Guest CruelIsHot

the CRUEL side of fur! ;)

I do indulge in "cruel fantasies" from time to time but I believe animals should be treated well and when the time comes, Killed as quick and humanely as possible. With that said I still love furs!!!!!!!!

Oh no! This thread is dying so I'm going to selfishly post here to keep it alive! Does anyone else have any fun corners of the internet with this topic?

blowmybagpipes

I pm'd you if you wanted to chat about it but you never responded

Oh I never got that but I'd love to chat

Nexii

I have some fictional stories on this topic but due to forum rules I won't post here

While I've been a fur fan since 'Dynasty', my love for the darker side of furs grew much more gradually. This was mostly due to lady friends of mine who revel in the cruelty and visit fur farms often, and are always conscious of how many animals died for their vanity and pleasure. Of course, I revel in just how much the cruelty upsets PETA

I admit I do not know a lot about fur production but can a person really "select" the animals that will become their personal fur coat? I have had the pleasure of knowing some for wearing ladies and they were far from cruel. I find it sexy when nice women have no problem wearing the furs of animals! One of the hottest sights I ever seen was a nurse wearing a fox chubby!!!

AKcoyote
I admit I do not know a lot about fur production but can a person really "select" the animals that will become their personal fur coat?

Generally not. Fur farms are not furriers. Fur farms sell their pelts through large auction houses where furriers and pelt brokers buy the pelts. You can frequently select pelts from a furrier's stock of tanned pelts for a custom garment, but I have not heard of ever selecting live animals for a custom made garment. Only after the pelt has been tanned can it's quality be properly judged if it is adequate for making into the desired item.

i also love the shock of such a kind woman doing something society so heavily labels as cruel. its very exciting to see a sort of sexy bitchy side come from somewhere you wouldn't expect. This was the situation of that coworker i described, but wearing the furs seemed to bring out a little darkness, or at least equally sexy confidence from her to make such brash statemnts.

My love for furs has been with me since I can remember but I only had a few encounters with real furs. It was around Christmas time when I passed a fur salon in the mall. I was nervous but I had to go in as I had never seen such beautiful furs except on TV and in magazines. I was greeted by an older lady who asked me if she could help me. I simply asked if I could touch a fur. I was sure she was going to give me the boot as I was way to young to afford a fur and I was alone. In the end I felt a few furs and another lady who was shopping for a fur thought I was sweet. The shop owner told me if I liked furs so much to come back in a few years and buy a coat! I spent about fifteen minutes in the company of some nice people who made me feel relaxed as I was introduced to the wonderful world of furs. I find it disturbing that people who like fur are portrayed as cruel greedy people BUT if you have violent, gruesome TV shows where people harm and kill PEOPLE for whatever reason it's entertainment. I won't mention the NEWS or GAMES or the real life insane things people or groups do to each other. I would NEVER harm anyone or make any living creature suffer BUT fur lovers are cruel? WTF?

I love when celebrities do an ad for PETA and then go right back to wearing fur. I firstly think it is hilarious, but as you might have guessed I also enjoy the cruel aspect of this. Even though these hot celebrities have learned about all those poor widdle animals they still choose cruel beauty over political correctness. Maybe all those photoshoots holding those furry animals made them realize they like the feel of fur... and maybe they'd like it even better adorning their shoulders fabulously rather than on some helpless little animal. A woman in a fur coat who knows exactly how she got it is so sexy!

I made a gallery of a bunch of examples: http://imgur.com/a/nLREu

Does anyone no of anyone else who's gone from PETA to fur loving, whether they be a celebrity or someone in your own life?

Also does anyone have any examples of the pet-to-fur scenario, other than Tiny Tim's fantastic Leucosia

Worker 11811
I admit I do not know a lot about fur production but can a person really "select" the animals that will become their personal fur coat?

Generally not. Fur farms are not furriers. Fur farms sell their pelts through large auction houses where furriers and pelt brokers buy the pelts. You can frequently select pelts from a furrier's stock of tanned pelts for a custom garment, but I have not heard of ever selecting live animals for a custom made garment. Only after the pelt has been tanned can it's quality be properly judged if it is adequate for making into the desired item.

I went into a fur shop in NYC and was talking about having a fur coat made from lynx.

The guy had a pretty thick Greek accent. He took me back to the store room and he showed me a large carton with about 50 kilos of lynx pelts inside. He took a bunch of them and started leafing through them and said, "You like katt? I make you coat of katt!"

He offered to let me pick out which pelts I wanted to make the coat from.

Damn! I was, probably about $500 short of what he wanted. If I had a little bit more money on me, I would have pulled the trigger right then and there! Cash money!

So, yes. You can choose the pelts that your coat is made from but, no, I have never heard of being able to pick the live animals.

Then, again, if somebody has enough money, I suppose anything is possible. Right?

But I'm sure that would come under the heading of "If you have to ask the price, you can't afford it."

Great example of a girl talking about her need for real fur and the relation with animals

I posted this separate from this thread but it fits so well here, sorry for the double post.

hawk_560
Great example of a girl talking about her need for real fur and the relation with animals

I posted this separate from this thread but it fits so well here, sorry for the double post.

I don´t know if that video isn´t a fake, but it is definitely cool.

Especially when she nearly said "I need real fur, a real animal skinned alive...I mean as long as it is real and had a good life..."

I once saw a woman on Tv who tried on a lynx coat and was asked about the animals. She answered that the animals would have a better life in her closet than in the woods. She bought the coat after that conversation.

hawk_560

This one is really nice too.

I hope you have more...

I have not read all the posts in this thread, so what I am writing may have been stated. First let me qualify my statement that I have done animal research and have been on the receiving end (indirectly) of animal rights activism. So, the problem, as I see it, is that glorifying cruelty to animals for what most consider an unnecessary extravagance simply adds fuel to the fire of the anti-fur movement, whether it is PETA or the Animal Liberation Front (ALF). I sit on the Animal Care and Use Committee at the university where I work, and we have to be VERY CAREFUL NOT to advertise animal research, even though all records are public.

I hope no one outside the Den gets a hold of this thread as it would wreak havoc on this site, as well as the fur industry in general. I for one do not want that to happen as I DO enjoy fur. When it comes to euthanizing animals, it MUST be done in a painless humane manner. At least farmed animals. Wild animals that are trapped are another issue.

A colleague of mine said something to me after I told him a story regarding animal use. I worked at a university in which chinchillas (not fur-grade) were used for hearing research. After experiments, the chinchillas are euthanized. I was talking with the animal care person, and, jokingly said that they should get fur-grade chinchillas, do the research, and then when they have to be euthanized, harvest the pelts and sell them to help offset the cost of the research. HIs response was one of nervousness! He said "Oh we could NEVER do that! Can you imagine the headline in the local paper if that was discovered?" In my mind (and his, and my current colleague's) more of the animal is being put to use (less waste). In fact we would actually SAVE animals by doing this. However THE PUBLIC sees: "University Raising Animals to Sell for Fur!" The bottom line here people is: "Perception is Reality."

Personally, I think we ought to take it down a notch as the public still isn't completely "gung-ho" with using fur.

My $0.02.

JA

White Fox

I think the key here is this. IF the discussion is totally active then it is ok. But IF the discussion is just being brought back to the top to have others see it and MAYBE post a reply, then it is probably wrong. I am sure that each and every one of us here sees that this could bring the PETA movement down on our little group, and even - as mentioned - individual furriers in general. In short, a healthy discussion can be good but we need to be very aware of the negatives as well. CruelisHot, you posted a link back. If we looked long enough there are many links back through the old posts here on this subject. Many on either side.

Let's just be careful. Post on the subject as long as there is new information, etc. Then, let it drop down the line where the enemies to the fur industry and our site will be much less likely to find it.

White Fox

Hate to post here without new info, but sure thing white fox!

I wasn't trying to needlessly revive the thread, I just had a video that I thought was more than ideal to put here.

Sorry I didn't do my due diligence and go through all the posts. I just saw the first 10 or so and thought a cautionary comment should be made.

The one thing I think I can add is that I was at a counter demonstration for an animal rights demonstration at no other than... UC Berkeley. Regardless of how we tried to use logic with the animal rights demonstrators, we couldn't win. Later I was running with a friend who was also attending. He made a very good point that I have not forgotten to this day. We are trying to argue emotion with logic. We will never win against emotion. So as much as some of us despise PETA, we have to use logic in any argument. For example animal use e category shows that less than 1% of all animal use in the U.S. is for fur. Granted this figure is old, but I am sure we could get an updated value. The point is, if we eliminate ALL fur use in the U.S., we still have about 99% of all the animals being killed (note: ~ 90+ % of animal use is for food). I wear my fur jacket to school. If any of my student say "but the poor animals..." I give them the data. They usually have no response. I also remind them of how many cows they've killed by eating hamburgers.

Onward!

JA

That's too bad you've had to deal with so many antis, but it looks like you've got the smarts to deal with them! Thanks for being understanding.

coyote 1

I really enjoyed reading the comments on this post. “Poor little rabbits?” Hardly: as noted! There is nothing callous when it comes to hastening an animal’s life to a timely end; in my opinion. People get caught up in themselves and forget that every life on this planet comes to an end including human life; “nothing but noting lives forever”. An animal in the wild will live 12 years if it’s lucky on a fur ranch a blue fox about 6 years in a pampered life; it all depends on the species. I live a mile from a goat farm. They only live 5 years. (BTW goat fur is soft and their skins (leather) are incredibly soft more so than most other leathers; if you are looking for an inexpensive fur / pelt to play with.)

I have to admit that I am merciless when it comes to sacrificing animals and depriving them of their fur coats. But like others have said, there is something that is so empowering and erotic when you know that animal’s appendage is going to take on a whole new meaning in the cycle of life. I really believe that people who wear and own fur these days do so; because they truly love fur; considering all the controversy surrounding fur. As a fur lover I do not think there is anything more tantalizing or exciting than seeing a beautiful soft fur adorning the body of some attractive individual male or female. I love watching fur flexing with someone’s every movement or watching someone caressing their fur as if that fur was a real part of their being.

"Cruel Hardly!" I carry a donor card in my wallet. What greater honor could I have in my death than to have a part of me live on as a part of another individual? Knowing that a part of me will be cherished and loved; more or less living out a second life. With that thought in mind. I often think how incredibly lucky animals are to end up in the home of some fur loving individual no matter how they are used.

What upsets me more than anything is seeing road kill or someone tossed into a wooden box and put six feet under; when a part of that living entity could have been used to enhance another person’s life. I take great heart in the thought that my eyes someday my show someone a whole new world or my kidneys may give freedom and save a life. Like the furs that fill both a void in my world when I need to stay warm, hold something and have something that I so desire I may want to poke it. Little do they know how much I appreciate and cherish them? Little will I know how much joy I may get to bring into someone’s life. Cruel? Life is cruel! In that form the very second anything is born it is facing death.

Edited by Guest