Question for Linda and Maribeth

Guest realfur

I was wondering if in addition to enjoying your own furs, do you get any pleasure from sharing your love of fur with others through your business? Do you take particular pride in the service you provide to fur lovers?

Oh, yes!

Selling furs often involves teaching others about something that I love. It is wonderful watching people light up when the try on the furs.

Having a passion for what you sell makes a world of difference.

There are several other Fur Den members that sell furs. In fact, I believe at least three of our Male members sell, as well.

It would be interesting to get their input as well.

Linda

It would be interesting to get feedback from any sellers. I think I'd really enjoy selling furs for a living myself! I'd love to hear any good experiences from any fur sellers. It has to be nice to share something you like so much! I'd also think it'd be a better experience as a buyer if the seller has a real love for fur also.

Howdy realfur and Welcome!

I may be one of those 3 male eBay sellers Linda was speaking of. I happened to receive a really nice e-mail from a gal who purchased a fox fur coat from me, stating that she received her fur today and she was so enchanted with her new fox fur that she could hardly contain herself!

I sell only used furs on eBay, but for her the purchase was extra special, because it was her first one ever! Even before I sent the coat to her, she was ecstatic just knowing it was coming soon. I took personal pride in learning of that, because I could relate to how she felt; with all that emotion that it generates in waiting for that first fur to show up. And knowing that it would actually be there soon to hold and enjoy it all.

When she finally did receive it, she wrote to tell me how happy she was and that the coat was everything she hoped it would be. That makes me feel good inside too! I was able to share in the enjoyment with another new fur lover, whom now has her own fur to wear and cuddle with!

That's what it really is all about realfur. Sure, selling a fur is also about making some money, but when someone goes out of their way to tell me I did a great job for them and they are so happy to receive their fur like this one gal did, it makes me feel great knowing that I could help someone else enjoy fur too and all that it has to offer.

Fur is not just a garment to wear, but it has a certain personal appeal to it as well. It makes it all worthwhile in knowing that I treated my customer right and with respect, and that she feels good about her purchase. My member feedback profile reflects that attitude as well.

I know that a fair share of this message may be slightly off topic, but the enjoyment that fur brings to us all is something the members at the Den do understand quite well. Irregardless of whether or not they sell fur themselves.

With Furriest Regards, -ROB

Robinfur,

I don't think you are off-topic at all. Sharing this wonderful aspect of fur is very on topic. This is the very reason I started to sell furs. I want others to be assisted in finding the right fur for them and not being lied to, as I had been so many times on ebay.

Furs are perishable. There can always be mistakes or issues. On my final inspection, I had to cancel three sales last year. Even though I had inspected each of those coats three times before it sold.

But, when individuals and unethical sellers sell coats that stink, fall apart, or are completely mis-sized, it makes new buyers eventually give up. I hope when I get my new ebay store up and running that I can add pages to help teach buyers how to find a coat that fits their needs. And, how to increase their chances of finding a fur on line that FITS!

One aspect of buying used furs falls on the shoulders of the buyers, though. And, that is of expectation and price. If you pay $75 for a fur or $750 you should not have the same expectations. Yes, once in a great while this will happen. But, it is gambling. What just PO's me is when I pay $750 and get a $75 coat. This has happened to me more than once.

I have seen you things on ebay and you do a very good job!! You should be proud.

Linda

Linda

Thanks Linda, your words of encouragement are a blessing!

Your right to say that all buyers should become educated on furs, if at all possible. Since they are going to be parting with some hard earned money, it pays to ask questions and be informed.

As they are definitely not shopping for a car....

-R

Well I have to agree with linda,I love wearing furs and selling them. People who try on a fur for the first time, it is nice to see the reaction on how they look!

I have been out on the town,and had so many comp's on my coats I allways carry a card and try to help people out on slecting a great fur.

As for ebay it is very difficult to buy for 75 and flip it for 750 or vice versa most of the coat that I list are trade ins or I bought them from a furrier who went out of buiness

MB