• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JGalanos

• Worker 11811

• FurLoverinFL

• White Fox

Yes! Albany, I have left the hustle and bustle of NYC. I love Mountains, Trees, Green Grass and Snow in the Winter. I have for all intents retired from the Madison Avenue Life, there is a Madison Avenue in Albany, but it's not the same. I guess I need a new screen name, any ideas anyone?

Things are turning out to be very mild here in the upper left hand corner.

The nights are cool enough for sleeping under fur and just cool enough in the day to wear a fur lined jacket and be not too much out of place.

Though it was headed to an early winter but we've had one pineapple express from Hawaii after another.

OFF

Yes! Albany, I have left the hustle and bustle of NYC. I love Mountains, Trees, Green Grass and Snow in the Winter. I have for all intents retired from the Madison Avenue Life, there is a Madison Avenue in Albany, but it's not the same. I guess I need a new screen name, any ideas anyone?

. . Fur Princess- ! . .

(The original Fur Princess!)

Things are turning out to be very mild here in the upper left hand corner

We had our first snow of the season Sunday night. It's been highs in the low 30's and low's in the low 20's for the past few days. I'm predicting Fur Weather for the next 4+ months.

...another vote for OriginalFurPrincess.

However, your Madison Avenue roots remain. We used to call you Maddy, too. Whatever you prefur, actually. Enjoy the country life~

Happy Thanksgiving.

J.

The second snow of the season hit last night. Brrr.

I've worn my fisher coat to several new places in the past couple of weeks and have been playing "Name that fur!" As you probably know, fisher is an unusual fur. Upon seeing the coat for the first time, they typically compliment it (it's a great looking custom made coat IMHO) and then try to guess what type of fur it is. The guesses have ranged from beaver (reasonable) to chinchilla (say what???) -- Most have never seen or heard of fisher. Some have asked to stroke the fur and I have (always hesitantly) said "yes" as I understand the urge ... But I must admit I always worry where their hands may have been.

Working in Chi-Town this week, whew I have been in town barely 24 hrs and already have seen more furs than I can count.

In the store last night, a beautiful younger (mid 30's) hottie in a nice mink with those furry uggs on. I was glad she and I were in the same aisles because she was nice. She even hugged her fur up tight a few times when she chilled. The mink was nice, a newer style with a HUGE HOOD!

Also on the way into work today I caught an older lady in the car beside me in what looked to be an expensive, sumptuous black fox. And for the dessert, a chinchilla at lunch today.

Man this place is fur heaven! Anyway the best thing is I am here for 6 more days!

Even though the weather is frightful, the furs are delightful! Corny yes but it's been running through my mind all day.

Bud

Well worker I took your advice the other night and got all my fur out and slept without the heater on. I was quite warm, but it was really cold when i got out of bed to take a shower in the morning . I haven't yet worn the coat out yet because I have not had the chance to see how this girl I'm dating would react.

Glad to hear!

My wife and I often sit on the sofa to watch TV snuggled under her fur coat.

A few Bears usually join in too. We stay nice and warm!

We do not have a fur comforter for the bed... yet.

We do have a goose down comforter and several warm blankets.

Our bedroom often gets cold in the dead of winter so we need to have lots of insulation on the bed.

As soon as the budget permits we will have a fur blanket for the bed.

We're finally about to get major cold weather. The coldest since '91 they say.

Very cold here is 20's to teens and it is suppose to be with snow in the lowlands which is unusual.

Get a chance to wear my Lynx/Timberland jacket

OFF

Folks are wearing furs in the Midwest regardless of temps. Last night I was in Milwaukee and despite the relatively warm temp (upper 30's) I saw several women in mink (stroller and full lengths ... One of the coats was exceptional) as well as a woman in an unusual 3/4 jacket (I was tempted to ask her what it was ... I assumed an unusual fox but it could have been Russian raccoon). Today in Chicago it was in the upper 40's but I again saw several women in mink (jackets and strollers) and fur trimmed coats and jackets (mostly mink and fox trims). I wore my faux chinchilla jacket both days. It's a really nice jacket -- High quality faux fur with luxurious details. I received several compliments as well as questions re: what it was (people really do not know their furs ... it looks nothing like beaver!).

I've said it befur and I'll say it again ... Chicago is a fur lover's kinda town.

I went to the well regarded Steppenwolf Theater last night and despite the relatively warm temp (low 40's) I spotted a plethora of furs. I wore my mahogany mink jacket and I saw multiple women sporting mink jackets and mink coats (a mahogany mink coat was exceptional), fox jackets (including a nice golden isle), as well as one woman wearing an unusual black fox bolero style jacket (it looked almost like gorilla to me). It's beginning to look a lot like fur season!

It has been bitter cold here in the upper Midwest and I, personally, have been running around in mink, fisher, fox, Finn raccoon, and faux chinchilla for weeks - With the first official day of winter still ahead. All I can say is BRRR ...

I live in Milwaukee and have seen many furs this winter. The highlights have been a huge beaver full length coat, an fabulous silver fox vest and a full length white mink with fox trim and sleeves that was off the charts gorgeous. Drop me a line when your in Milwaukee again J.

There were a bunch of furs in Phoenix earlier this week. Yes, Phoenix Arizona... yes it does get cold in the desert! Several minks and a stunning blue fox coat were spotted as I was in the airport on Tuesday morning.

FLinFL

It's a white winter wonderland even down here at sea level now.

Getting plenty of fur wearing time now since I don't venture out without one over my body.

Gotta venture out in it to a meeting.

OFF

• 4 weeks later...

Brrr!!! It is COLD here in the Midwest. Currently -10 F ... Tomorrow's high expected to be 4 F. Thank goodness for the warmth of FUR!

I've been rotating through my fur wardrobe. I was pleasantly surprised last week when my almost 10 year old silver fox coat turned the head of every lady in the Jewelry Salon at Neiman's.

Our high temp today will be about 5 (F) with wind chills down around -10 (F). I guess all of us are in the grips of winter, which is good new for all fur lovers!

I had a rather unexpected surprise yesterday. My high school class is having a big reunion this spring, and I am on the planning committee. I have been emailing classmates all over the country, and one of the girls in my class told me in an email that the one thing she loves about winter is that it gives her a good excuse to snuggle up in her beaver fur blanket! She went on to explain that she really doesn't need winter to snuggle up in it, she just cranks up her AC when it's warm. She says it gives her a very special feeling . . . I responded with just enough to see just how much she's into fur. This could get interesting . . .

Today I broke out all my fur hats, gloves and rabbit lined hoodie and discovered that my...er...right-wing co-workers all warm up to fur! It helped that an old friend of mine shared their views, and after a long phone conversation with her about fur (our first in nine years!?), I explained my views on hunters understanding the hunted, shamelessly plagiarised from TOS, of course ...and they said "why, that's so...conservative of you!". Now I'm not trying to start a political hoo-ha here, but I just wanted to say that fur was a uniter today! A good bit of laughing at myself definitely helped...acknowledging that to some folks, I probably look pretty ridiculous in a "big, obnoxious russian hat" and then going on from here:

29d8fub.png

It made Pennsyltucky a little more endearing, let me tell you...but I still miss Philly where I've seen entire families in matching minks. I keep thinking we need more Black people out here to show us how it's done.