Back from ITALY

auzmink

WOW, just back from 3 weeks skiing. Just a quick update for all those planning a trip to Europe:

Meribel: a few lovely mink coats, we particularly liked the reversible style coats suggesting the wonderful lining inside. However - only a hint of furs compared to....

Courmayeur: Amazing!!!!! Everywhere, everyday all types! For example, all the collars and hood edgings are real fur. Long black minks parading around the base ski slope stations. Blue fox jackets around (sorry Mr B but few BIG foxes) In town, on a Saturday morning, short sable jackets, full length lynxs, mink everywhere, odd racoon, german sables, odd silver foxes, etc, etc, etc

Small town Italy - went shopping to a local town, almost came back with a black mink jacket greatly reduced - oh how close it was!!!!

Turin - Ok it was the olympics, but via Roma had hundreds of coats. A complete feast for the eyes.

I am already planning a return Italy trip with a bigger credit card option.

Auzmink

PS great to see the new forum..[/b]

HMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm methinks that my three weeks would have been spent fur gazing *grin* (dicky knees... ah the joys of rugby)

Funny, I thought that february was the time that the Italians hit the slopes... and avenues in their furs. Well, sounds like that was the case in Roma, anyways*grin* Pity no decent full bodied blue foxes, but am sure that I would have found other furs to keep me interested.... no doubt WEG

What would a high quality mink cost in Italy? In GBP or USD? In the USA, a high-quality female mink coat can be had for $4,500 or so in the February clearances.

Foxfan,

The dense almost 3/4 length modern styled black female mink jacket was down to 4000Euros!!

I almost about to cry again at the thought of leaving it there........

Auzmink

• Haha 1