Fur weather?

White Fox

Happy Inauguration Day, everyone,

This weekend, after a day-of-service morning back in Philly, I indulged and did a bit of shopping at Flemington Furs. Their January sale is out of this world. If you're ever in central Jersey or the New York area...etc., etc., shameless plug, you know what to do.

Every so often, a member of their staff will graciously take my picture upon request. If you're out there (and I wouldn't be surprised if you were), Flemington team, you're the best: you've earned another generational customer. Mr. Benjamin, if you're reading this, expect our compliments in the mail.

I posted two of my photos in the Gallery for the Members folder. Outside, I wore my reversible mahogany mink/leather all day - for the first time. The compliments were a surprise, especially in a diverse crowd in Manhattan; they made me feel even better to 'rock the fur' and celebrate MLK weekend, well, being myself.

Here's a preview:

http://i44.tinypic.com/zof4h.png

(e si, quell'e una sciarpa dei tifosi di Roma. Forza Lupi~)

Stay warm, my friends.

ciaociao

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JGalanos

• Worker 11811

• FurLoverinFL

• White Fox

It's been unbelievably cold here in the upper Midwest. The temp rose above 32 (F) today for the first time in ~8 weeks. Brrr.

I've worn fur just about every day year-to-date. On a positive note, maybe it's simply the economy but my furs have received an unusual amount of attention. I've had multiple questions re: what kind of fur I was wearing (answers: silver fox, fisher, coyote), multiple requests to touch my furs (especially coyote), and multiple compliments (especially fisher). On a negative note, I stumbled upon another fur protest a couple of weeks ago. I've encountered fur protests before, but each time previously I was wearing (reasonably discreet) mink and did not attract any attention. This time I was wearing my (not remotely discreet) ankle length coyote coat. As I walked by the protesters (~10 people) I heard one of them say -- Look, he's wearing fur!!! I ignored the jerk and entered Water Tower Place and later exited the mall farther down Michigan Avenue. Maybe one of these days I'll have the nerve to confront the animal rights folks ... At this point in my life I just want them to leave me the hell alone.

Though you have the right to wear whatever you want, wherever you want as long as it's not illegal, it is the wise man who walks a wide circle around people who could be trouble.

If you ever find yourself in a confrontation where you have to take drastic measures to protect yourself this will be a factor. If it can be said that you did everything possible to avoid the fight, you will have the law on your side.

Frankly, JG, I think you handled yourself beautifully. No need to confront the idiots - you simply went on with your life. " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" />

FLinFL

It's best to avoid those anti-fur wackos. Much of their cause is fueled by hate towards wealth, not genuine concern for fur-bearers.

They don't distinguish between a wealthy trophy wife who wears a very expensive sable coat and a hard-working suburban, middle-class woman with kids whose mink was bought with money saved over many months.

Tricia

Getting us back on topic again . . .

Temperatures should go up to almost 60 (F) this Wednesday, but snow is forecast a week from now. Can't wait for next weekend! Had the AC turned down to 64 (F) last night. That's right - AC in February! Weird, especially since it was -5 (F) three nights ago . . . (!)

Certainly not winter-like weather here in the 'Burgh today. 57 degrees (F) with more of the same tomorrow and Wednesday before a cold front moves in and we get back to the 20's and 30's the rest of the week.

This didn't stop one woman from wearing her fur coat! I spotted her - of all places - in WalMart this afternoon. It was a beautiful, ankle-length mahogany mink coat. She was a very tall and very attractive woman, who had a big smile on her face when she thanked me for my compliment, "You are wearing a beautiful coat!"

Made my day!

Thanks fur the encouraging words, Worker & FLiFL!

We've had a warm spell here in the upper Midwest too. It's been in the 40's and 50's the past few days ... But that hasn't stopped me from indulging in my furry passion. I wore my faux chinchilla jacket Saturday in ~50 degree weather (it was damp and windy and I was cold) and I wore my mahogany mink jacket today in ~40 degree weather (it was still damp and windy out). The temperature is supposed to drop again tomorrow night, so I should be back in full length fur by the weekend.

• 1 month later...

It's still winter, folks ... Glad to see increased activity on the forums ...

It was COLD here yesterday -- High of about 20 F with strong winds (in the 20 - 30 MPH range) -- BRRR.

I went for a walk last nght dressed a bit like Nanook of the North - Ranch mink coat and Blackglama mink beret with cashmere scarf and cashmere lined gloves - And I was still cold. Did I mention BRRR?

It's cold again tonight so I plan to go for a stroll in my crystal fox coat. I fear the days when it will be cold enough to warrant ankle length fox are numbered.

• 2 weeks later...

So much for the first day of spring -- It's snowing now with accumulation of an inch or more expected by morning. Last night I wore my crystal fox coat to dinner and then went for a stroll along the lake afterward. It was cold ... I wound up pulling up and snuggling into the oversized shawl collar. Methinks fur storage is a good six weeks away.

It's snowing again! Spring has yet to arrive here in the upper Midwest. I visited a museum and a gallery and a bookstore this afternoon and then went to dinner this evening ... Enveloped in ankle length fisher everywhere I went. Hopefully other Denizens have been able to enjoy their furs this weekend as well.

More snow is forecasted for this weekend. I'll likely be (real) fur clad again this weekend. Tonight I wore my plush hooded faux fur parka ... Hood up. Brrr.

We've had a little snow lately. Anywhere from a dusting to 3 inches depending on where you are.

But this is probably the last major snow we'll have this year. We might get a few more flurries between now and Easter but that's probably it.

We had a good fur season this year but it's probably about time to start getting ready for next year.

We had a good fur season this year

Are you saving your pennies so you can buy a beaver jacket to match the wife's coat next fall?

Brrr. It's cold out. I spent the evening in American raccoon. It's a great coat ... I should wear it more often. I bought it used on ebay -- A Valentino (European designer) coat from Neiman Marcus (it came with one of their signature storage bags). It's probably 12 years old ... But looks brand new. The richly colored pelts are smooth and have a nice sheen. I think it's going to be one of those raccoons that lasts 50 years.

• 3 weeks later...

Still Brrr here ...

I wore my ranch mink jacket to the theater and dinner last night. It was snowing when I left for work this morning. It's 35 and damp and windy out now. I went for a walk in my hooded faux fur jacket this evening -- Hood up to ward off the sharp wind. I stopped by Starbucks on the way home for a chai tea and to continue plowing through this month's book club book (will I ever finish?!?). I sat near a window and was so cold I wound up putting my light and fluffy jacket back on while I sipped my chai and read my book.

Did I mention Brrr???

Braggart.

Can't seem to help myself.

It's still early spring here (although I fear I'm going to have to mow for the first time in the next couple weeks - ugh). It snowed again Tuesday morning and Tuesday night it was cold enough to wear my full length silver fox coat (so I did!). Wednesday night I was out and about in my faux coyote jacket. Tonight I'll likely be out in my other faux fur jacket.

Hope others have been able to enjoy some late season fur wearing as well!

Today, it was +30 degrees centigrade about 60 miles from here. Here it got to about +28 I think. I can't remember the conversion any more as we have been metric for so long now. Must be 30 years since the conversion I guess. Anyhow, 30 degrees is darned hot. I think 30 degrees C would probably be somewhere around 90 degrees F! Just slightly warm for fur of any type!

W