Have we misunderstood what we knew as children?

ReFur

When I was a child mum came home one day wearing a very nice 3/4 raccoon jacket. I was at the age of ten and when I saw this coat I immediately fell in love with it. I was jealous and wanted to wear it myself. When I had the opportunity I weared the coat at home striking the fur and cuddleing it. I wanted to have such a nice coat and I have many times my parents asked for it. They never gave me a fur. They said I was too young to wear fur.

Later when I was elder and the coat fitted me I have lend it many times from mum. I think I was at the age of 14 then. When i was wearing this raccoon I felt very feminin and happy, always butterflies in my stomac.

A few years later at the age of 16 I saw an illegal tigerhunt on the german TV. It was very excited and I watched it breathless. I saw that mighty tiger and I realised that when somebody wanted to have his pelt he really had no chance. It was very exciting to watch how this happened and I felt in stead of sorry for the tiger butterflies again in my stomac.

This must be the origin of my desire for pelts and rugs and my fascination how fur is harvested. From that day of I knew that one day I should have a rug of a mighty animal like a tiger or a bear. Till now I never have bought one but in future I certainly do.

Later at the agen of 24/25 when I earned my own money I have bought a silverfox.

When mum bought herself a mink she gave this raccoon to me and for all those reasons it is still one of my favs.

Love,

Francoise.

Nothing like a tigerhunt to make us love fur! Really enjoyed your story!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aliceinfur

• Joe

• minkme

• elbas3175

Someones digging deep in the threads This post is nearly 10 years old! Glad people are still looking at the history of this place.

I think it's the first time I saw post digging as a positive thing in a forum, heh (which I find kinda nice, being for the right/good reasons)

When I was a child mum came home one day wearing a very nice 3/4 raccoon jacket. I was at the age of ten and when I saw this coat I immediately fell in love with it. I was jealous and wanted to wear it myself. When I had the opportunity I weared the coat at home striking the fur and cuddleing it. I wanted to have such a nice coat and I have many times my parents asked for it. They never gave me a fur. They said I was too young to wear fur.

Later when I was elder and the coat fitted me I have lend it many times from mum. I think I was at the age of 14 then. When i was wearing this raccoon I felt very feminin and happy, always butterflies in my stomac.

A few years later at the age of 16 I saw an illegal tigerhunt on the german TV. It was very excited and I watched it breathless. I saw that mighty tiger and I realised that when somebody wanted to have his pelt he really had no chance. It was very exciting to watch how this happened and I felt in stead of sorry for the tiger butterflies again in my stomac.

This must be the origin of my desire for pelts and rugs and my fascination how fur is harvested. From that day of I knew that one day I should have a rug of a mighty animal like a tiger or a bear. Till now I never have bought one but in future I certainly do.

Later at the agen of 24/25 when I earned my own money I have bought a silverfox.

When mum bought herself a mink she gave this raccoon to me and for all those reasons it is still one of my favs.

Love,

Francoise.

I was very sympathetic to animals when I was a boy but I also felt excited and breathless when I was swathed in a cape made from whole foxes. Latter on I seen my first bearskin rug and I thought about it all day and night. When I was young I only seen women wearing furs. Men always did things for women. Like open doors, let them go first , pull out their chairs, light their cigarettes, etc.... I remember my aunt saying how she told my Uncle she wanted the fur cape. I believed women were treated almost like a goddess or royalty. I found it endearing that if a lady desired the furs of animals then the animal must be sacrificed for her. Knowing furs bring pleasure to a lady, or in my case she used it to sooth a shy little boy, makes the animals sacrifice all the more endearing!

I remember visiting the very upmarket department store as a 12 year old. I told my mother I was going to the loo and, on the way back, took a wrong turning and blundered into the fur salon! I can't remember how long I stayed or even if I was ejected but it was a seminal moment in my life!

• 10 months later...

Thanks, neoJaguar, for resurrecting this old thread, and for all the replies!

One brief thought, after ten years: The use of furs and soft textures in home furnishings and accessories should feel completely normal to kids growing up. One common experience many of us, especially those of us who are male, seem to share, is that furs were treated as precious or even forbidden.

J.

Edited by Guest

Ive always loved seing women in furs when i was little .. Seing what i saw then and then now.. So many beautiful options for fur coats..

I wouldnt mind eventually finding a full lenght beaver or mink fur coat to wear.. Problem is that i am a medium built guy so i wear atleast a 2x maybe a 3x size in furs.. Reall or faux... I loveboth

• 2 weeks later...

WOW! I can relate to just about everything posted. When I was little I loved seeing women in furs. I was especially thrilled with the women who wore the big fluffy furs. I would even get weak in the knees sometimes!

Gosh this is so true. The most recent example I can think of is while browsing a furniture store not long ago, I noticed a nicely sized plush white sheepskin rug on the floor displayed before a very classy sofa. Suddenly a small girl, maybe 4 years old, broke away from her mother's grasp and immediately dove onto the rug, placed her face into it and started stroking it. Her mother was embarrassed at her daughter's innocent abandon, but I understood and again realized the instinctive attraction young children have to fur. Wouldn't it be nice to maintain those wonderful feelings without a PC society's influence.

Yes ReFur --"These children were reacting on an instinctual basis."

When I was a child, I had to stay afternoons at my grandmother's house (she was quite cranky). My mother taught high school and she would come get me after her school had let out. She had a wonderful brown rabbit fur coat, and I remember her coming to get me and I would be so excited that I would run and jump into her arms. The happiness coupled with hugging her with her coat made me just over-the-top-happy. It was a warm, loving feeling.

****For members, please feel free to find and resurrect older threads on such fur discussions. It is amazing to read back over older comments and think of all the perspectives over the years.****

My love of furs began very early for me. My grandmother was fairly wealthy and she had a 3/4 length beige mink coat and a gorgeous white mink stroller. When I was about 6 or 7 I would get the furs out of the closet and I'd put them on the floor in the living room while watching tv. While doing so, it didn't seem like a big deal but I certainly loved the feeling. As I got older, my love of furs became carnal in nature and not only did I want to feel the furs, I wanted to see what they looked like wearing them.

I spent a lot of time at her house and after grandparents would go to bed, I would stay up late and "watch tv". They didn't care so I would get them out and wear them. Because of my age, they were somewhat large on me and I loved the oversized look they had on me. I never had any desire to cross dress and I wasn't cross-dressing by putting on the furs, but they felt and looked delicious on me. Every time I wore her furs, I would have a massive orgasm (another story how that got started with a sibling) but my desire became more and more lustful.

She also subscribed to Vogue and Town and Country magazines and I relished the October and November issues because that is when the deliciously sexy Grovesenor ads would appear and I would lust for page after page of glorious power furs as well as the Blackgama ads featuring such glamour goddesses as Elizabeth Taylor, Joan Rivers (pre-plastic surgery which I prefer her plastic), Ann-Margret, Lena Horne, Racquel Welch among others.

I became more and more lustful for furs as I got older (I"m 57 now) and I loved watching shows like "The Price is Right" and other game shows that featured furs as prizes. Anybody remember the glorious Janice Pennington and Anitra Ford modeling their glorious furs with the hands seductively stroking the collars? Then I vividly remember the soap operas of the 70's and 80's with Goddesses like Susan Lucci, Deidre Hall and others who were often seen in furs. I'm appreciative of the fact that some of those scenes were recorded by other users and my euphoric recall of those scenes is always very explosive.

Then in the 80's Dynasty, Dallas, Hotel and Falcons Crest came along and the fur Goddesses Joan Colins, Linda Evans, Victoria Principal, Stephanie Beacham thrilled me week after week as well as many minor characters gracing our screens with furs week after week.

I now own two beautiful dyed blue fox jackets that I refer to as my "girls" and I often travel with them when I'm staying in hotels alone. I have to share my lust alone because my wife doesn't share my desires but it is what it is, so I love to chat with others male or female since I'm very bi (more lust for drag queens) but love chatting aobut glamour and furs with all others..and being very lustful, open and honest.

That's my story..love to hear about the others!

Mmmmm

Excellent idea indeed to take the dust away from this threat. Just discovered a few jewels. Like many, I discovered the magic of fur as a child and it has kept me in its power ever since. A history covering almost half a century. I love everything about furs; looking at them, touching them, wearing them, watching women wearing them, collecting them, talking about them, writing and reading about them, having sex in them, just everything ... It is an amazing feeling that doesn't go away. It remains powerful and delicious. A source of a lot of happiness.

Jerome

I think I must have been born loving furs, as I cannot remember a time when I did not want a fur coat. My grandfather was in the fur business, so my mom has always said it was in my blood. However t got there, I know I would not be me if it wasn't there.

• 2 weeks later...

Lynxette, how great to have an early love of furs and, being female, ,have the support of your family right from the beginning.

• 1 month later...

So true!

I have always loved fur. My mother had a full length red fox coat I loved. She bought it before I was born and then had it completely redone in the 80s. Last year I came to live in Montreal and she gave it to me. We have the same size and it fits me perfectly.

My daughter is now five and she loves to touch me while I am wearing it.

Last year I wore it during a school going out with her and all the kids were trying to touch me and be by my side. One of them told his mother to buy a coat like mine!!

This year I bought a mink coat. My little girl came with me to the shop and she really enjoyed the visit! When we left, she told me that she wanted one as well. I told her she was too young and she replied: I will use yours when I grow up! I would really love to give her one of my coats someday.

Alice,

A great story that again reinforces the instinctive attraction humans have to fur as children. Hopefully your daughter will get your mink, and maybe one special fur, just for her, in between.

Glad that Mom was willing to pass along her Fox Coat to you. Sounds like you had a good experience when you were growing up and now your daughter is starting out the same way.

It sounds like it gets old in Montreal? Cold enough to wear a fox coat during a school outing? I am suppose to go to Montreal in two years, just wondering how the weather will be?

It is very cold here! Not yet but in one month I guess it will be time to wear fur again! The outing was in April and it was -20 degrees that day! I think was the only one who was really comfortable during the horse carriage ride!

As soon as my daughter grows up a little bit, I will get a piece of her choice.

When I finished my studies at university, my father bought a camel coat with a fox collard for me. I still have it and I really love it.

It sounds like fur wearing weather October to at least April?

What a great Dad, buying your first coat with for? Such a positive experience fir you and the kids seeing you wear the fox and mink. Even in a school outting so that its not just worn at special occasions but anytime wear. Also that you allow the kids to touch the fur so that can feel and appreciate it.

Time to add to your wardrobe this year by adding another fur this winter?

I wear fur on a daily basis during the winter. When I arrived, I saw everyone wearing the famous Canada Goose parca and I didn't find it special at all. It is like an uniform and quite unflattering. I have a mackage parca but I don't use it a lot.

I prefer fur coats as they are longer, more beautiful and combine better with my clothes.

For this coming winter, I bought a dark ranch mink coat and a mink jacket. One of the things I love about Montreal is the possibility to buy fur for a reasonable amount.

I can't stop thinking about what will I buy next winter!!

I think you're right, thoses Goose parca and mackage parca does not look all that great compared to fur coats. Does my people wear furs coats in Montreal during the winter cold?

I just checked, my trip is in late June so the weather should be so cold then?

Minkme - Montreal in June? It will be summer, not winter.

Aliceinfur - where do you go for your furs in Montreal? You buy new coats every winter? Your furrier must love you

Montreal in June is not too hot but not winter. This year the temperature was around 18º and it is quite rainy.

For furs in Montreal I have gone to Samuel forrures (in Laval), Dubarry forrures (old Montreal) and Oliver furs (a wholesale furrier). I have just bought a dark ranch mink coat and a demi buff mink bolero in Samuel forrures.

I didn't use to buy a new coat every year but Montreal's winters are really cold a fur coat is not something that's hanging on the closet for special occasions. In addition, prices are lower than in my home country (Spain), so I will try to buy as many as I can afford before leaving (we move every three or four years).

Actually, I don´t have a lot of coats and some of them are quite old. I will make some pictures and I will list them in the relevant post. I am lucky to have a husband who likes to see me in fur!