It Was Great While It Lasted . . .

FrBrGr

After several nights of near-zero degree weather in my furry cocoon, I see that the temps this coming week will get into the fifties. If that groundhog was right, we may have seen the last of winter . . .

Speak for yourself!

You should move up closer to Canada.

Up here in Québec, it is far from being over. In the last 2 weeks we receive so much snow!

So at least for me, my fur cocoon is well in place and is not gonna move for at least an other month!

Try to imagine what it could be and stay in it FrBrGr.

And the statistic have proven wrong the groundhog. I think it was right only 40% of the time since 1929. I sure hope for you it is wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

In the Rockies it is common to get snow as late as June in the mountains. In fact, in 2007 I posted some pics that I took of me standing in 6 inches of snow on June 8th. I've even seen it snow down to the 6000 foot level on the 4th of July.

FurBob

Well, well, well - ! Maybe Momma Nature isn't through with us yet! Eight inches of her snowy mantle here in the Pittsburgh area, at least where I hang out, and a low predicted for tonight of 18 (F). A cause for celebration - The fur cocoon makes one more appearance! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to bed and . . .

In these parts, we don't even THINK about spring until St. Paddy's Day. I don't care what that groundhog says! Even then, hope as you may, you still can't count on spring until Easter.

When I was a kid, I remember it snowed in June! I sh*t you not!

I love the cold! As you noted winter returned and we had an overnight dump of close to 6 inches here in western MD. I put on my coyote stroller, went out and shoveled the driveway first thing this morning. I love working up a good sweat inside that old boy. This I am afraid is going to be his last winter he is getting dried out and fragile. I hate it when one of my fur partners ages out and comes to an end.

Speaking of Quebec; once again De Carnival brought out the fur. I stayed in Le Chateau Frontenac and there were a lot of men and women wearing fur as always. I love it when the temperature hits 30 below in that city and the wind gusts. I put on my uggs, coyote fur gators, a sheared beaver vest, black bear gloves (lined in sheared raccoon) and finally my lynx coat.

While we were there we went out every night for dinner and one night my partner noted that there were a number of couples around us in fur (sable, fox, and mink just to name a few). When we got to the coat room I slide my fur off and handed it to a young guy in the window. He took it in hand put it on a hanger and run his hand down its back. He looked at me smiled and said, “This is really soft and beautiful.” Half way through dinner; I said to my partner, I have read stories about people having their way with fur in a coat room such as that. His comment about my lynx startled me; I went on to say. Then my partner said, "Did you notice all the upscale and fine furs in that room. Let’s face it; if it was one of us surrounded by all that those furs the sable would be the target. That fur was on the back of a rather large woman, let alone the fact that it was to long for her. Did you see how dirty it was along the bottom? That is the kind of person how buys fur just for the bragging rights; simply too much money and no respect for a stunning fur coat. That coat was crying out for some TLC and I hope that coat room guy gave it some." I laughed out loud and said, “You are right you could have easily left quite a mess in that thick full fur along the bottom and she would never notice it. We both laughed and finished our dinner.

• Like 1

First, how are the reactions to you wearing a lynx. That's not a common fur for a guy.. though if the reactions are anything like I have experienced recently , they range from total indifference to envy. Not a negative comment amongst them..

And secondly, I wouldn't trust ANY guy in a coat room with furs... we know better. I know I couldn't be trusted.

Hi

in response:

My Lynx from the word go is my baby. It is an unusual coat in how I acquired it. I watched and cared for the lynx as they grew up on a farm. We got to know one another on a personal basis. When the time came I helped to accrue and dress the 8 pelts I needed. Then I worked with a friend in reconstructing their skins to fit and become my new skin. They were designed in the shape of a ¾ stroller with these features to fashion them into a manlier looking jacket. The bottom has a drawstring; the cuffs and zipper are finished with beige leather protruding from the fur. It also has a split fur hood lynx on both sides with a silver fox ruff. Because these guys have so graciously given me so much emotional and physical pleasure; when I pass its stated that I am to be cremated wearing my lynx. This may sound demented to some, oh well!

The range of comments as you stated; have been from envy to indifference. A lot of people have asked to feel/pet my lynx. I will encourage them to touch it perhaps a new fur lover will emerge from the experience. I have had only one confrontation so far and it took place overseas. I was exiting a hotel in France when a twenty some thing young man; yelled out hey look at “sasquatch” (I stand 6’2” 240lbs.). I have to note that he was an American and I would expect nothing less from one of our well educated countrymen.

You are so correct after reading all the fur blogs. My baby no longer leaves my side when I am out. LOL

• 9 years later...
On 3/6/2011 at 3:07 PM, coyote 1 said:

Hi

in response:

My Lynx from the word go is my baby. It is an unusual coat in how I acquired it. I watched and cared for the lynx as they grew up on a farm. We got to know one another on a personal basis. When the time came I helped to accrue and dress the 8 pelts I needed. Then I worked with a friend in reconstructing their skins to fit and become my new skin. They were designed in the shape of a ¾ stroller with these features to fashion them into a manlier looking jacket. The bottom has a drawstring; the cuffs and zipper are finished with beige leather protruding from the fur. It also has a split fur hood lynx on both sides with a silver fox ruff. Because these guys have so graciously given me so much emotional and physical pleasure; when I pass its stated that I am to be cremated wearing my lynx. This may sound demented to some, oh well!

The range of comments as you stated; have been from envy to indifference. A lot of people have asked to feel/pet my lynx. I will encourage them to touch it perhaps a new fur lover will emerge from the experience. I have had only one confrontation so far and it took place overseas. I was exiting a hotel in France when a twenty some thing young man; yelled out hey look at “sasquatch” (I stand 6’2” 240lbs.). I have to note that he was an American and I would expect nothing less from one of our well educated countrymen.

You are so correct after reading all the fur blogs. My baby no longer leaves my side when I am out. LOL

That's beautiful. I'd like to know more about these lynx who became your coat.