Air Travel with furs?

minkme

I've seen fewer and fewer people wearing theirs outside with every winter trip to Colorado.   The exceptions might be Xmas and New Year's in the mountain resorts -- and Gay Ski Week or perhaps the odd luxury industry event in Aspen.   Honestly, Europe seems to be the place to wear your big coats -- Gstaad and St. Moritz --- especially during the World Cup of Snow Polo -- Switzerland,  Cortina D'Ampezzo, Italy, and Courchevel, France for starters.   

I know I've commented in this thread before , but unless you're flying commercial in a dedicated single first or business class seat with a privacy screen, or perhaps flying with a companion, I wholeheartedly recommend wearing your accessories onto a plane that can easily be stowed in an under-seat bag in case of a militant vegan seatmate.  I've carried coats in airports zipped into hanging bags, on reinforced foldable travel hangers.  That makes it easier to stow onboard, to pull out and wear, or sling over your shoulders -- better yet, if  space allows, to drape over yourself in flight.   

If your seatmate is a militant vegan, you should wait until you're up in the air, open the door, and shove that asshole out the door.

• 5 months later...