Attention All!!

Mr Barguzin

I don't know about you folks, but one of the things I enjoy doing is occassionally running through the member list to find out about members.

This is especially true of new members who weren't with us at Melody O'hair ( or were regular guests at that place *grin*).

Now I know that it will take time to complete your profile, but if you would be so kind as to just fill in the "Interests" section (and it does take more than 25 letters *grin*), you might be surprised at just how much more fun you can have within this place... and also just how diverse a group of folks we really are.

The amount of detail I leave to you, even just the type of fur you prefur will be sufficient. No other details need be supplied. Who knows what friendships will be developed through a combined love of, say, fur and Expressionist painting *grin*

Of course, the choice is yours. But I hope that some will take the time to just tell fellow members a bit more about themselves.

• 1 month later...

This is a point that is certainly reoccuring and I'm glad you brought it up Mr. B. Folks, go ahead and fill in at least your interests as Mr. B said. You never know what may come of it. Any fellow astronomy enthusiasts here? You can send me a pm (so as to keep this thread on topic).

I know there's probably an answer for this on the FAQs, but it's early and I'm far too lazy right now to look for it (just an honest disclaimer )...

what's that bar above someone's avatar supposed to indicate?

the ever curious,

FLinFL

I think it indicates how many posts you have to make before your membership ranking goes to the next level: "Newbie"... "Top Member"... "Super Member", etc., etc.

It's a thermometer. The more posts you make the higher it goes until you reach the next level. Then it resets when your ranking flips.

That's what I thought too... but for example, yours is larger than mine. Uh... I guess I could've chosen better words, but you get the point!

FLinFL

Fur Lover...

***I am answering your question below, but I want to ask you if you have tried the different styles here. If you have not done that it is extremely important that you do. You are missing a huge part of this site if you haven't.

Now then, to answer your question...

Indeed the answer is in FAQ if you read the exact text of the different ranks there.

When a member gets to have a thousand posts they get to have what we call the "Chrome Rank". That is the rank that you have. There are two chrome ranks for members. One is the "Apprentice" Rank that you have and the other is "Master". These titles along with the Ass't Apprentice are of course based on the furrier terms of Master Furrier and Apprentice. We consider that it is an honor for people to have these fancy ranks. An honor you deserve as being a dedicated member for so long as your posts indicate.

So, don't worry, we are not downgrading you by having a smaller bar. It is actually an honor to have that first chrome rank that few folk here have. .

The other chrome ranks are as follows. I hope I don't miss anyone here as I mention this...

Moderator, Senior Moderator, Graphics Guru, Honorary (Joe Al only), Administrator, and Site Owner.

Hope this helps.

W

Thanks, White!

Don't know how that happened, but I'm proud to be in the same league as you folks!

FLinFL

...ps, I've briefly tried some of the other styles, but I prefur this one!

It's interesting to note that out of the 500+ members on this forum, 206 have never posted. Maybe we need an introduction thread to get them started?

HM you mean that there are folks here that just come in and sit down and don't participate in the verbal stoushes?

How slack are they? What on earth could have made them want to join if they were just going to sit around and perv at the rest of us?

AAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I know why: They wanted to tell their friends that they were a member of a most exclusive club and all that was required was the time to sit down and read posts at their leisure, knowing that their membership gave such added bonuses as never missing a new post after three or four days absence.

Then again.... they just might be afraid that the big bad PB will bite their head off just fur the fun of it *grin*

At this time, out of 521 registered members, there are 54 who have not responded to the registration email to activate their account or contacted the admins for assistance. Thus the real numbers are 467 active members who can post and of that group, 151 or 32% who have not yet contributed to our discussions.