Fur Fashion Guide being discontinued ???

itsend

From the old days of Frank @ NTCWEB, to Melody O'hair, to what the Fur Den is now, I must say this is the better run forum site.

That situation at FFG is a cluster****. Supposedly the site is paid for through December 31, 2014, but with so much garbage in and out with the

crazy postings, whose to say it will happen. All I can say is that if Cookie sold the furs off, then he's probably giving up for good. Like many in this thread

I commented on it and immediately got a message from pseudo Gestapo mod -2DYE4. He let me know that I was going to start a panic and wanted me to

keep my thoughts to myself. He also threatened to post my private info on the site too, isn't that cute of him....

Fur Den and even Matt's Fourrure Club are of higher quality and the better run forum. All I can say is please don't let 2DYE4 become a mod here ever.

WhiteFox, AKCoyote, Lynxette, whoever else I leave out....they all do a helluva job. " title="Applause" />

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neoJaguar

• White Fox

• Fetish Mistress

• TiffanyFox

No, the moderator mentinoned will never become a moderator here. His methods are just different from ours here. I will not say if they are better or worse as you people are the only ones who can say that. But they would not work here. He would agree I am sure. It is just that you need people on staff who work in similar ways, and the ways that he works are simply different from ours so we would never work out, working together. He would agree totally!

***As for this site's destruction time. We only have until mid August to gain the funds that we need to save it. I am certainly HOPING that more folks will donate to help us out. We are very desperate at the moment, as we do have a few options if we do not get the funds like destroying our Gallery, or putting on a whole host of advertisements, or renewing for one year only which means we have to raise far more next year.

We are still hoping that members here will come through with the funds needed to help get us through. If not the most attractive option may well be to take down the site but we will have to decide that in probably 60 days or a bit less. IF we cannot keep the site going though, most all of the money will be returned to those who gave it. NONE of it will stay in our hands.

In short. You can help this site by donating the price of only one SMALL cup of coffee per week. It will mean so much to everyone if you could afford that!

Neo you are right in regards to our leaders. Two administrators here are now taking chemo after complicated hospital stays. And another had difficult problems at home to deal with. So, it is hard for us to come as often as we should. But we also realize that folks on this site tend to keep it "Tidy" anyhow. And that is a real tribute to everyone here!

White Fox

I don't mean to escalate the FFG thing here but I have to post this. The booted one has has taken exception to a post here and promised the poster with banishment.

"I Am the Very Model of a Modern Major General"

I know we're being trash-talked all over the fur-fetish web, and if you don't like me or the other mods that's just fine: at least keep your trash-talk factual.

Well if he didn't spend his time posturing about like some jackboot megalomaniac there wouldn't be any trash talk about him or the site at all.

2DYE4? I've often wondered about that. Did you mean 2DIE4 and couldn't spell it or do you really mean to change colour frequently. Actually you are probably right considering he apoplexy you seem to be suffering right now.

I like you. He also mentioned someone said he was like a nazi - which would've been me, but I didn't say that... I said he was attempting to act like a dictator... which he is.

I hardly think a site that is proposing a major refurb and re installation of updated software is going to close its doors in August, why go to all the trouble? But a forum begging for donations to stay alive sounds almost as precarious as FFG.

I'd agree, but I don't understand where the major cost is in this... aside from hosting fees - phpBB is free software. Space for the gallery which could be moved to a flickr type deal since it's old photos anyhow. There's ways around it, but either way the site needs a major update to be up to par with FFG's type boards.

Fourrure Club is great too, but I only speak bad english... The translators there aren't 100% either. So we're left with this forum that isn't ruled by someone attempting to compensate for something.

The major cost is hosting fees. Having a dedicated server to allow enough disk space for image galleries ups the costs considerably. Our last renewal 2 years ago pretty much depleted the treasury. And we neglected to ask for more donations until rather recently.

Now we face the situation of needing to update the server software (OS) at the same time that we need to renew the hosting contract.

The major cost is hosting fees. Having a dedicated server to allow enough disk space for image galleries ups the costs considerably. Our last renewal 2 years ago pretty much depleted the treasury. And we neglected to ask for more donations until rather recently.

Now we face the situation of needing to update the server software (OS) at the same time that we need to renew the hosting contract.

May want to consider another host, and maybe moving the gallery since it doesn't seem to be updated regularly. Either way - I'm down to help as much as I can.

One thing we try to consider is that with a "Flickr type storage" for photographs is that first off, we lose control over our Gallery contents. i.e. if they suddenly tell us that they are changing policy in a month or going down in such time or other similar issues then we have no options left to save all of the photographs.

HOWEVER! We are Certainly open to more and different options in regards to the Gallery storage, etc. You are correct that we need to keep considering how to work our site. How to make backups more viable. All kinds of different options here. We are always looking for suggestions on how to improve our little site here. It is by no means sacred in it's set up and by no means cast in stone. We love to hear other suggestions. You will not be downgraded in any way for making suggestions. We love to have such!

I'll look into different options.. I don't know what you guys have now, but I'm sure there's an easier way, and more efficient way to do this.