19000+ Gallery pictures!!!!

Guest OFF or Old Fur F##t

We are up to 19,000 pictures now and growing.

I just uploaded a bunch of purpleshoshana pictures mainly to fill out some fur types. They are all quite super in every respect I think. I enhanced some of them so folks looking for the many fur types can get a very good gander at what they really look like. Purple's models do a very good job of showing off the furs as well.

This is part of our ongoing task of labeling all our pictures for fur types to the best of our abilities. We appreciate all the help we can get in this regard from our professional furrier folks and others with above average knowledge of furs.

We want The Gallery to be the best source extant for this use as well as the other pleasurable ways in which it can please us all

OFF

It just came to me while reading this, that it might be of use to have an album to do just that. Show off fur types. Have a MAXimum of maybe 3 photos that are very typical of each fur type in that area. Each one very representative of each type of fur. Amber fox. Fisher. Cross Fox. Cross Mink. etc.

I would be itnerested in hearing the thoughts of members on this one. It would mean of course that the photos were NOT available in the individual areas like Ebay or Fashion, but that area instead. We generally try somewhat to limit the number of albums. But this time ..... ?

Thoughts anyone?

W

I hope members are using the Search facilty.

For instance, if you type in Fisher Fur you will get most of the Fisher Furs in the entire Gallery.

Or type in purple and/or purpleshoshana and you will get every picture of that seller we have loaded.

The Search function is only limited by the information we put with our pictures we upload. That is why I may sound like a real nag when I pm the members to fill in ALL the blanks when they upload their pictures.

The Gallery can actually serve us all very well without a great deal of added Albums or functions since the ones we have, I suspect, are not being used to their max

OFF

Great to hear! Now that the Gallery is no longer as well guarded as Fort Knox hopefully we'll see increased traffic in that area.

Now that the Gallery is no longer as well guarded as Fort Knox ...

The Gallery was never as well guarded as Ft Knox - It just seemed so to impatient new members who had to wait up to a month for access to it. Now that we have a better method for bridging it to these forums, we finally achieved what we originally intended regarding access controls.

JG

In some ways we have actually improved security with this change. And gained many other advantages as well. A win/win situation on most all accounts. As you say, it may well mean more new photos from new members.

One thing always amazes me. You can look at our site. Look at the other major fur Gallery on the net. Look at Mad Man Fox's site. Look at the many other smaller sites (Forgive me if I missed your site but there are so many). And although there are some duplications there are not nearly as many as one would think that there would be. I am actually quite convinced that there are actually huge numbers of fur photos out there yet to be discovered! And of course the well of amateur and street fur photos is infinite.

In short, I am convinced that as far as we have went, that there is a long, long way that we could actually still go!

W

To have an album of 'different types' of fur would be amazing..

I had an issue earlier this year where a member of my site sent me a coat to model for him, that he believed was mink but turned out to be beaver-lamb..

I could have identified it quicker if we had a great reference library

kisses

brandy

xxxx

Brandy;

Just go to the Search Icon then type in the fur type you wish to see.

You will ge page after page by now of just about every type.

This is why I ask everyone who uploads pictures to put in the fur type if at all possible (if known). I'm going back through 19,000+ pictures grasdually putting in the fir type on almost all pictures.

OFF