The very big questionnaire.

Francoise1970

What is your name? frugalfurguy

Age? 42

In which country and town do you live?

Which profession do you have? Customer Service, Tinker, Loafer

Are you married or living together, etc.? Single

Since when do you love fur? My guess age 3 or 4

What was the trigger to start your furlove? Not sure I remember. Some early memories women with mink stoles at church, a faux fur jacket I never saw my mother wear but that hung in a closet, a sealskin purse my sister had and whose metal clasp I tore off because it was such a cold hard insult to the fur.

Do you consider yourself as a fetishist? confirmed

Do you love real fur or fake or both? Fake works only so long as it fakes me out

Do you collect furs?

How many fur items do you own? 3

Which items? blue fox collar likely stripped from old cloth coat, mink stole, and nutria jacket

What is your favorite fur type? red fox Fur item? full-length coats, stoles, boas, blankets

What is the value of your fur collection?

Where do you buy your furs? thrift and antique stores and once online

Is your collection growing or do you sell sometimes?

How do you use your furs? Wearing or in other ways? I wear only privately, but snuggling with is equally pleasing as wearing

When and where do you wear your furs? at home

Do you live in a 'fur country' or an 'anti fur country'? hard to say

How many people know about your furlove? counting those online could be in the hundreds

Does your partner share your love of fur? No such person

How is her or his reaction about this love? N/A

Stimulate your partner this fur love? N/A

Does your family know about your fur love? yes

Did your mother or sister had a fur coat? mother kept two coats with fur trims, but I never saw her wear them. She also had a faux seal lined coat. Sister had sealskin purse mentioned above.

Are there other furlovers in your surroundings? Don't know why some people I know of wear fur, so maybe.

Do they wear fur too? See next above

Which aspect of fur do you love most? fur offers so many avenues of pleasure, not only the obvious touch and sight. There's the way it embraces and remembers aromas. It even has accoustic properties like the snowy whoosh when you fluff it over a bed or sofa. Know of a room that echoes a lot? Try walking into it with a fur, and the echo flees. For me fur is a spectacular synthesis of sensations, and it's that totallity I find least resistable.

Which furs do you prefer: from the wild or farmed? Why? wild connects me with functioning biological communities, farmed with agribusiness--still, ask me to volunteer for either death, and to say the least I'm going to resist

Do you think the animals are treated humanly in the farms? No way to be certain.

Do you think the harvest of wild furs happens in a correct way? There's no pretty way to kill and skin a fur-bearing animal.

Do you care about this? Yes

Do you feel guilty about your furlove? I accept it. I'm puzzled by it, embarrassed at times. But I don't want to throw my life away in a guilt gutter. My relationship with fur is complicated.

Do you feel sorry for the animal who has to give his fur? I feel grateful for what they contribute. I feel humbled. I feel inspired to give back as best I might with my little supply of courage.

Did you ever kill an animal for its fur? No.

Are you feeling guilty for your surroundings to be a fetishist? For many years I lived in shame. There was a general shame for having desires that were so deviant from those I was aware of all around me. There was also the particular shame because I'd eroticized fur, and I was surrounded by many people to whom there could be no greater evil than to kill a cute critter and wear its skin.

How did you handle that? Lots of therapy, learning to share what's going on for me emotionally with others, learning to accept others and my own weaknesses.

How many hours are you at Thefurden? sporadically, maybe 6-8 hours a week.

How many topics did you started there? Don't know

Do you have other fur clubs besides Thefurden? yes

Do you use a messenger to talk with other furlovers? no

How many people are in your messenger list? n/a

And with how many do you have a regular contact? n/a

For how many time? n/a

Do you talk about fur or do you talk about other things besides fur? n/a

About which aspects do you talk when you talk about fur? Fashion or other? n/a

Was you ever contacted by anti fur people? Yes. There was someone circulating a petition to ban leg-hold traps among other provisions. I felt a twinge of attraction towards this young woman. After all she seemed to represent that kind of virtuous woman I thought would have pleased my parents; one who would hate furs and hate me for loving them. At the same time I'd come far enough in my therapy that I could sidestep my misdirected attraction.

How did you handle this? I told her I'd have to talk to her more. That's all she needed to hear, since she was out to get signatures, not hear possible objections to the measure she wanted to get on the ballot.

Do you have any remarks by this very big questionaire? Thanks for setting us up for sharing what life's like as fur fetishists and other fur lovers.

frugalfurguy

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Francoise1970

• coyote 1

• White Fox

• frugalfurguy

What is your name? Jean

Age? 51

In which country and town do you live? Paris, France

Which profession do you have? marketing consultant

Are you married or living together, etc.? Married

Since when do you love fur? Since my Childhood

What was the trigger to start your furlove? Mom 's furs I guess

Do you consider yourself as a fetishist? Yes

Do you love real fur or fake or both? Only real

Do you collect furs? Yes

How many fur items do you own? Quite a few, but never enough

Which items? Coat, vest, boa stole, shocker, shawl,cover etc

What is your favorite fur type? Long hair furs. Fur item? pair of silverfox fur

What is the value of your fur collection? priceless for me, not so much in real

Where do you buy your furs? Furriers, ebay, flea market

Is your collection growing or do you sell sometimes? rarely

How do you use your furs? Wearing or in other ways? wearing and playing

When and where do you wear your furs? Winter skis

Do you live in a 'fur country' or an 'anti fur country'? A little bit of both(Peta is not very activ here, but we have Brigitte Bardot...)

How many people know about your furlove? closed friends

Does your partner share your love of fur? She's tolerante

How is her or his reaction about this love? A touch of understanding & a touch of jealousy

Stimulate your partner this fur love? Sometimes

Does your family know about your fur love? I guess so

Did your mother or sister had a fur coat? Yes

Are there other furlovers in your surroundings? On the net

Do they wear fur too? I hope so

Which aspect of fur do you love most? Fur because it's fur !

Which furs do you prefer: from the wild or farmed? Either Why?

Do you think the animals are treated humanly in the farms? Probably, I'm sure the best pelts come from the best treated animals.

Do you think the harvest of wild furs happens in a correct way? Yes and I have the deepest respect for all these "natives" who tried to maintain there traditional and natural way of living

Do you care about this? I care that the so called civilisation is reducing and destroying all the beauty & wilderness of nature

Do you feel guilty about your furlove? NO, I'm proud of it

Do you feel sorry for the animal who has to give his fur? No, I'm just gratefull to Mother Nature for creating such beauties

Did you ever kill an animal for its fur? No

Are you feeling guilty for your surroundings to be a fetishist? No

How did you handle that?

How many hours are you at Thefurden? Too little time unfortunatly

How many topics did you started there? very few, my english is poor

Do you have other fur clubs besides Thefurden? yes

Do you use a messenger to talk with other furlovers? Rarely, but i've got to find some time

How many people are in your messenger list?

And with how many do you have a regular contact?

For how many time?

Do you talk about fur or do you talk about other things besides fur?

About which aspects do you talk when you talk about fur? Fashion or other? both

Was you ever contacted by anti fur people? No apart on TV program

How did you handle this? Just changed channel...

Do you have any remarks by this very big questionaire? Thank you for the job

What is your name? Derek (male)

Age? 37

In which country and town do you live? Canada

Which profession do you have? Master cabinet maker

Are you married or living together, etc.? Single

Since when do you love fur? 5

What was the trigger to start your furlove?

Do you consider yourself as a fetishist? yes

Do you love real fur or fake or both? real

Do you collect furs? no

How many fur items do you own? none

Which items? none

What is your favorite fur type? Fur item? Fox, long fox coats

What is the value of your fur collection? N/A

Where do you buy your furs? N/A

Is your collection growing or do you sell sometimes? N/A

How do you use your furs? Wearing or in other ways?I prefer my Partner to wear fur during sex

When and where do you wear your furs? I don't

Do you live in a 'fur country' or an 'anti fur country'? fur country

How many people know about your furlove? not many

Does your partner share your love of fur? use to, now im single

How is her or his reaction about this love? she was into it

Stimulate your partner this fur love?

Does your family know about your fur love? not that I know of

Did your mother or sister had a fur coat? Rabbit jacket

Are there other furlovers in your surroundings? I'm sure there are

Do they wear fur too? N/A

Which aspect of fur do you love most? The softness

Which furs do you prefer: from the wild or farmed? Why? Don't know

Do you think the animals are treated humanly in the farms?Don't know

Do you think the harvest of wild furs happens in a correct way? Don't know

Do you care about this? yes

Do you feel guilty about your furlove? no

Do you feel sorry for the animal who has to give his fur? yes

Did you ever kill an animal for its fur? no

Are you feeling guilty for your surroundings to be a fetishist?no

How did you handle that?

How many hours are you at Thefurden? a few

How many topics did you started there? a few

Do you have other fur clubs besides Thefurden? no

How many people are in your messenger list? 15

And with how many do you have a regular contact? 5

For how many time?

Do you talk about fur or do you talk about other things besides fur? other things

About which aspects do you talk when you talk about fur? Fashion or other?

Was you ever contacted by anti fur people?no

How did you handle this?Very well[/b]

It is always a joy to be at Thefurden. It is one big family and I think it is nice to know each other better. So I have made this questionnaire.

May be there are some questions which you do not want to answer. Those questions are to ignore. And when you have a supplement, you are free to add.

You can fill in by copy and paste.

Let's start and have fun!

Francoise.

What is your name? Freddy

Age? 23

In which country and town do you live? Germany

Which profession do you have? Learning a Profession

Are you married or living together, etc.? Single (and looking )

Since when do you love fur? as long as I can remember

What was the trigger to start your furlove? Probably teh furs of my grandma

Do you consider yourself as a fetishist? Not sure yet

Do you love real fur or fake or both? prefer real

Do you collect furs? yes

How many fur items do you own? about 20

Which items? mostly pelts but also jackets and coats

What is your favorite fur type? Fur item? I love Fox, but as long as it looks good, I don't really care. dont like dog fur

What is the value of your fur collection? don't know realy

Where do you buy your furs? Internet

Is your collection growing or do you sell sometimes? Growing and growing

How do you use your furs? Wearing or in other ways? Don't wear them too much but do lots of other things with them

When and where do you wear your furs?

Do you live in a 'fur country' or an 'anti fur country'? fur country

How many people know about your furlove? 3

Does your partner share your love of fur? last girlfriend broke up (antifur)

How is her or his reaction about this love?

Stimulate your partner this fur love?

Does your family know about your fur love? not thtat I know

Did your mother or sister had a fur coat? no

Are there other furlovers in your surroundings? I hope so

Do they wear fur too?

Which aspect of fur do you love most? Mostly the feeling and the look

Which furs do you prefer: from the wild or farmed? Why? Don't really care, the mutations come from farms; good to have them

Do you think the animals are treated humanly in the farms? yes, the pelt quality wouldn't be good if it wasn't so

Do you think the harvest of wild furs happens in a correct way? yes, same reason as on farms

Do you care about this? sometimes i do, but when I see a beautiful fur... I don't think about it anymore

Do you feel guilty about your furlove? no

Do you feel sorry for the animal who has to give his fur? no, they are farmed like pigs and cows to be used

Did you ever kill an animal for its fur? no

Are you feeling guilty for your surroundings to be a fetishist? no, it's hard, but no

How did you handle that?

How many hours are you at Thefurden? 10 minutes a day

How many topics did you started there? none (sorry for that)

Do you have other fur clubs besides Thefurden? yahoo groups

How many people are in your messenger list? none

And with how many do you have a regular contact? none

For how many time?

Was you ever contacted by anti fur people? yes, my ex girlfriend

How did you handle this? try to argue

Do you have any remarks by this very big questionaire? thanks for starting this

This is becoming more and more illuminating.

there ares ome similarities recurring. mainly the fact that we all almost began our interest as children, "prgrammed" if you like by women around us...mothers, aunts, teachers.

OMG there is going to be a (bleagh!) polar fleece and training shoe fetish down the line. Hah they will get their comeuppance when it is shown once and for all how environmentally destructive all that crap is. Then it will be their turn to hide in the shadows, and ours to celebrate.

Interesting that point. Do women realise that they are responsible for programming us with "desirable" models for attraction? That is intriguing. I think that they do....though it isn't allowed to talk about it probably...but food for thought. Shame because I think it is healthy and natural as long as there isn't interference. In fact, I believe they have an OBLIGATION to look at their most glamorous and feminine when around boys so they grow up knowing what they should be attracted to.

I used to be fascinated by my mother and aunts getting ready to go our. The false eyelashes were always interesting as they transformed normal looking women into sex ocons for a young boy! Then the furs and gloves used to make my heart pound. I guess that is why some boys end up becoming TG etc as they watched such ritual and as it is no longer around everywhere they recreate it? They are often the guardians of femine Art. In France, and primitive sociteies...that is recognised.

http://www.onlyfetishphotos.com/

Then of course there are fashion designers, showgirls and dominatrixes who try to recapture what has been lost. They are the people who transfer culture across a generation tha as lost it. They are the high priets of femininty.

But all their lessons were learned in childhood. And there is nothing wrong with that...in fact it is probably because they were NOT interfered with that they/we admire it , often from afar and voyeuristically, so much.

I still feel robbed though that I couldn't shag my teacher in her furs when I was about 12 lol! She knew though...of that much I am sure.

Anyway...I digress.

the other interesting things are differences. For example over whether we care or not for animal welfare.

I personally and others do..and others do not care. Strangely,there is a note of definace among some that suggests to me that actually they DO feel guilt. I do not. And I don't understand why those people don't look at a fur farm...online if not in reality. Without knowing or caring what it is you have then it is sad. It stops the prode that we have as a species felt at wearing furs for hundreds of thousands of years.

There are lots of other issues too that this has raised. Like others knowing, like lovers not being interested (what the hell are you doing with them I know dozens of amazing girls gagging to be wrapped in furs...but maybe Britain was always going to be the start of the backlash....and their men too tight to buy them!)

Lots and lots of interesting stuff to talk about. but we need everyone to contribute to get a bigger picture.

If you are a newbie or a lurker now is your time to come our! You will feel so, so much happier when you do.

What is your name? Too dangerous to mention this in Holland.

Age? 46

In which country and town do you live? In the midst of The Netherlands

Which profession do you have? Care (soft sector, joke)

Since when do you love fur? 1964

What was the trigger to start your furlove? I saw when I was playing in the snow a woman on a bycicle wearing a black furcoat. On the back she had a childseat. It gave me butterflies in the stummag

Do you love real fur or fake or both? I love real fur better though my first coat was fake.

Do you collect furs? yes

How many fur items do you own? 6 real coats 2 fake 4 rugs and a fox.

Which items? Like I said

What is your favorite fur type? Fur item? Mink for the feeling and fox for the way it looks.

What is the value of your fur collection? For me very much but in reality about six hundred euro's

Where do you buy your furs? second hand shop, ikea, ebay mountain passes in europe, marktplaats.

Is your collection growing or do you sell sometimes? Growing, I do not sell, only frow them away if the quality is getting really bad.

How do you use your furs? Wearing or in other ways? Seeing my wife wearing it. Feeling it and wearing indoors.

When and where do you wear your furs? Real ones in the sleeping room. The fake one gets worn outside.

Do you live in a 'fur country' or an 'anti fur country'? A still producing anti fur country I would say.

How many people know about your furlove? 5 for certain.

Does your partner share your love of fur? She wears fur for me in the bedroom but has not the fetish feeling.

How is her or his reaction about this love? She sees it as something that is part of me.

Stimulate your partner this fur love? Yes though I have to buy the coats and she won't wear real fur in the streets.

Does your family know about your fur love? Not the extremity about it.

Did your mother or sister had a fur coat? Yes both

Are there other furlovers in your surroundings? Not that I know of.Do they wear fur too? No not complete real furcoats.

Which aspect of fur do you love most? It looks very sensual to me and I love to feel fur.

Which furs do you prefer: from the wild or farmed? Why? I love the idea of hunting but have learned now that fur which is bred is of better quality.

Do you think the animals are treated humanly in the farms? Not human for part of the population, human for an other part, have not really an opinion.

Do you think the harvest of wild furs happens in a correct way? The way the indians and eskimo's use to do it is correct I think.

Do you care about this? I think the dedication of Indians and Eskimo's how to live from and look after their own envirnment is a good example for us all.

Do you feel guilty about your furlove? Why should I feel guilty? Is fur forbidden? It can work addictive and that is less nice.

Do you feel sorry for the animal who has to give his fur? Do I feel sorry for all the people killed in wars or in street violence or traffic accidents or terrorist attacks, no not really, we have mechanisms to put such things away else we would not be able to live. I feel sorry for an animal in a cage, it's killing must be a sort of relieve.

Did you ever kill an animal for its fur? No only for food

Are you feeling guilty for your surroundings to be a fetishist? No not quilty, more excited because so many people are against it so it is very exciting to have a furfetish at least in Holland.

How did you handle that? Keep it mainly to myself I guess.

How many hours are you at Thefurden? a few hours a month

How many topics did you started there? 3 or 4

Do you have other fur clubs besides Thefurden? Yes and again man are very muchoriented on the visiual aspect of fur so we want to see fur in fashion, in sex in movies in music clips, though I don't want to pay for a club.

Do you use a messenger to talk with other furlovers? yes

30 but regular contact with about six

And with how many do you have a regular contact? like I said one to six.

For how many time? You tell me, I don't count the time, I guess sometimes 6 hours a week.

Do you talk about fur or do you talk about other things besides fur? With men it is very sexual orientated and with women it is more on bases of social issues and fur as well.

About which aspects do you talk when you talk about fur? Fashion or other? All aspects of fur, fashion, sensuality, sexuality, power, hunting, farming, the proces of preparing fur to use it for fur items. Very interesting. Sometimes kind of roleplay.

Was you ever contacted by anti fur people? No but I know a few colleagues who are antifur, but do wear fakefur.

How did you handle this? Not

Dear Francoise a long questionair, but tell me are you going to study them en give us a conclusion in the end. Would be nice to cathegorize ways of furfetish and to make some conclusions, why else making a questionair.

Good luck with working it all out.

the other interesting things are differences. For example over whether we care or not for animal welfare.

I personally and others do..and others do not care. Strangely,there is a note of definace among some that suggests to me that actually they DO feel guilt. I do not. And I don't understand why those people don't look at a fur farm...online if not in reality. Without knowing or caring what it is you have then it is sad. It stops the prode that we have as a species felt at wearing furs for hundreds of thousands of years.

Why should we take a look at a fur farm?

I am a curious girl so I certainly would love to take a look at a fur farm and preferably in pelting time. I want to know everything about this fantastic material and the harvesting of those pelts belongs to it.

What is your name? Simon.

Age? 36.

In which country and town do you live? West Berkshire, UK.

Which profession do you have? Sales Assistant.

Are you married or living together, etc.? Single.

Since when do you love fur? The 'seed' was planted when i was 6, but it only properly 'bloomed' 10-11 years later.

What was the trigger to start your furlove? Watching The Pink Panther Strikes Again in the cinema. My parents had been divorced since i was very young, too young in fact to remember living with Mum as i was living with Dad & his parents. So i when saw Olga hug Clouseau to her naked chest while wearing that wonderful Coyote coat, it looked maternal enough to fill that emotional/psychological hole i had been missing in my upbringing. (Of course i didn't work this out until many years later. A shrink would have a field day with me ) So i thought "I'll have some of that."

Do you consider yourself as a fetishist? Yes.

Do you love real fur or fake or both? Both, if the fakery is convincing enough.

Do you collect furs? Not as such, no.

How many fur items do you own? Two fake Jackets.

Which items? See above.

What is your favorite fur type? Fur item? Full-Length Russian Lynx coat please.

What is the value of your fur collection? Errr...well it's priceless, of course

Where do you buy your furs? eBay.

Is your collection growing or do you sell sometimes? Neither, it's stagnant dear boy.

How do you use your furs? Wearing or in other ways? Both, in that i wear my fav & (ab)use the other.

When and where do you wear your furs? Always indoors whenever it's cold enough outside.

Do you live in a 'fur country' or an 'anti fur country'? Nationally, we're probably just leaning to anti-fur. Locally 'tho, people aren't too bothered one or the other i think.

How many people know about your furlove? Two.

Does your partner share your love of fur? N/A.

How is her or his reaction about this love? N/A.

Stimulate your partner this fur love? Huh??

Does your family know about your fur love? My brother found out a few years back when he discovered my Fur Scrapbooks, but it's possible he's forgotten about it.

Did your mother or sister had a fur coat? No and definitely not as my step-sister is a Goth, but my Aunt once had a sheepskin coat i admired.

Are there other furlovers in your surroundings? Not that i know of.

Do they wear fur too? Ditto.

Which aspect of fur do you love most? The softness, the glamour & the way it can ratchet up a woman's attractiveness tenfold.

Which furs do you prefer: from the wild or farmed? Why? I'm not too bothered either way.

Do you think the animals are treated humanly in the farms? In most cases.

Do you think the harvest of wild furs happens in a correct way? See above.

Do you care about this? Not really.

Do you feel guilty about your furlove? Nope.

Do you feel sorry for the animal who has to give his fur? If i did that, next, i'd feel sorry for the dead animals/fishes/birdies that find their way onto my plate and then i'd turn veggie. So, no.

Did you ever kill an animal for its fur? No.

Are you feeling guilty for your surroundings to be a fetishist? No.

How did you handle that? N/A.

How many hours are you at Thefurden? Not as much as i would like.

How many topics did you started there? A few, i think.

Do you have other fur clubs besides Thefurden? Own/Mod, no. Use & frequent, plenty yeah.

Do you use a messenger to talk with other furlovers? Used to, but gave it up. Always seemed to want attention, when i couldn't give it.

How many people are in your messenger list? N/A.

And with how many do you have a regular contact? N/A.

For how many time? N/A.

Do you talk about fur or do you talk about other things besides fur? N/A.

About which aspects do you talk when you talk about fur? Fashion or other? N/A.

Was you ever contacted by anti fur people? No.

How did you handle this? Didn't have to.

Do you have any remarks by this very big questionaire? Not really.

Real goths are into fur. Miss T and I and my girlf for starters. I dare say there are a few others here from that kind of background. Did you not see the post of daniel Ash in fox I made last week?

Sp maybe your sister is not as anti as you think. I have had lots of goths inrto fur fetishistically and for fashion. What kind of vampire would a vegan be anyway lol! Yep' a poser.

Sorry' I just thought I would pick you up on that Simon

Holland huh?

Getting a fascist country it seems.

Strong anti fur and now they ban the burkha. Worrying.

I myself have nothing against a burkha, as long as they are made of fur.

Did your mother or sister had a fur coat? No and definitely not as my step-sister is a Goth....

Well OK, maybe i shouldn't have put 'definitely', but the only reason i mentioned her is that she has worn black everything and very little make-up for as long as i can remember.

Although i can't say what her musical tastes are and i don't know what her views are on Fur. Even 'tho i only see her once or twice a year, she does form my sole personal experience of Goths.

It's possible she doesn't consider herself to be one, in which case i'd think it would best to just disregard all but the first word of that reply.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, my turn to post the list!

What is your name? Maarten

Age? 29

In which country and town do you live? Rotterdam, The Netherlands

Which profession do you have? I

What is your name? FrBrGr

Age? Old enough to be "Daddy" to most of you . . . !

In which country and town do you live? Near Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Which profession do you have? Educator

Are you married or living together, etc.? Married - to "Foxy Red"

Since when do you love fur? Since childhood

What was the trigger to start your furlove? Negative parental influence

Do you love real fur or fake or both? Real

Do you collect furs? Yes

How many fur items do you own? Too many to count

Which items? Coats, jackets, scarves, hats, mittens

What is your favorite fur type? Fur item? Blue fox - Several items

What is the value of your fur collection? Undetermined

Where do you buy your furs? Mostly via eBay & second-hand stores

Is your collection growing or do you sell sometimes? I have never sold!

How do you use your furs? Wearing or in other ways? Mostly for "play"

When and where do you wear your furs? Mostly to work

Do you live in a 'fur country' or an 'anti fur country'? The US is becoming more fur friendly - Thank God!

How many people know about your furlove? Outside of this community, just my wife.

Does your partner share your love of fur? For fashion, yes. Fetish, no

How is her or his reaction about this love? Supportive; tolerant

Stimulate your partner this fur love? Sometimes, yes

Does your family know about your fur love? Just my wife

Did your mother or sister had a fur coat? No

Are there other furlovers in your surroundings? Just my wife

Do they wear fur too? Yes

Which aspect of fur do you love most? Its warmth, beauty, softness and erotic nature

Which furs do you prefer: from the wild or farmed? Why? Doesn't matter

Do you think the animals are treated humanly in the farms? Yes

Do you think the harvest of wild furs happens in a correct way? With some exceptions, yes

Do you care about this? I don't really give it much thought

Do you feel guilty about your furlove? No

Do you feel sorry for the animal who has to give his fur? No

How did you handle that? Positive support from The Fur Den and other online fur communities

How many hours are you at Thefurden? It varies, but on average, about an hour a day

How many topics did you started there? With 2500 posts, probably a lot!

Do you have other fur clubs besides Thefurden? Not really

Do you use a messenger to talk with other furlovers? No

How many people are in your messenger list? N/A

And with how many do you have a regular contact? N/A

For how many time? N/A

Do you talk about fur or do you talk about other things besides fur? N/A

About which aspects do you talk when you talk about fur? Fashion or other? N/A

Was you ever contacted by anti fur people? Believe it or not - Only once!

How did you handle this? Positive behavior modification

Do you have any remarks by this very big questionaire? No

What is your name? Richard (Ricky)

Age? 28

In which country and town do you live? Ontario, Canada

Which profession do you have? Student

Are you married or living together, etc.? I have a girlfriend

Since when do you love fur? Since I can remember

What was the trigger to start your furlove? That I can't remember

Do you love real fur or fake or both? I prefer real

Do you collect furs? I try to

How many fur items do you own? 5

Which items? mainly coats

What is your favorite fur type? Fur item? I love blue fox accessories

What is the value of your fur collection? ?

Where do you buy your furs? ebay, I buy only used items from furriers

Is your collection growing or do you sell sometimes? i keep them all

How do you use your furs? Wearing or in other ways? other ways

When and where do you wear your furs? I don't wear it

Do you live in a 'fur country' or an 'anti fur country'? Fur country

How many people know about your furlove? 1, and all of you

Does your partner share your love of fur? not as passionate I don't think

How is her or his reaction about this love? Accepting

Stimulate your partner this fur love? I don't think so

Does your family know about your fur love? No

Are there other furlovers in your surroundings? Likely

Do they wear fur too? Good chance

Which aspect of fur do you love most? The whole package

Which furs do you prefer: from the wild or farmed? Why? No perference

Do you think the animals are treated humanly in the farms? Not likely

Do you think the harvest of wild furs happens in a correct way?

They are killed for their skins...is this ethically correct? We may be able to discuss this all day. I have seen a trapline first hand. They are effective, so in that way they are correct.

Do you care about this? It is a concern

Do you feel guilty about your furlove? At times

Do you feel sorry for the animal who has to give his fur? I am grateful.

Did you ever kill an animal for its fur? Not for fur, but for food yes.

How did you handle that?

How many hours are you at Thefurden? 5/week

How many topics did you started there? One (sorry!)

Do you have other fur clubs besides Thefurden? Sadly no

Do you use a messenger to talk with other furlovers? No

And with how many do you have a regular contact?

For how many time?

Was you ever contacted by anti fur people? No

How did you handle this? No

Do you have any remarks by this very big questionaire?

I was happy to fill it out. thanks for your time.

At my age I normally ask the questions

What is your name? ANNON

Age? 70 (just turning)

In which country and town do you live? Upper lefthand corner. (close to Seatle, PC Capital of the world)

Which profession do you have? Architect.

Are you married or living together, etc.? Single and solo.

Since when do you love fur? Forever (memories from 18 mo.)

What was the trigger to start your furlove? FUR of course

Do you love real fur or fake or both?

Do you collect furs? Yes.

How many fur items do you own? Lost count.

Which items? Useful ones

What is your favorite fur type? Lynx, Sable, Foxes, sheared beaver etc. and just about any other.

Fur item? Coats, spreads, pillows .. useful items.

What is the value of your fur collection? NoyB

Where do you buy your furs? eBay mostly.

Is your collection growing or do you sell sometimes? Yes to both.

How do you use your furs? Wearing or in other ways? Yes

When and where do you wear your furs? Every day, every where weather permitting.

Do you live in a 'fur country' or an 'anti fur country'? PC but not anti.

How many people know about your furlove? One or two like here but all who see me wear fur can draw their own conclusion.

Does your partner share your love of fur? Sadly I don't have a partner.

X

X

X

Does your family know about your fur love? Most are dead that did.

Did your mother or sister had a fur coat? Aunt

Are there other furlovers in your surroundings? Not to my knowledge.

Do they wear fur too?

Which aspect of fur do you love most? All aspects.

Which furs do you prefer: from the wild or farmed? Why? All fur.

Do you think the animals are treated humanly in the farms? Yes.

Do you think the harvest of wild furs happens in a correct way? Yes.

Do you care about this? Yes. It just makes good sense.

Do you feel guilty about your furlove? Not in the least.

Do you feel sorry for the animal who has to give his fur? No more than the cow I eat for dinner.

Did you ever kill an animal for its fur? Trapped Muskrat as a kid for money.

Are you feeling guilty for your surroundings to be a fetishist? I use to but no longer.

How did you handle that? This Forum was instrumental in my 'adjustment':D

How many hours are you at Thefurden? Since I'm a Mod. an hour or two a day.

How many topics did you started there? Lost track

Do you have other fur clubs besides Thefurden? No time for others though I visit a few.

Do you use a messenger to talk with other furlovers? Not very much.

How many people are in your messenger list? Half a dozen.

And with how many do you have a regular contact? Half a dozen.

For how many time? Not sure?

Do you talk about fur or do you talk about other things besides fur? Mostly fur.

Was you ever contacted by anti fur people? No.

How did you handle this? X

OFF

Well it is about time i will answer this...

What is your name? Eliav

Age? 34

In which country and town do you live? Israel

Which profession do you have? Hi-Tech

Since when do you love fur? Since the age of 9

What was the trigger to start your furlove? Can't remember but it was the 80'es and a lot of furs were in the street so maybe on of them... Do you consider yourself as a fetishist? Yes

Do you love real fur or fake or both? Only real

Do you collect furs? Yes

How many fur items do you own? 8 (all of them for wife)

Which items? 7 coats, and one boa

What is your favorite fur type? Fur item? Golden island and red blue or sliver fox, and I have a weakness for complete fox or mink boas (with head, claws and tails)

What is the value of your fur collection? Too much

Where do you buy your furs? Second hand, local ebay

Is your collection growing or do you sell sometimes? Growing

How do you use your furs? Wearing or in other ways? ? The wife wear them in winter and mainly abroad (but we use the boa for play)

When and where do you wear your furs? only the wife

Do you live in a 'fur country' or an 'anti fur country'? Anti fur

How many people know about your furlove? My wife and people on the internet

Does your partner share your love of fur? No

How is her or his reaction about this love? She thinks it is enough to buy her one coat and that's all

Stimulate your partner this fur love? No

Does your family know about your fur love? No

Are there other furlovers in your surroundings? No

Do they wear fur too? No

Which aspect of fur do you love most? I love it that for my woman animals have to be killed, the look and feel, the smell and the softness

Which furs do you prefer: from the wild or farmed? Why? Both

Do you think the animals are treated humanly in the farms? o.k.

Do you think the harvest of wild furs happens in a correct way? Yes

Do you care about this? No

Do you feel sorry for the animal who has to give his fur? No

How did you handle that?

How many hours are you at Thefurden? About 4 a week

How many topics did you started there? Several

Do you have other fur clubs besides Thefurden? No

Do you use a messenger to talk with other furlovers? Yes

How many people are in your messenger list? 20

And with how many do you have a regular contact? About 7

For how many time? 3 hours a week

Do you talk about fur or do you talk about other things besides fur? Most of the time about fur

About which aspects do you talk when you talk about fur? Fashion or other? All aspects

Was you ever contacted by anti fur people? No

How did you handle this?

Do you have any remarks by this very big questionaire?

What is your name?

Mr Beaverlamb

Age?

In which country and town do you live?

London, United Kingdom

Which profession do you have?

Government finance

Are you married or living together, etc.?

Married

Since when do you love fur?

From the age of about 5

What was the trigger to start your furlove?

My mother

What is your name? melbmarco[/b]

Age? 47

In which country and town do you live? Melbourne Aus

Which profession do you have? Manager

Since when do you love fur? Younger than 10.

What was the trigger to start your furlove? Mohair oddly enough.

Do you love real fur or fake or both? Both

Do you collect furs? Yes

How many fur items do you own? Over 30

Which items? Sheepskin Alpaca, Fox, Faux Fur - lots, Mohair - lots, Angora - lots, Opossum.

What is your favorite fur type? Fur item? A shaggy faux fur coat

What is the value of your fur collection? Priceless

Where do you buy your furs? On line

Is your collection growing or do you sell sometimes? Growing

How do you use your furs? Wearing or in other ways? Both

When and where do you wear your furs? Home and out

Do you live in a 'fur country' or an 'anti fur country'? Not many people wear fur, but I would not say it is anti fur here.

How many people know about your furlove? My wige is the only person who knows my full fur love

Does your partner share your love of fur? No

How is her or his reaction about this love? She limits my excesses

Stimulate your partner this fur love? No

Does your family know about your fur love? not really

Did your mother or sister had a fur coat? Mum

Are there other furlovers in your surroundings? I wish there were

Do they wear fur too? n/a

Which aspect of fur do you love most? Feel, look, sexiness. warmth

Which furs do you prefer: from the wild or farmed? Why? whatever is not harmful to the animal

Do you think the animals are treated humanly in the farms? depends on the farm and the animal.

Do you think the harvest of wild furs happens in a correct way? Yes and No

Do you care about this? YES.

Do you feel sorry for the animal who has to give his fur? As long as it humane - then no.

Did you ever kill an animal for its fur? Never.

How did you handle that? n/a

How many hours are you at Thefurden? 1-2 hours pw

How many topics did you started there? None in the current site. About 20 in the old site.

Do you have other fur clubs besides Thefurden? No

Do you use a messenger to talk with other furlovers? Not yet

How many people are in your messenger list? n/a

And with how many do you have a regular contact? n/a

For how many time?

Was you ever contacted by anti fur people? no

How did you handle this?

Do you have any remarks by this very big questionaire? thanks

I am 24 years old

And live in Stockholm, Sweden

I am primarily a student, but have my own company for some business in my spare time.

I have a girlfriend (that does not know about my love for fur, but I expect her to find out soon) that stays at my place most of the time.

I have loved fur since I was younger than 3 years old, although that is my first memory of acting on it.

I have no clue about what the trigger could have been.

I see fur as a spice in the sex life, not a necessity, why I am not sure that I shall consider myself a fetishist.

I only love real fur, fake fur is not nearly as soft or beautiful.

I do collect furs,

and own about 4 coats, quite a few accessories (some of which start to belong more to my girlfriend than me), a fox piece spread that I made myself, and a few very soft lamb skins.

My favourite fur type is fox, particularly silver, blue and golden island - and the variants of the first two. My dream is a king size bed spread, but favourite fur item to be worn by my girlfriend would be a 3/4 length mink coat.

I estimate the value of my furs to be somewhere between 600 and 1200 US. I have bought all of them at fantastic prices on the second hand market.

So far my collection has been growing constantly. However, I plan to get rid of a coyote coat that I never really liked.

The only fur I normally use is the spread, and that is only during the winter. I have used the others for play, but when I have a girlfriend there is no need... when I am home alone in the winter, I use one blue fox coat inside out to keep warm in the mornings.

I live in Sweden, which at the moment has to be considered a fur country.

I think that only 3 people know about my furlove, and my girlfriend is finding out as I write this... She has started to point out furs in the street as well as in media, and we are looking at some auction sites for fur garments every second day or so. I do not think that she shares my love for fur, but she loves to dress up and get turned on by the fact that she turns me on.

I am a very excited and a bit nervous about her finding out for real, but I think that she has heard about stranger stuff. She is somewhat stimulating my love for fur by wearing fur accessories and wishing to buy a fur coat. But she has not worn the fur coat that she already owned before we met yet.

I don't think that I should underestimate my mother, so I believe that she knows thought she has never spoken to me about it. She did not own any coat, and neither did my sister. I have a friend that I know gets turned on by fur. She (yes it is a she) is a beautiful russian girl, and I almost cheated on my ex girlfriend when I visited my friends house and she showed me a mink fur and a lot of blue fox skins that her mother received as payment from a client in russia, but that is a whole other story =(

She wears fur, but mostly shearlings.

First of all, I love the soft touch of fur, but I really like the look of it too.

Farmed or wild does not really matter, as long as it is soft and beautiful.

About the farms: As everywhere else in the world there are good and bad people, I am certain that animals on some farms suffer more than on others... Lets face it; the animals do not live in hotels.

And for wild animals: Especially live-catching traps do hurt, and traps intended to kill instantly sometimes traps the animal in the wrong way. There is no doubt that there is some true suffering of many trapped animals. I do care about this because I do not like when anyone, animal or human, suffers. It is, on the other hand, a necessity to be able to wear fur, as well as eating meat. Do I care? -Yes. Do I feel guilty? - No, I am not even sorry. I have killed an animal for its fur, but primarily it is caring fur the deers when I hunt fox.

I don't feel guilty about my feelings for fur, but I would not like my surroundings to find out more than necessary because I am a bit worries about peoples reactions.

I don't have a clue about how many hours I have spent here, or how many hours I spend here every week. I don't know how many topics I have started either, but I was a member at melodys for some years. Perhaps I joined in 2001 or 2002. Since 2003 I have been a member at another forum as well.

I do not use an instant messenger to talk to other furlovers.

I have never been directly contacted by anti fur people, except in the street.

I handle such approaches by saying that I think that it is good that animals are used for medical testing, meat, leather and fur, and that I did not want to give them money to counter that, but that I did understand their point.

Remarks on the questionnaire...? Perhaps It would have been easier to use some other way to collect your info. This will be a lot of work for you to draw conclusions from. It was quite interesting and it caused me to ask myself questions that I normally don't reflect over.

Thank you!