Will Farrel

dumbass45601

watch blades of glory and you will see him petting the pelt a few times during the movie.

That could be the character. It would be best to find him doing something like that out of any character.

It's Ferrell, not Farrel.

And I say bravo if you like fur enough to use it for your characters. But I wouldn't say fetish either...if he did, you'd see him wearing it out in public all the time. I think to have that kind of celebrity he wouldn't care right now, kind of like Snoop Dogg (now he has a fur fetish...!) or Beyonce. I'd love to see him a 70s Blaxploitation parody or even an 80s Dynasty-era parody with the big furs worn ironically...

Wouldn't it be great if we had a fur loving celeb as a member of the Den?!

They would have to go incognito, of course, but since everybody here has a pseudonym already it wouldn't be too much of a stretch, even for well-known celebs like Ferrell or Snoop or even Beyonce.

Who knows! There might be somebody already!

J.K.

peta just released there list of the worst-dressed celebs. Aretha Franklin topped this list. Maybe we start going through their list and post a message on each celeb's website applauding them for wearing furs.

FLinFL

peta just released there list of the worst-dressed celebs. Aretha Franklin topped this list. Maybe we start going through their list and post a message on each celeb's website applauding them for wearing furs.

FLinFL

Given the fact PeTA seem to do this all of the time and have some success, I do agree it's a good way to counteract their pathetic actions

Okay. I've got a theory here. Look how Deedok spells the actor's name. I'm a suggest it's deliberate because Deedok IS Will Ferrell, and wants to make it look like he doesn't care about the spelling like we typically would care about the spelling of our own names. There's a reason folks here are speculating about celebs incognito among us. So it's a way for Mr Farrel/Ferrell aka Deedok to out himself as fur fetishist--sort of--as if the role in Blades weren't sufficient.

I agree with several here. It could be the actor just portraying the character. Then again, it could be a role that somewhat reflects the actor's natural preferences. But why am I speculating. Since Deedok is the actor, why don't we just take his word?

I didn't see the whole flick. What I did see. Well, figure skating being central to the story, it seems to fit that a few characters at least wear fur, which they do, especially male characters. Ferrell's character sort of strikes me as a Johnny Cash on skates, an irreverent, swaggering kind of gracefulness. He makes reference to his appreciation for fur, something about a native American heritage predisposing him that way.

Any other celebs here ready to out themselves?

frugalfurguy

Virtually all actors' public personas are created from their private life. Many of their personal traits actually show through their characters' personas too.

Given the state of "politically correct" politics in Hollywood, if an actor had an aversion to fur he would not portray a character who wears fur. Instead, he would pitch a fit and refuse to go on until the offending fur is removed from his sight.

With that in mind, it's probably safe to assume that Deedok... ummm... I mean Will Ferrell... has, at least, a liking for fur. It is impossible to tell if he has an "attraction" to fur, let alone a fetish.

That doesn't mean we can't imagine he is a full-blown fur lover!

Agree with you worker.

The number of folks who could actually Act outside their personalities has been rare indeed.

Rod Steiger, Alec Guinness, Laura Linney and Gwyneth Paltrow come to mind and among those very few.

OFF

or Hilary Swank...Forrest Whittaker...Charlize Theron...Jamie Foxx...Paul Giamatti...Tom Hanks...

nevermind me, just watched the Oscars. Then we watched Michael Clayton. Highly recommended.

J.

I believe good actors, by playing characters well, should lead people into thinking that's who they REALLY are. Isn't that the job of an actor? I disagree that many out there literally play themselves. Take Sir Anthony Hopkins in Silence Of The Lambs for example. I very much doubt that character's anything like his personality. I've also heard that many comics are decidedly unfunny when offstage. I don't doubt there are many from all walks of life including celebrities who share this appreciation and, as I've conjectured here before, many more women than posts here would have you believe. softest regards furomance

Men like Hopkins and Guinness, et. al. are held to a higher standard than new, younger actors. We EXPECT them to be pros.

Guinness went from playing an Arab Prince in "Lawrence of Arabia" to being Obi Wan Kenobi in "Star Wars".

Hopkins went from playing Shakespeare to a serial killer in "Silence of the Lambs".

And, every time, they made you BELIEVE it.

There's an old story about Dustin Hoffman, as he played his role in the movie "Marathon Man":

He played a scene where he was going to be captured by the "bad guy", played by Sir Lawrence Olivier. Hoffman went outside and ran around the building ten times and came back all tired out before shooting the scene. Olivier asks Hoffman, "What are you doing?" When Hoffman answered that he was getting ready for his scene, Sir Lawrence quipped, "Why don't you try ACTING, my boy? It's MUCH easier!"

I have to admit that there are plenty of good actors out there but I think this is a good example to draw comparison between the older, experienced actors (or the young actors who have REAL talent) and the young upstarts and posers who inhabit the movie screens of today.

There is a discernible difference.

I agree good acting is about creating an illusion that actors are the person they portray. Johnny Depp's roles in Pirates of the Caribbean and in Finding Neverland have some remote similarity--being a pirate and acting a pirate to get kids to imagine themselves on a pirate ship--but the person portrayed in these two roles is very, very different. In the former he's a detached and rather pragmatic schemer. In the latter, he certainly does much work in solitude as a playwright, but he also shows an intense ability to engage people and care deeply for them.

But what's any of this have to do with fur? My did we wander.