though!!)

Ms Theresa,

I would add a few of names into the list immediately - Catherine Deneuve, Eartha Kitt, Ivana Trump, Joan Rivers, Paris Hilton, Renate Hirsch, Trinny Woodall, Madonna, Jerry Hall, Kate Moss, Naomi Campbell, Kim Cattrell, Sharon Stone - and can probably think of many more in time. But I think we're also missing a key area: the editors of major fashion magazines. Anna Wintour is at the top of that list but several other editors who have been seen wearing furs and of course it would be easy to get an address to contact them (or at least their secretaries or the magazine's offices).

As for contacting Lana Cox and Tracey Coleman I can do that, although only with Mrs Mockle's blessing and in her presence. (Is that alright with you dear?)

Regards,

Mr Mockle

thanks for the vote of confidence all! if anyone still thinks of something they would like added to the letter, there is plenty of time before i go sending it out.

in the mean time, i will put together a list of all the names mentioned and see what info i can find as far as contacting them (or most likely, their PR person). i will likely do searches online, so if anyone knows of any kind of directories or sites that they think might be helpful for finding the contact info, please pass it along.

I did get a pm about first trying to send this letter out to people like fashion editors, people in the media and the like. I think that is a great way to test the waters on this issue. Thoughts? I can alter the letter for this purpose (such as a media alert) pretty easily and will do so over the next few days.

Thanks for the added names to look into. When we think of it, there are a lot of people who are seen wearing fur, so it is a growing, promising list.

I can put some thought into an anti-fur conversion letter (trying to sound as ominous as possible ), just give me some time....