Fur Fashion Guide being discontinued ???

itsend

I still say this place needs to get more 18+ I mean Jesus I have seen more blatant stuff on face book, I think you too clinical...

Mistress

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neoJaguar

• White Fox

• Fetish Mistress

• TiffanyFox

Brooke and All

We can do much more of that in our "Freaks forum". If you would like to liven that up a bit let me know. It just needs an injection of more posts from new members to get it going again better.

Let me know if you are interested and I can make you a member. Since "Young prying eyes" and those of others from our server can't see it then, you are free to post much more "loose material" there for folks to see.

Yes I will give it a go to liven things up... Come on Guys lets all do it and get going...

Mistress

OK Brooke. I think that I did my homework right and if I did, You are in...

Normally we have conditions to enter as stated in the forum but we will lower those way down for awhile now to try to get this going. Juts give me a PM to tell me you want in and why and you are in. We just need to know that you are not too young etc. If we get a message about entering that will give us a possible idea that you are not just a very young kid or if we know you, you are in, no matter how many messages you have posted here.

I'd like access to the Fur Freaks forum. I've been a member here for a while, as well as at FFG. Kind of agree about the mod over there, lol.

Speaking from my previous experience, that forum is in its death throes. I was a member of another discussion board several years ago - a Craig Ferguson fansite, of all things (hey, I was 15!) - which went through this exact process except in its case the founder/main mod was the one who went eccentric and started policing too much. When people started calling her out on her nonsense, such as playing favorites about with whom she enforced the rules more strictly, she announced she was packing up her toys and going home (no longer would pay to keep the site up). And that site didn't even have a pay section. I am watching a similar process unfold at Fur Fashion Guide.

It really is sad that the mods, and by mods I mean one guy in particular, takes the internet way too seriously. It's like he's compensating for something, lol.

It really is sad that the mods, and by mods I mean one guy in particular, takes the internet way too seriously. It's like he's compensating for something, lol.

2dye4 tries to play god on the forum, and he's not very good at it. He finally banned me because I guess I finally finished pissing him off. Oh boy, you banned me! I can't talk on the website with anyone anymore! Not that half that community had a brain, or knew any other words than fur. You can be banned, and still access all the content... so big whoop. If they think beautifulfurs' website is going to be the next thing then they have another thing coming. His site is awful... Old homestead.com style, but worse.

I've had my moan at being banned there, but as neoJaguar says it's no great loss. Sticky furniture and hose down surfaces aren't really my scene. But as promised in an early posting I've revived my old forum and it is live now. It's running behind schedule, builders are still in, decorators still painting and it's a little sparse but there are free drinks and a buffet.

Sign me up for the buffet!

That 2DYE4 is an absolute Prick and always has been and never done Cookie any good... God love him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mistress

I'm another who has migrated from over there to here. Agree with the sentiments expressed-FFG has become far too policed, disagree with anyone or dare to have a differing opinion and it's thread/post deletion. Woe betide if you cross any of the favoured few posters......

Anyway this is my first post here. Hello!

Welcome to the Den UK! Great to have new members here at any time as I notice this is your first post. We often don't notice the first posts by members but it is always so great to see new members posting. We hope you find this a great place to just sit and relax and enjoy and "Take Your Shoes Off".

[quote name="bazza2000"

Please do not let any of the moderators over there destroy here' date='and as for the beautiful furs site as a replacement,not into trannies thanx.

Anyway,here is better![/quote]

The trannies here aren't into you either.

Bazza and All

First off Bazza... I just wanted to say "Welcome to the Den here" to You as well! We as staff really hope that you enjoy it here. We appreciate the fact that you wish to have more input and we try our best to allow you to do that in every way here. We really hope that You do love it here. If You have any suggestions at all about this site, we hope that you will post them or let us know about them as that is the only way that we can improve this place!

Secondly a note to all... We do allow messages about other sites, and allow you to post with out hassles as best we can whether those messages be congratulating other sites on a job very well done or messages about a problem there. However, we as staff will NOT take part in posts about these other sites. We hope that you understand. It is just not within our mandate as staff members to do that. We just want to let you know where We and You stand on this subject. These messages above are coming from the heart of each of you and thus should be allowed. Each of you took the time to write them and think about them and we should try to never delete any personal messages if we can avoid it at all be they positive or negative even if they be about THIS site! But it is not in our interest as staff to take part in these situations especially if the comments tend to be negative.

Thanks all. Hope you understand.

White Fox

The trannies here aren't into you either.

Hope I'm your type then - I've been your fan for years Along with a few others...

Anyway - My ban said something along the lines of "you wanted to be banned - so here you go" because we were going back, and forth in a PM about how I think he's a moron basically.

Once the furden get's a needed facelift (in my opinion) this site will surely grow in numbers. As much as I hate to say it - it needs to somewhat look like FFG as far as the forum structure goes, but cannot do so until the server OS gets updated to where phpbb can be updated.

I'm so ready to help out with that Akcoyote!!!

Edited by Guest

Even after I point it out, the moderator here ignores the derogatory slur against transgender people, and instead welcomes the poster with open arms?

No worries, name-calling is nothing new for transgender people. I'm just glad I had not yet made a financial contribution to this site.

Even after I point it out, the moderator here ignores the derogatory slur against transgender people, and instead welcomes the poster with open arms?

No worries, name-calling is nothing new for transgender people. I'm just glad I had not yet made a financial contribution to this site.

I'm not sure where he 'slurred' you. He said he's not into trannies.. A lot of people aren't, but that's definitely not slurring them, or being derogatory. As a fan of trannies, I don't think BFs website would be a good place to go to either because it is tranny related. You'd lose a lot of members in the process just because they aren't into it.

He edited his comment anyway - I wouldn't get upset for one persons comment, and blame the mods over one person's opinion, but that's just MY opinion.

You're right, I see the post has been edited.

"Tranny" is a word that is mostly used as a slur, in a derogatory and disdainful way. Unfortunately, like many other slang words (n-word), it's often used by people in that group when they talk to each other.

If the site being referred to was a site known as a place for gay men in fur, and the poster wrote 'not into fags, thanks', it would be considered an obvious slur.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tranny_(slang)

Tranny is a slur? Really? I use it all the time, and I'm not transphobic at all. Damn, learn something new everyday I guess!

Choke it back Tiff, fight another day. There is no support coming from the The Leader here or his team that toe the line. Been there, done that.

The pity of the matter is that for the first time two groups with a united purpose can come together and grow and all it takes is one apparently transphobic new member to turn people against each other. Perhaps he's a crumb off the same biscuit or a Katja clone.

I'm no-one to start a fight. On this discussion point I'm 100% happy to say 'honest mistake, edit made, information distributed, light shed.'

Context is always key. Snake and NeoJaguar don't mean harm when they use the term, but now maybe they might examine it a bit closer. In the original post the term was clearly used in a negative way. Talking trash about FFG/2DYE4--that's what the thread is about. But throw transgenders under the bus for no reason? (and in the same paragraph complain at being removed from the other forum for hate-speak? jeez)

The other insinuation in the original post is another absurd long-standing notion that trans people (crossdressers, transvestites, whatever) are sex-starved, desperate and trying to "trick" males into thinking they are genetic females.......seriously, get a fucking grip.

Interestingly, every time I try type the word 'transgenders' on this message board, it insists that it is a typo and tries to force it to 'transponders'.

Edited by Guest

Choke it back Tiff, fight another day. There is no support coming from the The Leader here or his team that toe the line. Been there, done that.

The pity of the matter is that for the first time two groups with a united purpose can come together and grow and all it takes is one apparently transphobic new member to turn people against each other. Perhaps he's a crumb off the same biscuit or a Katja clone.

I'm no-one to start a fight. On this discussion point I'm 100% happy to say 'honest mistake, edit made, information distributed, light shed.'

Context is always key. Snake and NeoJaguar don't mean harm when they use the term, but now maybe they might examine it a bit closer. In the original post the term was clearly used in a negative way. Talking trash about FFG/2DYE4--that's what the thread is about. But throw transgenders under the bus for no reason? (and in the same paragraph complain at being removed from the other forum for hate-speak? jeez)

The other insinuation in the original post is another absurd long-standing notion that trans people (crossdressers, transvestites, whatever) are sex-starved, desperate and trying to "trick" males into thinking they are genetic females.......seriously, get a f*ck grip. I'd tell you about my sex life, but 1.) you wouldn't believe me and 2.)it's none of your goddamn business.

Interestingly, every time I try type the word 'transgenders' on this message board, it insists that it is a typo and tries to force it to 'transponders'.

I honestly didn't know 'tranny' was a slur, or any form of bad. I'm personally an off/on CD, and I didn't see the harm in it. I know now, and knowing is half the battle so I apologize. Saying they were 'thrown under the bus' is a bit much, but again that's my opinion, and this is the internet so I don't care how my opinion is viewed. You're trying to condemn an entire website for one persons view that he edited out once he figured out it was bad (i assume).

If you're typing from anything other than a computer - it will try to autocorrect you. Phones/tablets aren't exactly up to date on the LGBT dictionary. I know my iPhone certainly isn't.

As far as the leaders not stepping in - the few that are around right now are very ill, and haven't spent a lot of time on here due to being in, and out of the hospital. So don't blame them - they physically can't sit here all day, and be the fixall. Someone said something that they didn't know much about (myself included), and it got resolved. Not everything needs a moderator, or a leader of a site to step in to take care of.

I think everyone needs to relax - realize this is the internet, and the world isn't perfect so don't expect it to be.

So again - I apologize with my version of it.

While we encourage open discussion here, I think more than enough has been said about what was interpreted as a slur. The "word" also has a totally non-slur common interpretation as slang for a power transmission device. Apologies have been issued.

Let's drop it and get back to a more civil discussion.

Enough said.