? For The Few, The Proud ... The Fur Wearing Male Denizens

JGalanos

This question occurred to me when someone asked me what else I wear during my fur swathed visits to the theater, etc. My response was that I tend to dress pretty conservatively ... Probably the most remarkable things being my furs and shoes (no, I don't sport Manolo Blahniks, but I do own some distinctive footwear).

Today would be fairly typical me ... I wore a nice patterned polo shirt, khaki pants, and an interesting pair of Kenneth Cole shoes. I think my shoes and furs reflect the "fun" and "kindawild" side of my personality.

What about the rest of you fur wearing gentlemen? Where do you fall on the conservative --> outrageous dress scale?

I dress conservatively when I wear fur, but with a twist, perhaps. I love to wear velvet, and my favourite combination is a two- or three-piece velvet suit (a "Tuxedo" to you guys over there?) with a fur coat. I find that the sensual feel of velvet is akin to that of fur, and the two make a delicious combination.

What I wear with my fur(s) depends on the task or activity at hand. For example, if I'm clearing the deck of snow - yes, I wear a fur parka to do that - It's ratty fleece-lined jeans, a hooded running jacket, and Bean boots. For work, it's typically business casual with a sweater, fur to match.

Generally what I wear fits what I am doing.

I love to wear velvet, and my favourite combination is a two- or three-piece velvet suit (a "Tuxedo" to you guys over there?) with a fur coat. I find that the sensual feel of velvet is akin to that of fur, and the two make a delicious combination.

Interesting combination. Curious, what color is the velvet suit (or are the suits if more than one)? And what fur(s) do you wear with it/them?

Last season I loved wearing jeans tucked into my Ugg shearling boots with my fisher coat. Kinda upscale casual.

I love to wear velvet, and my favourite combination is a two- or three-piece velvet suit (a "Tuxedo" to you guys over there?) with a fur coat. I find that the sensual feel of velvet is akin to that of fur, and the two make a delicious combination.

Interesting combination. Curious, what color is the velvet suit (or are the suits if more than one)? And what fur(s) do you wear with it/them?

I have a very large collection of velvet suits - in brown, bottle green, black, navy blue, midnight blue, dark plum, purple (i.e. dark colours) ...

Most of my furs are mouton / sheared lambskin, but I also have musquash, raccoon, river otter and mink - all full-length.

Generally what I wear fits what I am doing.

Nice summary statement. Twould apply to me most days as well.