OK, Now Who's Your Favorate Brunette In Fur?

MadisonAvenueFurPrincess

Was going to pm you but the 'furs' are fake and violate the CoC.

As much as I LOVE Blade Runner I can't post them.

OFF

I have the DVD of Blade Runner and I have taken a frame grab of Sean Young. It is a very difficult image to grab.

1) The image is dark. The whole movie is like this. Everything is shadow. It's VERY difficult to grab a good image under these conditions. You have to edit in Photoshop to get the brightness and contrast adjusted to make a viewable shot. Doing that adds its own distortion as the pixels "blow out" from being brightened too much. Any resultant image is going to be grainy.

2) The scenes where Sean Young wears fur are very short. Even then, the shots within the scenes are short. I bet there aren't a dozen frames of Sean Young wearing fur shot close enough for you to see the fur coat. Again, the whole movie is shadows. 90% of the shots of Sean Young are in shadow too.

3) Once I went through all that trouble, I found out the fur is fake!

It took quite a while to rip the disk, grab the frame, edit the picture and get it ready for viewing. Then, I finally got ready to enjoy my handiwork and admire the picture and I went, "DAMN!"

Fake fur in the movie "Blade Runner" is contextually relevant.

The whole premise of the movie is: "In the future, everything is synthetic." Well, if that's true then the FUR would be synthetic too. Only makes sense.

So... Would you like to see an honest-to-goodness frame grab of Sean Young in her (fake) fur coat from the movie "Blade Runner?"

Here it is, posted as an example to illustrate the things I said above.

>> Click Here! <<

I remember fropm the movie [i have it on DVD] that the 'fur' is obviously of poor fake quality .. photoshop quite aside.

I would hope in "teh future" they could do a much better job than that.

They did pretty well on the "human' and "Snake" replicas.

Love the movie though and the Architecture is incredibly strange.

Minor note.

the guy that eventually did the Stage Set designs was the guy they initially hired to just do Harrison Ford's vehicle design. He did such a fantastic job on the background work they hireed him for the rest of the movie drops.

OFF

I read an article that the fur in Bladerunner was real. Made from lamb bobcat and coyote and several other furs to look like an unknown genetically synthesised animal fur of the future. It was someone like one of the YSL designers who did it. Then there was a fuss and the scenes were mostly deleted apart from the directors cut. So did I imagine all that or is there misinformation?

I would hope in "teh future" they could do a much better job than that.

I dont' know about who designed the coat. I suppose I could look it up.

But the coat has to LOOK synthetic, whether it be real fur or not.

The CHARACTERS all think it's replicated fur but the audience NEEDS to see visual proof. (Movie goers, as a group, are dumb!)

Remember, in Hollywood, reality doesn't matter. If the fur looks too real to the camera the premise of "Everything Synthetic" will be spoiled.

kate jackson was my personal favorite - but i dont ever recall seeing her in furs, such pictures would be really wonderful

We have to be more active in research and sharing this stuff. Some people will have pics of these that could be uploaded and shared. Other times they could be sourced.

It is crazy that I have pics of all the angels smoking but not one in fur! They certainly all appeared in episodes in fur. The SF people seem a bit more prepared to share finds; and I even have some finding me fur stuff!

NEVE CAMPBELL...though I didn't see her in furs, but I'd love to. But...is she a brunette or dark haired one? Jajajjjjjajajja...anyway I love Neve.

Neve was in the movie 54 in a quick 30 second scene toward the end in what appeared to be a Fox Coat

Jus catching up & saw Charlie's angels comments, Kate Jackson was always the down to earth type & sadley don't ever recollect seeing her in furs but the other 2 defo did, Mr M is right, one episode was at a ski resort & there was a hooded fur parka involved but i also believe the blonde of the time did wear a few furs from time to time, see what i can find. I "think" i have it somewhere on tape sorry Kate Jackson lovers

Introalfa and Madison,

Neve Campbell's fur scene near the end of the film "54" features her wearing a chinchilla jacket.

Regards,

Mr Mockle

• 14 years later...
On 5/25/2007 at 5:34 PM, Worker 11811 said:

No brainer...

Wonder Woman! (AKA: Lynda Carter)

/aussie_news_views/images/wonder_woman_3.jpg

Can't find a pic of her in fur, though. Hope she hasn't gone to the dark side!

But it doesn't matter. She can tie me up and make me tell the truth any time she wants!

She definitely gets my upvote as well 🙂 I guess back in the aughts finding pictures of her by scouring the web must have been a pain… I posted a bunch in another thread on this forum
here.

• Like 1

Good thing Bloomingdales didn't have any stores in the UK back then & ergo, no advertising. I think 16 year-old me would have had a minor heart attack at the sight of Wilma Deering grinning at me seductively while wearing a Canadian Lynx!

BTW, i'm sure Youtube has got a video of Erin in a Cross Fox (or it might be Crystal) in an episode of Silver Spoons.

As for staying on topic, i'll just remind you all about Lesley-Anne Down in The Pink Panther Strikes Again and leave it there.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pink+panther+strikes+again+lesley+anne+down+

7 hours ago, SimonG said:

BTW, i'm sure Youtube has got a video of Erin in a Cross Fox (or it might be Crystal) in an episode of Silver Spoons.

I have been looking for this episode forever! If you ever come across it, please post a link! I had thought I had seen a glimpse of it in passing and thought perhaps I was just dreaming (and originally, I had thought it was Silver Fox) I’m so glad that I wasn’t! Now, just need to search harder…

• 1 year later...
On 12/21/2021 at 10:18 PM, SimonG said:

@SimonGSo, RokuTV has the first 3 (of 5) seasons of Silver Spoons for free. I’m extremely curious as to what season Erin is wearing that Cross/Crystal Fox. That visual has been circling in my head!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, pnwhist said:

@SimonGSo, RokuTV has the first 3 (of 5) seasons of Silver Spoons for free. I’m extremely curious as to what season Erin is wearing that Cross/Crystal Fox. That visual has been circling in my head!

15m12s into it…

Here it’s definitely Silver Fox but like you @SimonGI could have sworn my recollection remembers Kate wearing one coming through the entry way as she’s done many times with other coats…

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HHM9Ja3gWZ4&pp

Edited by pnwhist

15 hours ago, pnwhist said:

3m12s in… This one is better than the first…

https://archive.org/details/SilverSpoonsSeason5Episode13RumorsAreFlyingPart1

…after all these years of research. Victory… thank you the 80s!