Battlefront 1 & 2

Need for speed most wanted

Need for speed underground 1&2

Burnout Revenge

Star Wars Empire at War

Lineage 2

And probably a lot more!

I like games which really invloves you both emotionally and morally

God of War.. Never have I seen a game so violent and explicit as that. It's one of the most fun games I've ever played and one of the best games on the PS2.

I recently started playing FF3 again on my SNES as I never finished it first time around. 20 hours in, and the battery backup in the cartridge finally gave up the ghost

How painful.

If my understanding is right, every Nintendo game every released will be available for Revolution via download. If the retro games are cheap enough I may yet get to finish the little blighter and discover what happens to Terra, Locke, Celes et al...

If my understanding is right, every Nintendo game every released will be available for Revolution via download. If the retro games are cheap enough I may yet get to finish the little blighter and discover what happens to Terra, Locke, Celes et al...

That would be awesome!!! Please keep me posted, or at least somewhere where I can keep posted, i.e. a link.[/b]

*blinks and rubs her eyes*

From the day that Oblivion was released to about ten minutes ago, I've been engrossed in Elderscrolls IV: Oblivion.

With the breaks I've had to take due to sleeping and using the facilities, I have been playing Oblivion for about three hours longer than I've ever played any game straight.

This game is the reason I ever bought a 360. Believe it or not, it makes the system worth it.

Oblivion is perhaps the best role playing game I've ever had the fortune of playing, and maybe even the best game I've EVER played. If nothing else, it's the game I've played longest.

If possible, you should all find some way to play it.

I just bought it yesterday for PC. Very lucky because all my friends tried today and it was completely sold out.. I have to say it's one of (if not the most) visually incredible games I've played and without a doubt it's at least one of the best RPGs ever. I think I might need more ram though, 512 can handle it but it isn't totally perfect.

I agree Tigress, this game is a must play.

I've always been a Silverball man, myself!

I like video games but I just never got attached to them like I did "Old Chicago" and "Pin-Bot". To me, it's like the difference between mink and polyester plush. Both are nice. And, if you look hard enough you can find some damn nice plush but there's just no substitute for the real McCoy!

The last console I owned was a Super Nintendo.

I used to work at F.A.O. Schwarz in the electronics & games department. I sold Nintendos to snotty rich kids. I got pretty good at "Double Dragon" and could beat about 80% of the people out there. (After all, I got PAID to play! 8) )

My best sales technique was to get some 10 year old kid who though he was a hot-shot and whoop his heiney all the way up until the last stage of the game. Then I'd lose on purpose. The crowd would cheer. The kid would gloat. High-Fives all around!

I would be smiling for the next 15 minutes while about 10 of those games flew off the shelf! I could ring $5,000 in one day just on video games alone, not including radio control cars and other stuff!

yay! sega made some great games for its systems, just another improvement to the promising Revolution. By the way, it's predicted/rumoured that the Rev will have a retail price of between 99 and 199 dollars.. Which is incredibly good for a new console,especially compared to the Xbox360 and the PS3 (which will probably be priced around $400+).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They've announced the Revolution's launch name: it will be known as the Wii (pronounced 'we'). I suspect the childish jokes will have already started

PS3, 1080P.. Xbox360 go to bed please.

Although the concept of the Wii-controller looks awesome with the gyro

Oh, and Final Fantasy 12 has release this year. Anyone else than me being totally psyched??

The Final Fantasy series of games is amongst my favorite series to have come out, and I've played them all rather vigorously (apart from that online farce Final Fantasy 11, but I'll keep quiet about THAT one *grumbles*).

The new one looks to be another leap ahead in Final Fantasy games, and I've got it reserved right now in the hopes I'll see it sometime soon.

I just hope it doesn't turn out to be another delayed game like Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess has become as it *should* have been out much sooner than it's coming now.

But, I must finish Oblivion first. It's turned into my favorite game to date.

I dont know if its just me, but final fanatsy, redient evil, medal of honour, silent hill etc etc are all fun BUT they all pale into insignificance next to the games that are unrivalled in terms of intellectual problem solving, but also have excitement and superb graphics, and have an iconic status that I dont think will rver be beaten.

They are simply NOT watered dpown for lowest common denominator consumption. At least they werent until the 4th one, which wasnt the same. I havent got the new one yet.

But the first three stand apart from all other games.

TOMB RAIDER deserves the crown. All others come nowhere near it.

Who can forget the end of game thing that kept pushing you off the edge

and you had to hang on by your fingertips and keep getting up and umloading your uzis into it thousands of times.

How many gave actually found all the secrets?

The platfrom fire and water on a timer things.

The mummys.

And Lara's pony tail, wriggling gently in the breeze as you looked down into some chasm.

The snowmobile (and Lara in a fur hood).

The speedboat in Venice.

Awesome.Unrivalled.

Come on guys....some of you can put Lara in a nice fur surely?

OK.. I just have to bury you on thisone....

Top 15 arguements that a Final Fantasy game beats any other.

1. Graphics. No one is even close to the CGI and gameplay enviroments FF can offer.

2. Play-time. With all dungeons, secrets, and side-quests, you can EASILY clock 180 hours+ with FF. (Normally you get 20 hours from a game)

3. Battle-system. Probably one of the most complex gaming battle-systems ever designed.

4. Storylines. Amazing, pulse-raising, tear-shedding stories.

5. Characters. Never seen any game go deeper into characters than FF.

6. Mini-games. Ever seen a minigame better than blitzball? I dare you ;p

7. Variety of monsters. From 10 HP to 80.000.000 HP. One boss can take hours to beat. Now thats a challenge

8. Riddles. FF offers simple and complex riddles. Try some of the harder sidequests for some real brain-damagers.

9. Depth. How many other games offer the possibilty to battle with A LOT of different styles? Everything from Aons, to swords, guns, magic, not to mention all the status-attacks/defences.

10. Character-building. I have yet to see a game more complex on character-building.

11. Roaming. You choose what you want to do. More or less nothing is impossible.

12. Ultimate weapons. To get one of these you have to pot in hours in the two-digit area. Meaning, being awesome in final fantasy is extremely hard.

13. Possibilites. You can choose if you want to play the game easily by just following the storyline, or super hardcore by taking on everything you want.

14. Visualisation. Ever seen a movie been made based on a game thats actually awesome? Rent Final Fantasy: Advent Children on dvd and get blown away.

15. Popularity. Best selling game ever. Period. No other game is even close to final fantasy on the sales-scale.

Comparing final fantasy to mdeal of honor and resident evil etc is an insult to the rpg genre.

It's like comparing Mozart or Beethoven to Britney Spears.

Sorry ToS, i love you, but you missed the bullseye here

I have played final fantasy and must diagree boys. I agree with everything you say about it and yes its great. Also the movies were excellent too. Really excellent.

However its not like comparing Mozart to Britney. More like comparing Marilyn Manson to Bauhaus, or Bauhaus to Bowie.

Without the first, you wouldnt have the other though one could easily say that the latter was more sophisticated.

Lara Croft, as Bowie, IS an icon. Final fantasy and Manson MAY become iconic.

Now I actually PREFER Manson to Bowie, and Bauhaus to Bowie. BUT without Bowie the other two wouldnt have existed.

Tomb Raider was an incredible accomplishment and I could say was ART with a capital A. Final Fanattsy is entertainment with more sophoicticated effects.

Maybe its like comparing Forbidden Planet to Star Trek.

I can't help myself, I just love arguing. *laughs*

Don't get me wrong, I love Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy, Medal of Honor, and a lot of other games, but I do have some contentions with Earendil's Final Fantasy arguments. *laughs*

For arguments sake:

1. Graphics. No one is even close to the CGI and gameplay enviroments FF can offer.

I've seen quite a few games beat both actually. For *their time* I would argue that the CGI and gameplay environments were better than quite a few of their contemporaries.

Since then, Final Fantasy X and XI *have* been visually trumped in my opinion. Resident Evil 4, the new Tomb Raider, Oblivion, and the newer end games easily beat the more static graphics of the earlier games.

They are different systems though, so my argument is a bit undercut.

2. Play-time. With all dungeons, secrets, and side-quests, you can EASILY clock 180 hours+ with FF. (Normally you get 20 hours from a game)

Depending on the skill of the player and game played/secrets unlocked, there are people who claim you can get anywhere from 60 hours and up from certain Final Fantasy games. I've never clocked 180 yet, but it's true that the game I've put the most hours into a single campaign was a Final Fantasy game. Oblivion will trump it soon if I don't beat it though.

3. Battle-system. Probably one of the most complex gaming battle-systems ever designed.

*laughs* Depending on the Final Fantasy game, you have menus taken nearly completely from other games (the earlier ones) or completely different than anything done before (arguably attributed to FFVII and on).

I believe the most cmplex Battle-systems come from Mech simulation games though. It's my opinion, but I can't even play them for their complexity.

4. Storylines. Amazing, pulse-raising, tear-shedding stories.

Depending on who you ask, the Lunar series was equally tear-shedding. I actually cried at times during the game, whereas I've only ever cried in a Final Fantasy game when Aeris died in FFVII. Complain about spoilers all you want. If you haven't played FFVII yet, I don't think you WILL play.

So there.

5. Characters. Never seen any game go deeper into characters than FF.

*grumble grumble* I agree. Hesitantly.

6. Mini-games. Ever seen a minigame better than blitzball? I dare you ;p

I HATE Blitzball. Now Chocobo raising...that was fun. :P

7. Variety of monsters. From 10 HP to 80.000.000 HP. One boss can take hours to beat. Now thats a challenge

Agreed.

8. Riddles. FF offers simple and complex riddles. Try some of the harder sidequests for some real brain-damagers.

Resident Evil has had some brain-damagers too, as well as Myst. I'd argue they're equally as hard or harder.

9. Depth. How many other games offer the possibilty to battle with A LOT of different styles? Everything from Aons, to swords, guns, magic, not to mention all the status-attacks/defences.

Other games have done it since, but FF did seem to start the trend. Point to Earendil. *laughs*

10. Character-building. I have yet to see a game more complex on character-building.

Though it's arguably single player building, play Oblivion. I've encountered NOTHING more complex. The choices are brain numbing.

11. Roaming. You choose what you want to do. More or less nothing is impossible.

Elder Scrolls games do it better, in my opinion, as there is no story apart from what you choose to do.

12. Ultimate weapons. To get one of these you have to pot in hours in the two-digit area. Meaning, being awesome in final fantasy is extremely hard.

The "ultimate weapon" I've used in FF was Knights of the Round, which wasn't hard to come by incidentally. If you're talking about personal weapons, though, it's arguable that other games are equally as hard.

13. Possibilites. You can choose if you want to play the game easily by just following the storyline, or super hardcore by taking on everything you want.

Elder Scroll games do it too. And better, in my opinion.

14. Visualisation. Ever seen a movie been made based on a game thats actually awesome? Rent Final Fantasy: Advent Children on dvd and get blown away. [/i]

There are plenty of photo real games these days, Gran Turismo was pretty good, Burnout is really good visuals wise.

15. Popularity. Best selling game ever. Period. No other game is even close to final fantasy on the sales-scale.

In Japan, Dragon Warrior has blown Final Fantasy out of the water with every game it's made.

In America, Final Fantasy *IS* the dominant series.

I'm not sure about other countries.

Just arguing for the sake of argument, in any case. You DO have some really good points though and you swayed me a few times.

Good list Earendil!

Kate