• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JGalanos

• FurLoverinFL

• Joe

• Furbabe

Full length Coyote about 10 years ago now... bought it used off a woman.. used the excuse I was buying it for my girlfriend... Just recently I scored a raccoon jacket with a huge blue fox rim around it for $60.. it looks brand new,and works great as the coat I can fit under my big coyote parka... I usually wear 2 furcoats outside now.. no one can tell there is another underneath plus its nice and warm

Well, I did post about my first furs on page one of this thread.

"How it ALL Started" might be a great new thread to inaugurate Fur Season properly! Next time I get a chance, I'll have to write something again about those fateful childhood years...

ciaociao

Well, I did post about my first furs on page one of this thread. Next time I get a chance, I'll have to write something again about those fateful childhood years...

Looking furward to your tale!

One of my first posts here....and definitely my first one with length

My first experience wearing fur was when i was 16 years old. I had been aware of my love of fur for years, but had only had a few times where i had been able to actually touch one. I was over at a (rich) friend's house with 10-15 friends and someone suggested we play hide and seek. We all thought it was dumb but decided it would be really fun for old time's sake. Since it was the friend who lived in the house's idea, we decided she should be it. I went downstairs and into a storage room and thought it was a good hiding spot if i kept the lights off...but then saw another door in the room and went through it. I found what seemed like a spare closet for my friend's mother...a pretty large sized room, with tons of dresses and clothes on the wall racks. I turn to my left, and see a full rack of furs . I closed the door and began examining the coats. The memory is very vivid. There was a full length whiskey mink, a full length white fox, a black fox jacket, a sheared mink jacket with fox trim, a knit fur jacket, a full length brown fox, a sheared beaver stroller, and a few more. I slipped into the irresistible whiskey mink immediately. It was an experience I will never forget. I stared at myself in the mirror, stroking the coat profusely. I tried on several other coats. I heard someone coming close to the door, and panicked. I couldn't hang up the coat I was wearing in time. It was the seeker, and she asked me why I was wearing one of her mom's fur coats. I told her I was going to try and blend in on the rack as a good hiding spot but that she came too soon. She bought it, and came over to me and started to pet the full length brown fox I was wearing. She said something like, "I love these....this one's my favorite," as she slipped into the full length whiskey mink and began petting it. "They're so soft," she said. I was extremely nervous at this point, and just said "yeah, I know." She got me to try on other ones, completely unaware I had made it through most of the rack. I said, "shouldn't we be playing hide and seek?" and she just responded, "Well, this is more fun." Soon after this we began dating for a few months, and I was able to wear her mother's furs, and see her in them constantly. It was an amazing period in my life, and I still regret breaking up with her(long story).

My first real fur I didn't buy until years later-a vintage red fox jacket. I still get a ton of use out of it, although I don't wear it out.

Great story there, flamingo! Thank you for sharing your experiences with us! Let's hear from our other newest members. I'm pretty sure that you have your favorite fur or a rememberance of how you came to love fur. Share it with us - always keep in mind that you're not alone!

FLinFL

the first one I bought was a full lenght white rabbit coat, I miss that one and wished I still had it. I bought it used at a second hand thrift shop where I used to live till it got old that I had to get rid of it

the christmas seson was my indructoion ot wering fur. I ordeed custom MADE coyote zippered parka wihh hood. It was delivered while my mother was off on vacation in HA. When I met her at the airport I had it on. The comments I received while waiting for my mom was many. I now have over a dozion coats that I can wear. The only place I dont wear a fur is to the clubs christmass party (Happened last night) for some reason the hostes is anti-fur. yet eats meat and uses animal produsts all over her home.

My actual first was a rabbit jacket from a resale shop. It stayed perfectly clean for about 2 months. You can't clean rabbit! I then bought a brand-new rabbit jacket at a Department store and kept it perfect until the day I sold it...well, actually traded it because a friend said I'll wear it while we ... but I get to keep the jacket. I said okay, and got frequent visitation rights until she moved away.

I then saw a fox jacket advertised in the local classifieds. Went to see it and it was so beautiful I told the woman selling it that I wasn't sure if it would fit my girlfriend, but I knew she could easily wear my jackets so could I try it on. Got to wear it into her bedroom and check in the mirror. She laughed and commented that it looked good on me...wonder how red my face got? Anyway, bought that jacket - have it still today, and several others on ebay. I also ordered a fox last year from MadisonAvenue Mall (dot com) and I love it too!

I've posted re: my furst (real) fur acquisition previously ... Just noting that my beloved now eight season old (and still breathtaking IMHO) ankle-length silver fox coat will be going out tonight.

My last trip to Ungar Furs I saw [and tried on] a HUGE floor length [on me] Silver Fox.

It was twice as wide in the shoulders and I have wide shoulders

Quite fantastic!!!!

OFF

OFF -- You seem to make the most amazing fur finds when you go to Ungar. I should tag along some time!

I love silver fox. I tried on a semi-decently priced full length red fox this past weekend. It was almost floor length and had an incredible sweep. But at the end of the day I think a really good quality silver fox is probably the ultimate fox coat.

My first fur was a wolf jacket that I got from a fellow fur-friend six or seven years ago (thanks again if you're reading this). I got in in the middle of the summer and I still remember the feeling when I first opened the package and put the jacket on.

Some months after I bought a full length blue fox coat, not the best quality and with quite wide strips of leather between the fur, but still great. I still have both furs at home, but have also improved my collection with other furs I like more.

The first one I bought was a nice mouton lamb for my girlfriend at the time. This was 1967-68. It came from a fur shop in Greenwich Ct, at a whopping $15. Since then I've been through a few girlfriends, two wives and about 500 furs. Mostly buying and selling, with the women getting first dibs on what's passing through. Currently my wife has 5 mink coats, a mink jacket and one of the best gold toned longhair beaver coats I've ever seen.

Most items came from classified ads, thrift shops and, believe it or not, consignment and fur shops.

The best advice I ever received was "make your hobby pay for itself".

My first two fur coats...and I have to include both as they were purchased on the same day...that I ever bought were a coyote parka and a coyote f/l coat. The funny bit about it is that the gentleman who was doing the selling wanted so much for me to buy something else after I had selected the coyote parka other than another coyote. At that point in time though, I was not interested in anything other than long haired furs, not even really considering the mink coat he was suggesting to be much better than faux. Yes, my attitudes have changed somewhat over the past couple of years, but as my first fur as a pre-teen was a coyote parka from my parents this is what I had my heart set on.

• 3 months later...

It's colder tonight in Pennsylvania, so I'd like to bring this one forward. I'd also like to add a piece to my "first furs" series: a tremendous blue fox sectional blanket I found in a consignment shop. I bought it in college before I discovered the online fur community...and it lasted four hot years in the bedroom.

Share your stories with us!

My First fur coat I ever bought was a rabbit jacket in the 1980's...Then I was dragged out of the fur love because of all the hype and animal prtesting that became so large during the late 80's and early 90's...

But now I have started my own sexy and erotic fur website.. I have re-launched my self..

My first coat for the site was an antique mink which was followed by an arctic fox...

after that the list goes on and on...

I am so glad I refound fur and somewhere to show my erotic fur images...

otherwise I would be 'still' wondering...and dreaming...even today..

kisses

Brandy

xxxxx

Brandy wrote...

I am so glad I refound fur and somewhere to show my erotic fur images...

Trust me, we are too!

FLinFL

FurLoverinFlorida..

Ooo you naughty thing.. but flattery will get you everything you desire.. Hmmmmm..

anyway.. back to the thread topic..

he he

Brandy

xxxx

I wore my furst fur this evening -- My now 8 season old silver fox coat. It still looks brand new -- A testament to the longevity provided by regular cleaning, glazing, and storage.

Even after all these years, I still think it is one of the most beautiful fur coats I have ever seen. It was custom made for me and I knew exactly what I wanted it to look like. I rejected the first three bundles of pelts they presented me, holding out for (and eventutally getting) richly colored pelts of superior quality.

Wow...nothing like custom made is ther? I absolutely adore my new golden Isle fox hooded 3/4, I think for the same reason.

I agree, Lynxette. Half the furs in my closet were custom made. I must admit I love the whole process of working with a designer to create a luxurious, spectacular fur. Regarding my previously mentioned silver fox coat, I (literally) asked the furrier to create the most beautiful, luxurious men's fur he had ever seen ... And I think he delivered. I have tried to top my silver fox with each subsequent custom fur creation ... But I still think my silver fox is my most beautiful fur.