FFG down?

bazza2000

I could tell you how your beloved Cookie "acquired" FFG but I am sworn to secrecy by a very good friend of mine...

Mistress XXX

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• White Fox

• Fetish Mistress

• bazza2000

• Snake

I'm tired of seeing negativity. Cookie wasn't present and the mods couldn't do anything to update the forum and protect it from its demise. Cookie then came back and who knows what happened really. But let's not be so negative about it. If you want to be crude and childish keep it to yourselves.

Hey, if you're tired of seeing negativity, you could always, y'know, not look at this thread.

We will do and say as we please, until the mods say otherwise. Maybe it's you who should stop telling others what to do. Just a thought, lol.

They DID.

In the mean time folks, enjoy this site and post here if you wish. We are all glad to see posts here now from some very old members. If you have any suggestions on how we can improve this site to make it better for any of you who have returned until Fashion Guide comes back please let us know. This is YOUR site and not ours, so we want to create a site that everyone will enjoy. I suggest that we not have posts on this thread too negative toward the Fashion Guide Forum as they are rather down and out right now. But we WILL allow them here as we try to never erase posts from anyone, or unnecessarily chastise unless we have to. It has been mentioned many times here that each post by each member is well thought out and a "Part of their heart", so they should never be altered or disallowed unless necessary.

So, in the mean time as mentioned, enjoy our little site here. And if the staff at Fashion Guide wish to post updates here in regards to their web site they are free to do that at any time. A lot of people did place a lot of posts on that web site, and as such, it is certainly a shame to see it go down if such should be the case.

So, enjoy the Den folks while you are here. We will certainly do everything we can to make it your "Happy Place".

White Fox

So many of you ignoring that gives MizzSpark, and me, reason to not like the continuing spiteful comments.

Not that this site has to be sunshine and roses, but sites like this and FFG are places I got to get AWAY from hating on things.

I agree Jamie. I wish that we would hear from him again here too. He was an active member here for quite awhile a fair bit of time back.

Jamie, your name reminds me of another old member. Janie. Would like to hear from HER as well again too!

They DID.

So many of you ignoring that gives MizzSpark, and me, reason to not like the continuing spiteful comments.

Not that this site has to be sunshine and roses, but sites like this and FFG are places I got to get AWAY from hating on things.

Let me clarify: I'm sure that White Fox would have outright banned any discussion about FFG if it really came down to it, but any discussion about FFG is going to include negativity. That's just how it is, nothing exists in a vacuum. FFG reaped what it sowed. I myself am done with talking about FFG now, but I still think the situation is hilarious.

While I agree that the negativity in this topic is somewhat excessive, we will NOT ban people for expressing an opinion so long as they are not attacking other members.

I'm tired of seeing negativity. Cookie wasn't present and the mods couldn't do anything to update the forum and protect it from its demise. Cookie then came back and who knows what happened really. But let's not be so negative about it. If you want to be crude and childish keep it to yourselves.

2DYE4,thanks for posting on this forum,we appreciate your posts on the FFG and letting us know what is going on.

I'm not 2DYE4. Lol. Completely different people. I actually live in the Midwest of the USA.

Welcome to a site that has "Freeedom" I think we all know your not to 2DYE4... I don't think he would dare show his face here!

Mistress XXX

Dear All,

I know there are a lot of people out there have really strong emotions on the moderators/rules around the FFG. However, I take a different approach. Being someone that comes from a warmer climate there is very little chance in everyday life to express my fetish, I really appreciate a community where there were people "like me".

So I am saddened about the current situation.

One other point is that someone had gone through the picture gallery and added quite ominous pictures, with phrases like you never saw it coming and you didn't appreciate what you had etc. It leads me to the conclusion that potentially the FFG was hijacked by some kind of hacker...

Anyway thats my 2 cents

I am also disheartened by the loss of the FFG boards. I was a member here long before FFG, but something attracted me to it more than this forum after some time. That was content. The FFG board contained far more content than The Fur Den and had new content added on a far more regular basis. I found the members made more of an effort to find undiscovered existing content and to create new content. At first this was just a select few members, but over time, many more have participated. Myself included.

As was previously mentioned in the last post, some weird memes and compositions have been added to the FFG photo galleries. One of these has a caption mentioning NTC web. This immediately alarms me. NTC was something often spoken about on this forum in the early days. The only people I know online who know of NTC are numerous den members and only a few FFG members. I'm alarmed because this indicates, to me, the possibility that a member of the den who has a history (and a spiteful one at that) with FFG is up to no good. I'm not making accusations because it's the only evidence I have, but the mention of NTC clearly shows that someone who has been a part of this community for a long time has some sort of knowledge of what's going on or even involvement. If any of the veterans from way back in the early days can speak to this I would be very interested to hear their thoughts.

While I agree that the negativity in this topic is somewhat excessive, we will NOT ban people for expressing an opinion so long as they are not attacking other members.

This. This is why I respect, and have always respected the fur den, and it's mods.

i my self have been a member of ffg for a long time i think its sad that is gone like the other fur sites of old like furlover,fur collection board and others but what killed it off was years ago you could access the x fur coat pictures this stopped what lost members and the split with dragon and cookie these factors have led to the state of the site now.

In my opinion, banning is a failure to communicate and should only be used as a last resort.

In ANY forum or on-line community, it is the staff's responsibility to communicate with the respected members. 90% of all problems can usually be resolved simply by talking to people. If you are banning, you are not communicating.

In all of the time I have been at the Fur Den, only a handful of accounts have been banned and it was only done with much deliberation and only as a last resort. Even then, except for spambot registrations and obvious trolls, virtually everybody who has been banned is welcome back.

I am only human but I try very hard to avoid carrying grudges.

In my opinion, banning is a failure to communicate and should only be used as a last resort.

In ANY forum or on-line community, it is the staff's responsibility to communicate with the respected members. 90% of all problems can usually be resolved simply by talking to people. If you are banning, you are not communicating.

In all of the time I have been at the Fur Den, only a handful of accounts have been banned and it was only done with much deliberation and only as a last resort. Even then, except for spambot registrations and obvious trolls, virtually everybody who has been banned is welcome back.

I am only human but I try very hard to avoid carrying grudges.

I've been around since the NTCWEB days. I agree that not too many have ever gotten banned, especially here.

I was banned for using profanity when linking up to an XXX fur scene clip somewhere online. I was informed that that was against the rules and I was banned a week. I asked how I could possibly mention what they were doing in the fur scene without using profanity and I was given a 2 week ban. Then it became a sudden 1 month ban because the mod said he didn't want me questioning the rules. He told me if I spoke out again I would receive a permanent ban.

My opinion? Let the place go down in flames....

Sorry but I've got to rant...

Authority unquestioned is nothing more than autocracy.

Not only do I believe it is right to question authority, I believe it SHOULD be questioned.

Whether or not you believe that hosting a website is for the benefit of the membership, you can not deny that a person creates a website in order to attract people to become members. If you do not receive some form of feedback from your members, you can not serve your membership as a whole. If you are not listening to... communicating with... members, you can not grow a website.

While the idea of listening to criticism is important, it should not be taken too far or else a site will fall into disarray. To use a figure of speech, the inmates run the asylum. There is a balance. Even if the subject of criticism is in disagreement, it should be, at least, considered.

Stifling criticism and lack of communication are, in my opinion, things that go against the very reason to host a website in the first place.

I agree with you, punisherthunder. A website that acts the way you describe should go down in flames.

... rant over...

1. Dapple. I am not sure who you are referring to here who has a revengeful attitude toward FFG. One of the ONLY things that would ever get anyone into huge trouble here would be exactly that. And EVERY staff member here I can assure you believes the same. There have been some rumours but every one that I know of is untrue.

2, Punisherthunder. One thing I can assure you is that I myself would NEVER do what you describe immediately above. First off, you would get a warning. Secondly, if you felt you were treated unfairly we have a forum that is always unused, that we can open up to allow you to speak to us in total privacy so that we can come up with a suitable conclusion if at all possible. We would never ban anyone for wanting to talk. Talk is what solves any problem! Not silence. Even moderators would not be able to see that forum if a person did not want them to.

And lastly All...

3. It may surprise some but I am sorry to see FFG go down like that too. I am thinking that they are allowing the Gallery to stay so people can save photographs from it and I am hoping that follks are doing exactly that. There was humongous information went down with that site if that is in fact what is happening. A Huge photograph display. So much digital material. So many friendships broken up. I don't imagine anyone is happy to see that go in the long run. I am sure that none of our staff are.

4. Moderators and staff from FFG will certainly be allowed to take part here. Maybe they will. Maybe they won't. But they are certainly welcome to if they wish and if they abide by the rules and don't try to force issues through habit. In fact I would like to see some of them come here to post again.

I don't know if FFG form will be back. At first I thought it would be for sure. But being so long with no changes, I am now a bit more uncomfortable though I still hope that it will be. All I can say to them is "Good Luck, we are cheering for you!"

Just wanted to explain some things here. As mentioned, we will certainly not give people problems with this thread so long as it remains respectful to individuals. But I am glad to see some positive comments toward FFG as well as the negative ones. As to NTC, that is simply so far back that no one really will remember it so no use commenting.

Thanks all.

I never had a problem conforming to the rules of the FFG (Everyone runs their site differently. Love or hate it, who am I to question!)

I keep glancing at the site and I have to admit, whoever keeps adding the pictures (You are about to find out what you lost! etc.) Seems to be suffering from a bad diet of sour-grapes.

Regular users of the site knew that given the events of the past few months, the site was on borrowed time. They may have needed money to keep the site up, but nobody is going to finance something that clearly was unfortunately running on borrowed time. If that is not the reason, surely a little explanation can clear things up.

They, certainly for me, have tarnished the sites reputation with those pictures.

Cookie had personal issues, and for those I wish him well. Nobody really knows what they were, and they are for him alone to sort out.

But surely the other Mods could have accepted what was happening, and at least said 'We've had a good run, but due to the circumstances, it seems we can no longer control the fate of the site. Thank you for the support over the years.' Rather than apparently blaming the fans for not wanting to plough their hard earned cash into a failing site.

Even if the posts are referring to what they may view as being stabbed in the back and kicked while they are down by former FFG users, people in power will always have criticisers, and character is shown by how criticism is dealt with. (In this instance, not well at all!)

I for one would like to thank the Mods of the Fur Den for their willingness to accept us FFG 'refugees' with open and non-judgemental arms. I have had a couple of on-going stories in the FFG, and hope that I can keep them going here.

The Fur Den has been a bit slow recently, but I'm sure that things are about to get a lot busier!

I'm sorry to see the end of the FFG, but the more relaxed approach of Mods here, gives me hope for the future of the fur loving community.

I never had a problem conforming to the rules of the FFG (Everyone runs their site differently. Love or hate it, who am I to question!)

I keep glancing at the site and I have to admit, whoever keeps adding the pictures (You are about to find out what you lost! etc.) Seems to be suffering from a bad diet of sour-grapes.

Regular users of the site knew that given the events of the past few months, the site was on borrowed time. They may have needed money to keep the site up, but nobody is going to finance something that clearly was unfortunately running on borrowed time. If that is not the reason, surely a little explanation can clear things up.

They, certainly for me, have tarnished the sites reputation with those pictures.

Cookie had personal issues, and for those I wish him well. Nobody really knows what they were, and they are for him alone to sort out.

But surely the other Mods could have accepted what was happening, and at least said 'We've had a good run, but due to the circumstances, it seems we can no longer control the fate of the site. Thank you for the support over the years.' Rather than apparently blaming the fans for not wanting to plough their hard earned cash into a failing site.

Even if the posts are referring to what they may view as being stabbed in the back and kicked while they are down by former FFG users, people in power will always have criticisers, and character is shown by how criticism is dealt with. (In this instance, not well at all!)

I for one would like to thank the Mods of the Fur Den for their willingness to accept us FFG 'refugees' with open and non-judgemental arms. I have had a couple of on-going stories in the FFG, and hope that I can keep them going here.

The Fur Den has been a bit slow recently, but I'm sure that things are about to get a lot busier!

I'm sorry to see the end of the FFG, but the more relaxed approach of Mods here, gives me hope for the future of the fur loving community.

I would like to echo everything Coyote said. Especially regarding those who posted the memes in the gallery. That kind of behavior is obnoxious and a poor send off for FFG.

Well ffg is permanetly gone am glad i got to join this site and hopes that this site sees lots of growth from ffg people Only sad comment that it took 5 days to get a confirmation e mail to activate my account but am here now and hope see alot growth her Farewell ffg hello fur den Am also glad to see brooke here since she was banned from ffg and all her sexy films have subscribed to her site and wow is awesome Only thing i never seen there is her using that beautiful red fox fur coat not the bright red dyed one the real one

From my own experience with FFG and hearing from others, it's no loss I can't access it. There's plenty more sites to choose from. With better communities too

Worker 11811 & White Fox, I've been around a long time to know that it isn't in your character or moral compass to act like the mods at FFG. Your constitution and dedication to keeping the Fur Den up is why I have recommended it over FFG to any fur lover I've met over the past few years.

Coyote: It's ironic you refer to FFG members as refugees. Shortly after FFG opened there was a flood of Den members who joined and we referred to them as refugees. The main reason for the original exodus being that sexual content in the den had faced some opposition. More conservative Den members made efforts to sway the forum's attention away from the sexual aspect of the fetish we all share. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but FrBrGr himself once stated that he was more willing to support the activities at FFG over those here at the Den because he had originally started the Melody O'hair fur forum to celebrate the sexual enjoyment of fur, or something to that effect. My only hopes now are that the active members of FFG can help re-integrate this aspect back into the den. This is where I first discovered others who have the same passion as myself. I would hate for it to remain in it's semi-stagnant state, even with an influx of new members.