The Art of Fur: The Making of a Fur Coat

Guest CAPITALISTIC BLONDE

The Art of Fur: The Making of a Fur Coat

- I found this the other day and really enjoyed it. I love the thought that each fur coat is custom made by hand, so exquisite ♥

That is indeed a FANTASTIC video! Would be great to post in our links section.

If you would like me to do that let me know but always nice if members get to know that area too.

I really liked the "Class" of it. Explains the whole process so nicely in such a short time. And yet in a very down to earth way!

Really good video! As much as I love fur, I don't think I truly appreciated all the workmanship that goes into making a coat. The video does a remarkable job of showing us just how much labor is required.

FLinFL

The cost of pelts as the raw materials that go into a fur coat are important but it's the amount of labor needed to put it all together coupled with the expertise and know-how necessary to even begin the work which really drive the cost of producing a fur.

I bet more than half the cost of a fur (manufacturer's cost) is from labor and craftsmanship.

I know several Teddy Bear makers who occasionally try to make Bears from fur. People are always surprised when they find out just how much work there is... Even from a person who is used to working and sewing fabric.

Yes I really love it! It really makes you realize just how much of an art form and how much labor goes into the making of each and every fur item. Each piece is unique and not another like it in existence! I would love if you could add it to the links section White Fox - I still am unable to log into the wiki, I reset my password for the forum even and it will not log in still! So please, if you don't mind, I would love it if you could add it to the links area

I still am unable to log into the wiki, I reset my password for the forum even and it will not log in still! So please, if you don't mind, I would love it if you could add it to the links area

The log-in for the wiki part of the Den is "caps sensitive." You have to type your username/password EXACTLY as you originally entered, including capitals.

I can type my username for the main part of the forums in capitals or lower case. The system doesn't care. But, in the wiki, I have to type my username "Worker 11811" and not "worker 11811" or else it won't work.

Even I get tripped up in this, some times. It's easy to forget, especially when you get in the habit of doing it another way.

I still can't get in! I have my username/password set to remember, and when it tries to log in with those credentials, it just kind of sits there after.. no error message, no logging in. It sort of refreshes the page, but that's it.

CB,

As Worker stated, the wiki uses the Den board's database for authentication and is fussy about the ID and password being capitalized EXACTLY as they are recorded in that database. Also cookies and javascript must be enabled for the "vdsden.thefurden.com" domain for a login to be successful.

Sometimes clearing your browser's cache before attempting to access the site can help with such problems.

Cap Blonde...

I just tried the wiki and I got in ok as a member who is not an ADministrator.

What I could do is to change your password. Notify you what the new one is going to be before I change it. Then we are beginning again. I can then log in under your name just to make sure that the wiki edit works for me. Once I confirm that, then we can make certain that it works for you. And lastly you could change your password back to something that I do not know again. That way you will not be giving me your password! This will allow us to confirm every step of the way. I've never really found wiki not to work on any computer. Even old ones. But that is remotely possible I guess though too. This should allow us to find out what really is going on. If you would like to try that let me know.

W

This topic has gotten very off-topic.

Just for the record, the problem has been resolved and was a misunderstanding.

Such issues of accessibility should generally be raised in The Information Zone forum which was setup for that purpose and other inquires to our staff.