• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JGalanos

• Worker 11811

• FurLoverinFL

• White Fox

Great to see you back again JG.

Hopefully we will see more furs here too, although probably be three or four weeks yet before it really begins. It is a ritual of mine to go into the furrier to pick up my furs wearing no jacket and come out wearing fur, and wear it all the way home, stopping along the way in a restaurant. Often make a point to just sit wearing the coat for a few minutes enjoying the experience before I take it off to eat too.

W

• 2 weeks later...
I furmally declare Fur Season '09 open!

And it is!

Last weekend in Chicago I saw fur everywhere:

*Fendi Russian sable 7/8 coat on mannequin at Neiman-Marcus -- Stunning.

*Shadow fox 3/4 coat prominently displayed in the fur salon at N-M -- It has been years since I've seen Neiman's feature a fox like this.

*Lady wearing white hip length knitted fur jacket at the opera.

*Lady wearing ranch mink jacket with crystal fox collar and tuxedo at a restaurant.

*Lady wearing hooded ranch mink jacket at the opera.

*Gentleman sporting a beaver hooded parka at the opera.

*Lady wearing an ankle length lunaraine mink coat at the opera.

*Lady wearing an ankle length ranch mink coat at the opera.

*Lady wearing a nice hooded shearling coat at the opera.

*Lady wearing a back cashmere coat with an oversized black fox collar.

Plus there was me! Saturday afternoon I turned a few heads in Neiman-Marcus in my faux fur jacket (you could call it plush, luxurious, sporty ... but I don't think you could call it "subtle"). Saturday night I wore my ranch mink jacket to the opera (it was in the mid 30's). Heading to the theater this evening in mahogany mink.

Anyone else had any fur sightings?

It'll be in the 50s tonight in far south Florida... ah, sooner or later, I'll get to sleep under my furs!!! " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" />

FLinFL

It was ~32 when I got in this evening. Brrr. I spent the afternoon and evening bundled up -- My other faux fur jacket in the afternoon (shopping and dinner) and my mahogany mink jacket plus my new Prada (first designer item I've ever bought new ... could not resist) wool scarf this evening (theater).

It just snowed this week in this part of Pennsyltucky. Just a light coating. It's all gone now. Temps are back in the 50's. Average weather predicted for the rest of the month.

But, on the bright side, my wife just mentioned that she wants to get her fur out of storage pretty soon.

my wife just mentioned that she wants to get her fur out of storage pretty soon

Totally understand her thinking.

I've never pulled furs out of storage this early before ... But they have come in handy. Everything pulled to date has already been worn.

She gets cold pretty easy due because she has hypoglycemia. (Low blood sugar.) Her body doesn't make as much heat as it should.

When I first tried to buy her a fur she didn't want to spend the money. She thought it was too expensive for such a luxury. It was only a couple of weeks before the temperatures outside went below 0º F. She went outside wearing her fur and found out how toasty warm she was for the first time in a very long while. She didn't want to take it off!

Now she's glad we bought it!

I am too!

Brrr - Spent the evening in my faux fur parka. Chilly and windy here. Jacket kept me toasty while I went out to eat, went shopping, and took a stroll along the lake. Really a nice piece ... Could not resist stroking the sleeves while shopping.

Going to the theatre again this weekend. Debating whether to pull a full length coat from storage. Looks like it's going to be a chilly weekend. We shall see ...

While it has not snowed here yet (slightly unusual), it was cloudy cool (42F/5C) and a bit breezy here today. As so far this fall I have only seen a few fur trims, I was a bit surprised to see a man in a coyote parka today.

Fur weather is coming

It felt so good to be in fur again...

Agreed. I'll be wandering the streets of Chicago tomorrow clad in rich mahogany mink. (Still a tad warm for fox in my neck of the woods.)

The weather has definitely returned! Yesterday, coming through downtown Mpls, saw a full length rabbit dyed to look like leopard and then just a few minutes ago, a vintage styled rabbit jacket. I mentioned this in another thread but I am starting to think that 'revolution' also applies to fashion. I haven't seen rabbit so frequently let alone any fur in quite some time. Putting this in a positive light, perhaps it won't be too long before the "full" furs return as well? Hmm.. That would be nice now wouldn't it?

Aida plays on Saturday. Tosca was two weeks ago. It is easy to assume when you attend one, you might attend the next.

Chicago is culturally rich (and often very cold in winter). It has the distinction of having more Tony Award winning regional theaters than any other city in the country (4 to date including the outstanding Steppenwolf and Goodman theatres). I have season tickets to the opera, the symphony, and the theatre. Not only are the performances first rate ... But they offer ample opportunities for fur appreciation (both mine and others'!).

Not only are the performances first rate ... But they offer ample opportunities for fur appreciation (both mine and others'!).

I always see one or two furs at the operas. Weather is a little warm, yet. Hovering in the 50's. I saw one woman wearing a fur scarf at the last opera. Just enough fur for show but not enough to be uncomfortable.

The weather is supposed to be rainy with temps in the 60's. We probably won't see much fur at the opera, today, unless it somebody decides to wear it just for show. That is unlikely in these parts.

This here's Pennsyltucky! Y'Know?

We probably won't see much fur at the opera, today, unless it somebody decides to wear it just for show.

Verdi's Ernani ... and wonderfully soft and warm mahogany mink ... this weekend.

This week it's Yamato drummers of Japan for us.

http://www.yamato.jp

We won't be having another opera until Nov. 14. ( Turandot.)

We're not showing it day and date. Original broadcast is Nov. 7.

Weather has been staying in the 50's by day and 40's by night. We have had highs in the 60's and lows in the 30's

It's been rainy in the past month. Much as I'd like it to stay warmer and drier so I can go out and exercise, I think it would be good if we could just get on with it and let winter take over.

These fluctuating temperatures just bums me out!