Furry 3D project

Earendil

Jessi is 100% computer-made. She's been created in Poser, imported to Photoshop, tweaked, gotten a furry lynx, and a make-over on skin etc. I left the grid in to show that she's actually built.

This is just a quick test project to see if there's a potential in creating 3D characters and manipulating them to become furry models. Thought I'd share it with you guys

Click Click Click

Tip Top I Like So which Poser Software would you recommend for a gifted amateur, have dabled with 2D before but never Poser Art

Thanks!

furelli, I recommend Poser 6 for character editing, Photoshop for 2D, Bryce for landscaping, and Lightwave/3D studio MAX for object building

EDIT: Here's a wireframe version if you want to study the character build-up -> click click click

Holy cow Earendil - your 3D fur model looks amazing!! Keep up the good work mate!!

I guess modelling actual fur in 3D might be a bit overly complex - is it?

Unclejoe

That is fantastic work and very lovely! Well done! Way beyond all my skills, being a self-taught photoshopper .

She is very pretty!

Would hate to think just how much time was involved in getting her "just right".

Have a feeling the re-do button got a bit of a workout or is there a 'dummy' image that you started from?

yes UncleJoe, I'd rather jump off a cliff than start modelling realistic fur 3D

Impressive!

The model is "3d" - the lynx "2d"? Or did you use some kind of furry poser plugin?

So, the fur's pasted in from a photo? Not to shabby!

How did you blend it in with the rest of the rendered stuff? It looks seamless!

How long does it take you to make a 3-D character?

How long does it take you to touch it up in Photoshop?

How long have you been at this, in general?

I've been working with Blender in my spare time for about 6 months and have never been able to produce anything nearly as good as yours.

My computer only has a 400 MHz G3 in it... S-L-O-W! and I don't have a lot of time to work on things like this. I can only work at night and on days off.

Further, I don't know anybody around these parts who even knows what 3-D graphics is, let alone how to do it. It's hard working in isolation.

I've tried rendering fur by setting up a particle system but it takes ages on my computer. If I need fur I just use GIMP's artistic filters to fake it.

That's some top-notch stuff, there! Keep it up! 8)

Short on time here, but I'll try to answer everyone in one go!

Worker. It takes me a few hours to set up a poser 3D-Model, then about an hour to render it.

Touching up in Photoshop takes from 10 minutes to several days depending on how good you want the result.. It's really tideous because you have to edit freehand, can't follow any tutorials

I've been at this for 4-5 years! Only self-taught though!

Ronin, model is 3D, Lynx is 2D, that's correct

Barguzin, the undo-button gets hammered, yes

So, with your four years of experience to my six months of part time work with a slow computer I don't feel so bad.

Mind if I use some of your renderings as inspiration to work from?

So, with your four years of experience to my six months of part time work with a slow computer I don't feel so bad.

Mind if I use some of your renderings as inspiration to work from?

Be my guest Let me know if you need a base-render of a model too if you want to try it from scratch

Thanks!

furelli, I recommend Poser 6 for character editing, Photoshop for 2D, Bryce for landscaping, and Lightwave/3D studio MAX for object building

EDIT: Here's a wireframe version if you want to study the character build-up -> click click click

You forgot paint shop pro for painting options and ulead photoimpact for lighting LOL

Nice work Kid!! I am impressed! Dragon

Photosop can handle both painting and lighting Thanks Dragon.. It means a lot coming from you! You were the one who got me started doing this!

Photosop can handle both painting and lighting Thanks Dragon.. It means a lot coming from you! You were the one who got me started doing this!

NP! You are good man....

I started using paint shop pro before any other program would do the paint thing..(I am an old guy lol)

photo shop is great ..its a matter of choice i guess...

i am assuming you mean adobe?

I was gonna' say, you know you're good when you get compliments from Dragon!

Thats what I was thinking too hehe