• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joe

• JGalanos

• White Fox

• Worker 11811

• 4 weeks later...

Just found this. I had to download some software on my Mac to view it, but in the first few minutes of the film, there are two scenes with Kate Mulgrew in an enormous pale indigo fox coat! Enjoy!

http://video.aol.com/video/movies-warner-bros-a-stranger-is-watching/1786264

Edit: Oops...I didn't see that this was for sale, a la iTunes. Oh, well. I should YouTube the fur clips off my VHS copy...

I couldn't just post a dud and nothing else! WHERE have the YouTubers been? Oh well, come fur season I'm sure we'll see more clips posted...I hope...

Kelly Lynch in 'Cocktail':

Kelly Lynch again:

Joan Collins in Lynx:

The "blonde-fire+ice" clip that I first found at Sheeny's site in the late 90s:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN8xNXGh59I

Another blonde clip that I originally found at "hacky-jacky's..." five years ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPrPzVUjCRI

A girl modeling a raccoon coat. This was posted about a year ago, but it's been reposted by this user:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaAoBlYUztM

I'm not sure if this was added here or not:

Same fox cape, same user:

Lisa Baines from 'Cocktail':

24 seconds of Mel in 80s Sable:

JG, I was just looking at the link you posted to the fur fashion show two posts (?) above. There are indeed some nice furs there. But to me at least the actions of the models represent a good deal of what is wrong with the fur industry in many cases today. What do the absolutely stupid moves of those models have to do with fur or fashion? If a model is almost running down the runway and kind of throwing the furs all over the place you cannot see the design of the coat, or get an idea of "What that coat might look like on my wife", etc. Maybe I am wrong but to me they had a chance for a great show, and totally ruined it.

Would be interesting to hear your thoughts on that and those of others. Did you see that show the same way that I did? It could have been great! Could have....

W

WF -- I agree with you. I think most of the furs in that show were superb, but the way they were "staged" on the runway did not show them advantageously. The models literally ran down the runway, often in groups of three or more, making it difficult to evaluate/appreciate the individual furs. I thought the show was very theatrical and exciting ... But not conducive to showcasing the design and splendor of each of the furs.

• 4 weeks later...

Ordinary people...

Now there is a designer who is thinking! And it shows on the runway as well. People relate to others like themselves! You can see the smiles on the faces of the folks on the runways, etc.

THAT is the kind of thinking that will turn this industry on it's ear if more people will begin to think of more things like that!

W

No offence to the "models", White Fox

They are not supermodels, but I think they look great too....

It's a great idea. People could apply to work one night as a model, and these 12 were the lucky ones.

Softcell

What I like most about the Copenhagen Fur Show was the model's not trying to stop a hole in the runway with their walk.

Mixed gender and ages.

Nice furs too.

OFF

The girls in the VW advert is Pauline Hamilton. She has had a troubled life since that advert, alcoholism, suicide attempts and several failed marriages; but I believe she is doing ok now and is making her way up on British television.

• 3 weeks later...