Fantasy Idea

furmbeliever

A very interesting idea. I believe it would have to be a fur lining on a canvas hammock as fur pelts could not take the strain by themselves. If made from new pelts this could be a somewhat expensive project considering current pelt prices.

Perfect candidate for 'preowned" furs. A kind of pastisch of mixed furs would be very nice I think. Kind of a primitive approach for the fur cave.

More like a swinging Bed/Sleeping Bag with structural support.

A padded canvas sling.

Big soft pillows of course.

Great for watching those fur videos.

OFF

A fur hammock......? That would make an awesome gift; to give or to receive! Then again, (for the most part) anything fur is always nice to receive.

Not a bad idea - having a fur hammock.

Have always wanted a nice snuggly fur sleeping bag - with fur inside and out!!

Unclejoe

minkme;

i don't think so. If it is supported by the canvas. With my Fox spread the wool backing seems to do well at holding it together.

I'm sure you would have to be somewhat careful if two are in the hammock.

OFF

Ive contacted Morris Kaye and Sons in Dallas, Texas with this idea and I will be patiently awaiting a response. I suggested a brown and black mink or crystal/blue fox cover for a hammock.

paul2809

Have the bottom part of the hammock that you lie in made from a different kind of fur or a different material all together.

Choose something that can stand the stress.

Maybe a sheepskin or a synthetic fleece?

That way, when you lie on it and it has to support your weight it won't get deformed and torn like some kinds of fur pelts would.

Certainly, have a canvas backing or a "cargo net" material underneath for structural support.

Then once you have the back and sides made to your specification, make the edges out of your favorite fur. You can pull them up around you as you lie in the hammock.

If you want, put some extra fur hanging down from the edges like two flaps. That way you can fold them in and gather them around you and snuggle up for a nice warm nap.

As a finishing touch, put some fasteners down the edges.

Use some Velcro closures or snaps if you want to be able to get in and out of the hammock by yourself.

If you really want to add that extra dimension of "security" you could have a heavy duty zipper installed instead of Velcro. Then, you will be able to get in your hammock and have your S.O. zip you up inside your furry little cocoon!

One-way zippers with locking tabs could be added for that extra special BDSM touch!

Click here for a drawing.

(Imagine the hammock spread open on the floor and you are looking down on it.)

The zipper should be a "three-tab closure". Kind of like a heavy duty Squall Parka. The kind that can be zipped up to the top but the bottom can be left unzipped.

The usual idea is so that you can zip up to your neck for warmth and security but you can leave the bottom undone for ventillation and freedom of movement.

On the hammock, the idea is that your S.O. can open a little portal to the inside of your fur cocoon but still leave you secure inside.

Then he/she can reach in and "Stir the Pot"!