Fur weather?

White Fox

Man, it is supposed to be fur wearing weather ready to begin this time of year. Instead we have weather coming that is up to 27 degrees C. Instead of fur, we will be heading into the house to get away from the fierce heat.

Strange.

W

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JGalanos

• Worker 11811

• FurLoverinFL

• White Fox

We've had a couple of nights in the upper 30's here already, but until next weekend, our lows are going to be more like 50 (F). Then, upper 30's and lower 40's - if one is to believe in the weather forecast . . .

At any rate, the colder weather will be welcomed!

We're getting snow Sat and Sunday on the valley floor.

" title="Applause" />

I'm wearing my coyote vest and my beaver lined coyote mittens fishing in the mountains tomorrow (Sat). " title="Applause" />

I may never come back...........

FurBob

As much as I am eager to climb into my coats... I must admit I HATE winter... the weather here for the next few days is just forecast to rain, and cool (mid 40s for highs and lows) typical autumn weather for here... I am guessing a month til consistent fur weather here... then again, Ive also seen it not snow until December beleive it or not... But our outlook for winter is calling "numbingly cold" for the prairies...

If you put any stock in "The Farmer's Almanac," all of us can look forward to making use of our furs this winter. It's supposed to be the harshest one in years . . . Don't know if I'm ready for that - !

It's been a tad warmer than normal here the past couple weeks. I have worn my faux furs (great when the temp drops below 50 F), but I have not taken any of my furs out of storage yet. Tentatively planning to take my fur jackets out of storage next weekend ... We shall see.

I've been wearing my sheared Beaver to work every morning the last two weeks. The weather has been cool enough but by afternoon it warms up a bit. Hoping for much cooler weather as I've got a couple of other friends in storage that are begging to get out.

I mowed for probably the next to last time this evening. It was so chilly I could see my breath. Brrr. Definitely picking up the mink jackets this weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

We just got a call from the furrier this afternoon.

Our fur coat is coming back from storage!

They called us up to be sure our address is still good. She said it would be sent out today and it should be here by Wednesday!

I can hardly wait!

That's it.. I have had enough of this British weather.. it is just rain rain rain.. we had a small covering of frost last week and that was it...

I am going to the north of scotland next week..... and if I don't find some cold weather to force me to wear my furs..

then look out Canada.. here I come..

kisses

Brandy

xxxxx

It was unseasonably warm here today (high around 68 F), but I think this has probably been my furriest fall ever. I started wearing my faux furs in September, my fur jackets in October, and I will pick up my full length furs this weekend (with tentative plans to wear one of them to the theatre Saturday evening). I've worn my mahogany mink jacket over two dozen times already. It's become a favorite of mine -- A richly colored, fingertip length luxury garment .

• 2 weeks later...

Well it was so cold in Florida yesterday (Tues 11/18) that there were furs out and about. It's pretty unusal to be waiting in the security lines at the Fort Lauderdale airport with a lady in a sheared blond mink coat behind you and another wearing a coyote jacket just a few feet behind us.

FLinFL

...and yes, I did compliment her on her coat and she was appreciative, but did not offer to let me touch.

Well the Uk news claims that last night was going to be the last 'frost - free' morning until after x-mas...

at least i will be able to run around my garden first thing in the morning wearing nothing but my furs.. he he he

kisses

brandy

xxxxx

We got about a foot of snow last Sunday evening and it hasn't gone above freezing since.

My wife and I decided to eat out Sunday. When we left the house it was about 33º F. and it was snowing lightly. By the time we left the restaurant it was coming down pretty heavily. I started up the engine and started to brush the snow off the car when my she said, "Darn it! I knew I should have worn the fur!

There has been some light snow today. We probably got another inch.

As long as we have our fur and our Bears, we won't mind if it snows another ten feet!

Darn it! I knew I should have worn the fur!

Yes, she should have!

Restaurants are great places to wear fur. I wore my fisher coat to dinner last night. When I walked in the lady at the reservations desk (for whom I think English was a second or third language) looked up, smiled big, and said "Warm!" Naturally, I had to agree with her.

OK central Ohio, it's really cold. Low 20's with windchill. I just moved into my first place, an apartment in a building that was made in 1854 and hasn't been really worked on since 1950 from the way it looks. Old school box furnace that is run by gas and very drafty. So before I moved I looked around and found an old beaver coat with a hood that I wear every night and a rabbit blanket about 6x4 feet for about 50 bucks. It's helping, I could run the heater a lot more but with me being really "on my own" for the first time I think I'm learning what being a cheap Scotsman (last name McCord) is.

With the price of natural gas and electricity going so high, these days, you're probably better off spending a couple-few hundred bucks on some furs. If you save $50 off your gas bill every month your investment will be repaid in just a few months!

Plus you reduce your fossil fuel emissions too! Double bonus for the environment!

It's 30º F. right now.

Light snow coming down as we speak.

There doesn't appear to be much chance of it letting up.

Plus, I live near the Great Lakes. The water is still warm which holds the air and ground temperatures up.

As winter wears on, the water will freeze and winter will REALLY ramp up to full intensity!

Some winters we get over 100 inches of total snow accumulation! (That's more than 2.5 meters!)

If this keeps up we'll be on track to beat our record of 145 inches! (3.6m )

It is a miserable 9 degrees, slightly misty but warm... I am going to leave the fridge door open tonight.. maybe I maight get a chance to wear my furs when i go for milk for my tea..!

kisses

brandy

xxxxx