1st Fur sighting if the season!

bigfur1

Went to lunch friday and in walks a women wearing a rex chinchilla hooded vest! She even worn it the whole time she was there. I don't think I have ever seen a vest like this, maybe it was new and she just could'nt wait to wear it. Hope this is a sign of many more to come.

Not sure precisely where you are located, but I am happy to announce that I have been wearing fur coats/jackets since September 18th, as opposed to ponchos and what I call light furs that I was able to wear durning a good portion of the summer. Happy to hear of your sighting, and my Fur Season in the northern hemisphere las untill at least May

Brava, lynxette, Bravissima!

My first sighting was around August 30, when temperatures in Rome dipped down to the 50s (I'm still on fahrenheit): a beautiful 30-something Italian woman in a golden sable scarf at the Campo di'Fiori, one of central Rome's most energetic piazzas. She really looked to be enjoying the scarf, stroking it with one hand, a gelato in the other. Mmm.

My...second...sighting was bizarre, and during our warm spell to boot: A blonde-haired German teenage girl with a gigantic, thick blue fox stole, complete with the head and feet, around her neck. The best part is that I spotted her when I walked into a McDonalds, of all places, at about 11pm; she was with about 5 or 6 other girls, dressed "punk rock princess" style.

Very interesting...

ciao,

J.

I saw an emo girl in similar yesterday....in the UK!!

She was all of 17 and even had hooped tights in black and white, a black top and skirt and this massive white fox stole....with head and tail...and black and white eye makeup and a black bob. This is rare indeed.

I'm so disconnected from the teenage fashion world these days that I can't figure out where this trend came from. Any ideas? Whoever started it, I like it.

J.

Just returned from Denver and there was not a fur in sight! Who'd have thought it would have been in the upper 70s and 80s each day. Not even any at night...

Very nice selection of coats and jackets at Overland. If you happen to be in Denver, stop by their shop in Writer Square!

FLinFL

The fur season has definitely begun for us...

I joined my wife on Friday for a visit to the new Bloomingdales here in SF. We had a great time shopping and having lunch. She wore her short mink jacket, which received a number of compliments.

Then, Saturday night we had a late dinner at a romantic French restaurant. The evening was cool and she wore her chinchilla 7/8 coat over a long leather skirt. She looked hot!.

It is going to be a great fur season!

sf fur

sf fur, I need to ask you this because it has been on my mind for a while now. Do you and/or your wife ever get confronted by anti-fur people whilst you are out and about on what sound to be quite lovely outings. I am just specifically curious because San Francisco has such a reputation for it's liberalism and the things that may go with that mindset. I will say that although I would wear furs there on a visit, I am inclined at this point to be a bit "defensive" and on guard. Please advise as to whether this is justified.

Lynxette,

I can say that neither my wife nor I have ever had a problem, been harassed or otherwise confronted while we were wearing a fur here in San Francisco.

The only time I can actually remember anything negative was two years ago when a woman walked past my wife while we were shopping on a downtown book store and said quietly, "I think it is very sad." My wife wasn't even sure if she was definitely referring to her coat.

There are certainly plenty of opportunities for us to encounter problems, if they are out there. We go out in the evening at least once each weekend and my wife will always wear a fur. In the summer this might only be a stole or tiny shrug, but from fall through mid-spring she will always want a coat. I start wearing my fur-lined coats in November and continue into spring.

One amusing story I can tell involves a good friend who purchased a sheared beaver coat from a furrier friend of mine back in the Eighties. He is a bit of an over-the-top New York lawyer type. They were walking near Union Square (downtown) one afternoon, with his wife wearing the fur coat. They passed by a small group protesting outside a fur shop. A guy challenged my friend, saying,