top two favorite furs

Guest freemetolovefur

This is a hard question to an answer; nevertheless at this point in time I would have to say it's>>>

1> Coyote

2> Polar Raccoon

It would be eaiser for me to acknowledge the two furs I like the least.

• Like 1

In my experience fisher is a great fur, not coarse at all. They say "fisher is poor man's sable" for a reason. And it looks gorgeous on men, which is a big plus:)

As has been stated previously in other topics, the texture (coarseness / softness) of pelts can vary widely within a specie. This is frequently related to what is considered the quality of pelts.

I love fisher coats too, just don't have one. Fisher is in the Marten family (largest Marten), I have a Marten 3 Full Pelt Head Tail Wrap Stole Boa. I wear it once in a while with my mink coat.

1. Chinchilla because it is so soft. We all know it isn't practical.

2. Blue fox, soft, thick and long what more could one ask for? No yellowing I suppose.

Not sure I'd wear either in a coat. The fox would just be too full, the chinchilla a bit gaudy, a jacket sure, not a (full length) coat. Just too much for a man in my opinion.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

it seems the fox is one of the favourite. Yes, a blue fox is very soft and I love the feel of it. Even some of the silver foxes are soft and look powerful. Not sure why you hate fur... the question was what is your favourite one!

for me!

blue fox

blackglama mink

"Freemetolovefur" mentioned sea otter. It is my understanding that sea otter is totally protected. Years ago, it almost became extinct thanks to the Russians who owned Alaska prior to 1867. The sea otter is not to be confused with the river otter which is not protected, the latter being a favourite for men's fur coats. Apparently sea otters are now quite abundant.